PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts.

Options

Comments

• KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    good afternoon all

like the nice new thread and page 2 already

back soon

1st edit;
    ok I am back and raring to go ,,have just been to MrT's and spent a [STRIKE]fortune [/STRIKE] bit on whoopsied meat,, pork chops ,,rump steak,,and top rump for sundays dinner was very reasonable

2nd edit
    just had to rush off to pick up DHs prescription only 9 things on it today,,I dont know what we would have done if I hadnt picked it up as he has not had this mornings pills..will have to go and pick this up now,,well a bit later

see you later

KAAT xx
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    put me down for £500 for the month please.

had a shock at school today youngest buys a carton of milk to have with his pack up. it was 15p last term i gave him 20p in case it had gone up. I got the messagwe back i owe the school 6p as the milk is now 26p for a third of a pint!!!!:mad: .

ill be getting a little bottle and an ice pack and sending my own in future.

hoping this week is a light shop as not buying ant frozen stuff, still eating to empty the freezer so it can be defrosted
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick question, when you say you never cook from scratch is that because you don't want to, because you can't or because you can't find time? If that sounds a bit rude it isn't meant to be, just trying to think of alternatives to the food you posted, but most of them would involve cooking!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • miemie
    miemie Posts: 646 Forumite
    Options
    OK, Mr T just delivered shopping and it was £48.88, but really pleased as i used a £12 off £80 spend and with other offers thats what it came to.
    spent £3.45p in pet shop. but its day 1 and i've spent 1/4 of the budget:eek: .
    Don't know if i'm going to manage this.
    miemie
  • lauren_1
    lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Im going for £200, i need to stock up on dry essentials and this includes clothes for the kids and the rest of dd's uniform, good old asda!
  • miemie
    miemie Posts: 646 Forumite
    Options
    Oh no spent £3 in Greggs as well this morning. No hope for me.
  • Staciep88
    Staciep88 Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    I totally agree about the veg - i need more. I dont cook because we both work 35 hours a week and just go for the easy option. I need a kick up the bum! :o
    xXx
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi stacey,

Welcome to Old Style. :hello: These threads may give you some ideas:

Filling breakfasts - any recipes/ideas?

Cheaper lunch!!!

Lunch for work

New ideas for Lunches?

Meal for two for 50p. Suggestions?

The Cheapest Healthy Meal Ever!

Feed 6 for £1.62

Cheapest meal

Your Cheapest Evening Meal.

cheap, easy family meals

Show Jamie How To Cook On A Budget Champagne Contest

Meal idea's under £1

It's also worth taking a look at Martin's article on Supermarket Shopping: Halve your weekly bill by beating the system which has lots of hints and tips.

As others have said the Grocery Challenge which has just begun today is a great place to start and you'll get lots of help and support there. I'll add your thread to that one later.

Good luck.

Pink
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    How about starting with something like cooking a bolognese sauce and freezing the extra portion so that you have your own home made ready meals for a couple of nights? If you cook a huge quantity of the sauce it's also fairly easy to add some kidney beans and some chilli powder and you've then got chilli as well!

Is that the kind of thing that you like to eat or would want to do?
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I join too? I'll try for £125 if thats ok? Thanks!
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure