Great What/What Not to Buy at Lidl, Aldi and Netto Hunt

Options

Comments

• EagerLearner
    EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
    Options
    I love the LIDL chocolates that have the individual small squares already in pieces (ie, you don't have to break it up yourself). they're delish. I also love their packet of rice snacks/crispy things as they're healthier than crisps/biscuits as a snack.

The parmesan cheese is fantastic, their German squeezy honey is amazing as you get twice as much in a bottle as you would in the supermarket and we use this in tea and also on toast.

We like their sliced salami, and we freeze it in bags of 12 slices for OH as he uses one 'freezer bag' of these per week for his sandwiches.

Their crunchy cereal bags are great and great price for one Kg.

Their large salami/chorizo is great too and we slice up some of it for tomato & chorizo style pasta sauce, and sometimes slice it up to put in stews.

Bags of carrots are only £0.39 or so, great value.
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • nodwah
    nodwah Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Options
    I had a good old chat with my neighbour over the fence today - she's a big fan of Lidl and especially likes the jams and she's a home Ec teacher so she should know
    Just call me Nodwah the thread killer
  • point3
    point3 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that TV chef Nick Nairn is now promoting recipes on Lidl's website? I wonder how they compare to those recipes he provides for Caleyco (posh Scottish produce)? :rotfl:
  • skintstudentbabe
    Options
    this isnt anythin to do with aldi or lidl but i have discovered tht sainsburys and tesco both do a lovely red or white wine for £2.10/£1.99. in sainsburys the wine comes from their basics range and the tescos ones r Marques de Leon (a spanish blend) the sainsburys basics white wine is a blend of european grapes but they r all drinkable!!! try it out!if u dont like it then uv lost nothin!
  • muller47
    Options
    i shop in lidl all the time and their Chorizo is fab half the price of anywhere else and much nicer.All their deli meats like ham and chicken are great and their frozen lamb is very tender.Get the veg and fruit when it is half-price this happens every few weeks in fact it has been the last 3 weeks.The icecream in Aldi is great and so too are their continental cheescakes from the frezzer section they are huge and are only £2.49 so great for parties i just used them for my daughters wedding.The rosemary ham in Aldi is excetional and their own brand non-bio washing liquid smells great and is just as good as a leading brand and only £1.80 ish a bottle.
  • chinagirl
    Options
    crispeater wrote:
    this has probably been mentioned but their potato salad is yummy!!! its made with creme fraiche and chives. the 99p pizza's are also nice

Are you referring to Aldi, cause I agree whole-heartedly. Their 99p Pepperoni Pizza deep-pan is a firm favourite in our family. Also try their plain vanilla icecream, I think it is 69p. Its sooooo creamy and tastes really expensive. I end up eating far too much of it! :)
    keep smiling,
    chinagirl x
  • lou26chris_2
    Options
    Aldi.s " chocolate chip brioche ! is just simply the best ! :D
    It is delicious ! and if you warm it up in the microwave for about 15 sec'c the chocolate chips start to melt ! .........Heaven !!!!!!!;)
    :heart:MONEY MONEY MONEY :heart:
    piggypoints update 15/10/07... 635 points
    £100.00 in boots vouchers collected... member since 28/01/07 :j :j
  • woekitten
    Options
    The 4 pcks of yoghurt for 35p from netto are lovely! Plus its the only peach melba yoghurt Ive been able to find, and Ive had a craving for it for months!

edited to add: they now seem to be 29p!
  • Zirconium
    Options
    Lidl
    Buy jams - the extra jams contain 55% fruit - compare that with Tesco/Sainsbury etc
    The Yoghurt is also delicious and choc biscuits!
  • circusmouse
    Options
    LIDL

*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS*VITAMIN FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!* :D:D:D

The best jelly sweets on the planet with real fruit juice (I think), AND B-vitamins!!!! So you have a good excuse to be naughty! I swear if they ever stopped stocking them I would go crazy....We make special trips to stock up cos everyone that tries them loves them! I haven't found one person who doesn't dig the vit.friends!<<<<THEY ARE THE BEST!>>>>BUY THEM NOW!<<<<
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure