Fantastic tradition for little ones

Options

Comments

• yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    bless. bertie disappeared as well last night/this morning. he left a note saying he had gone exploring the house and would leave a clue in his book later. well the clues said he was somewhere cold that reminded him of home..... he was found in the freezer with chocolate santas! hats probably have been more use as its turned horrid here in cambs.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • Jammygal
    Jammygal Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Snowball ( our elf) came knocking at the door tonight....much to the kids dismay!
    They put him to bed but he has been up painting snowflakes on the windows all evening!!!
    He also wrote Snowball was here on the top of one window! I don't know what we have let ourselves in for!!!!
  • donna73
    donna73 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    read this thread last night, i'm going out to try and find an elf this afternoon. I'm going to write a letter from father christmas to the kids to explain that an elf will be arriving in a day or so. Can't wait to see their faces! this thread has made me feel all warm and christmassy- thank-you
    Word for 2023 …PROACTIVE 🧡 2023 -decluttering campaign 1020/2023 ⭐️⭐️Saving towards paying off car in November…£720/£1500 🚗
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    donna73 wrote: »
    ..... I'm going to write a letter from father christmas to the kids to explain that an elf will be arriving in a day or so.

donna, there's a printable letter, passport and report card here ;)

I had an email from my dd in Oz this morning (I've sent them an elf) and they've been reading about the elf escapades on various forums; dd says dsil is so excited :D and already plotting elf-y surprises for dgd.

not sure if this one's been mentioned or not, but some really funny ideas there
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • GemR_2
    GemR_2 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I am sooo excited. Batty and Snappy are all packed up in their wicker sleigh, complete with sleeping bags, passports, bags of snow, magic elf chocolates, mini pencils, naughty or nice report book, letter from Santa and blank letters and envelopes to return to Santa. They are going to arrive on our very snowy doorstep (we have lots of it here in the North West) when dd gets home from school. I've got lots of treats, craft projects and mischief planned too. Dh doesn't know about them yet either so he will be as excited and surprised as the kids!

I don't know if anyone else has found these or not, but I picked up two perfect elf sleeping bags at Ikea on Monday for £1.65 each (they are actually storage bags, but far better as elf sleeping bags I think;) ). I got a green and a blue but there is a dark pink one too. They have a loop on the back which is also perfect for hanging them on to the curtain hold backs or a door handle etc.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30132810

Also got two packs of Cadbury's Magic Elf chocolates at Home Bargains today. 99p for 10. They are like Freddos but all different elf names with popping candy in.
  • soblivion
    soblivion Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone for giving us your elf reports, I'm 42 but still a big kid at heart and I'm really enjoying reading about all the escapades.
    As I said earlier my 2 are way too old for this so it's lovely to read about your little ones. I sooooo need some grandchildren. Ohhh hang on I just heard my DD shout in Thailand 'NO WAY!' LOL
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    has anyone made there elf, i'm having a real problem finding one, my mum can knit one but we cant find the right colours of wool and i have search high and low for instructions and the only ones i can find seem really hard and i also cant find any teddies and i really want to do this with my imps, please please help!!!!
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • fletty
    fletty Posts: 731 Forumite
    Options
    Well today we got up to a right mess!!! Peppermint was sitting with all the xmas teddy's he could find watching the nightmare before xmas and there was popcorn everywhere and empty cups from my daughters tea set (she's amazed he knows where she keeps things!) the kids thought this was really funny and Emily couldn't wait to tell all at school. oh the looks!!
    :beer:
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    hi,

today we got a note from bertie saying that his friend rudolph is coming for the weekend as my eldest son wanted a reindeer! to keep them amused until the weekend rudolph has sent the rudolph and the island of misfit toys dvd. bertie is going off tomorrow to meet rudolph and will return on friday morning.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • PINKIE1_2
    Options
    has anyone made there elf, i'm having a real problem finding one, my mum can knit one but we cant find the right colours of wool and i have search high and low for instructions and the only ones i can find seem really hard and i also cant find any teddies and i really want to do this with my imps, please please help!!!!

i already have my elves but i saw some in tesco today.They were hanging in the baby clothing section,i think there meant as a cuddle teddy,but i thought they were lovely,i think they were £4. hope this helps. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure