Fantastic tradition for little ones

Options

Comments

• fletty
    fletty Posts: 731 Forumite
    Options
    peppermint has just finished decorating the kids rooms with fairy lights, lots of tinsel xmas trees and lots of paper snowflakes (they took him ages to make).
    He's been busy playing hide and seek the last few nights and also left the kids xmas biscuts (santas face and a xmas tree) to decorate (from b & m bargains they were really cheap and great quality) and last night he left baubles for them to do.

got some of the cadburys elf chocs today so will start leaving them too.
    emily writes peppermint a letter in his journal every night, and I love reading it when shes finished she's 5 1/2 gonna keep it till she's older I think it's one of those treasured memorys that you'd never want to loose.
    :beer:
  • pennyfrog
    pennyfrog Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    I first heard of Christmas Elves a few months back on a site I visit alot-but originally thought that it's a shame my kids are too old for this- they'd have loved it. One person on the site mentioned that she'd bought one to visit her and her hubby, as they had no kids, so I thought- 'Why not?' We've all got a pretty quirky sense of humour in this household, so I went elf hunting. Could I find one? Could I snowballs!!!! In the end, I found the most gorgeous reindeer in a charity shop- so he became our Christmas guest. He's been named Jingle- and now proudly sports a little bell round his neck (from a Lindt chocolate rabbit at Easter!).
    Honestly- don't let age put you off!!!! My family love him!!! One of the good things about them being older is that Jingle can get up to some rather elaborate pranks. He's been caught wearing a pair of my son's underpants on his antlers and he isn't housebroken either- every now and then there'll be a little 'pile' beside him. Whoever finds he's had an accident gets to clean up in whatever way they seem fit. (Seeing as they love maltesers, they rush to do it, along with much face pulling and declaring how 'gross' it is!!!) He's hidden pinecones in their beds and leaves silly drawings and messages a few pages ahead in the books they're reading.
    I have a feeling that some of his antics may soon be ones I wasn't expecting. Hubby has had a worryingly thoughtful look about him today!!!
    Conquering the debts one penny at a time.....
  • donna73
    donna73 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chipper twinkletoes left a special magic fizzing snowball for them last night- they were both really chuffed. ds thinks it might make them magic :) and we found him looking longingly out the window at the heavy frost this morning!
    Word for 2023 …PROACTIVE 🧡 2023 -decluttering campaign 1020/2023 ⭐️⭐️Saving towards paying off car in November…£720/£1500 🚗
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    bless, sounds like everyone is having fun!

bertie and rudolph had a party last night, and crushed biscuits into my carpet, the kids thought it was great. sadly ( :) ) rudolph is leaving tonight! so hopefully there wont be anymore parties. hubby is making him his own website!!!
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • Jammygal
    Jammygal Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My elf was found this morning sitting in a semi circle around the telly surrounded by other Christmas cuddlies . He was watching the free dvd of a roaring fire from The 'Matter' box and trying to toast marshmallows (on sticks) on it;)

If you want to do something similar and do not have a matterbox if you go to www.thetasteofautumn.com where you can load a screensaver of a roaring fire. (you do have to go through competition stuff first!!!)
  • PINKIE1_2
    Options
    our elves alf and wilf put snowflakes all over the dining room then went to cool off in the fridge.the kids found them in there with chocolate santas.
    tonight i think they are going to make up all the puzzles including a new one.
    my husband thinks i have totally lost the plot and my house is begining to look like santas grotto but i don,t care kids are loving it.
  • donna73
    donna73 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chipper twinkletoes has a bit of a glint in his eye tonight he's planning a snowball (cotton wool balls) fight with some cuddly toys;)
    Word for 2023 …PROACTIVE 🧡 2023 -decluttering campaign 1020/2023 ⭐️⭐️Saving towards paying off car in November…£720/£1500 🚗
  • PINKIE1_2
    Options
    i would like to say a great big thankyou to "soblivion" for bringing this tradition to my attention.my kids are getting so much fun from this(and me too if i am honest). My 10 year old son is helping me do all the elf mischief and loving it.he doesnt believe in santa now so this is making christmas exciting for him too! he told me the other day that he thought this was going to be one of the best christmas's yet,and i am sure it will be for the little ones too. so thankyou again.
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    sounds like everyone is having fun with this. my OH thought i was mad and he wasnt going to get involved etc BUT he went and made bertie his own website - http://www.bertieelfkins.mystics.co.uk/ please stop by and leave a message from your own elfs. my kids will think its great. there are still a couple of slight problems with website but OH at work now so they have got to wait - didnt notice them b4 it went live.

i'm so glad that this tradition is going to take in the uk.

bertie cant do any mischief today as the boys are off school as keep being sick!
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • Jammygal
    Jammygal Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My elf just dropped in on your site ;). Hope your kids are feeling better soon J x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure