»

16 year old son starting his army training help! - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

16 year old son starting his army training help!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in UK Armed Forces MoneySaving
134 replies 28.4K views

Replies

• adouglasmhoradouglasmhor Forumite
    15.6K posts
    Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK but I think it was just banter.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • Cat695Cat695 Forumite
    3.6K posts
    OK but I think it was just banter.

Mate ignore lee he must be RMP:beer:
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have failed to plan properly

I've only ever been wrong once! and that was when I thought I was wrong but I was right
  • gt568gt568 Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cat695 wrote: »
    Can you smell the baaaaaaaacon...
    :silenced: Down with the signature fascists!!:naughty:
  • gotnodoshgotnodosh Forumite
    251 posts
    Flybe flies from Southampton to Inverness and then to Stornoway. Southampton Airport is only down the road from Winchester and a train stops just outside the airport. That might be an option?

I'm sure he will be fine, it's a scary thing sending your baby off so far away!
  • loulou88loulou88 Forumite
    233 posts
    gotnodosh wrote: »
    Flybe flies from Southampton to Inverness and then to Stornoway. Southampton Airport is only down the road from Winchester and a train stops just outside the airport. That might be an option?

I'm sure he will be fine, it's a scary thing sending your baby off so far away!
    that is fantastic to know i will look into that route for when i go down to his passing out.
    He has just found out he will be travelling down with another lad fron Inverness on the train.
    Typical his photo id (young scots card ) has just arrived today. He is leaving tommorow . If it had been here a few days away the army said they would have flown him down. They will fly him back home next time so thanks fot this information.
    lots of small steps
    will get you a long way
    bsc 140
  • lee634lee634 Forumite
    1K posts
    Cat695 wrote: »

If that's what you want to think that's fin by me but soooo wrong
  • loulou88loulou88 Forumite
    233 posts
    oh my! calm down boys calm down play nicely now!
    lots of small steps
    will get you a long way
    bsc 140
  • Is today his first full day? How are you coping?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • Hello all,
    He travelled down ok. The other lad he was meant to catch the train with didn't turn up.:confused:
    He was worried about the underground. I know because he didnt eat all day from 8am to 4pm till he was past the underground. I asked what he thought of it and his words were "DIRTY". Well we do live on a very clean scottish island.
    He got to camp on Saturday evening.There played a few games on a wii console with some other lad that was there already. Had a few games of snooker. Same on Sunday. The rest of the others arrived on Sunday.

Then Monday (yesterday) was his first full day. He went out in a helicopter and loved it:j , hes never even been on a plane. He also did some clay pigeon shooting. :j
    Well Ive spent the whole weekend worrying. So much so I redecorated the kitchen/dining room. Then I had a few text messages and phone calls from ds.
    The messages are along the lines "camp is sh*t hot, I'm having great time."
    So all my worrying wasn't needed. I think it's a mum thing. It got my kitchen looking nice though.
    I have had a lots of tears:eek: when no one was looking.:o I've been extra weepy at the films on tv.
    Its so odd I keep looking in his room? I don't know what I'm expecting to see.:confused:
    I am so glad he is enjoying it so far. :D
    The thing I am not looking forward to is when if rings me and tells me it is so hard and he wants to come home.:eek: I know I will want to say come home then but I also know I cant as this is all he has ever wanted to do. I have been told he will be worked so hard and put through alot to make him into a soldier.
    The thing that Ive found strange is cooking. It is just me and my 12 years old daughter at home now and cooking so little seems odd.

I never though it would be hard for me I've been so busy getting all his stuff that I think it hit me after he had gone.
    But I've told him I love him lots and I am proud of him and will always be there for him. He is happy so I am too.:D

Thanks for asking about me Im keeping a brave face.
    My daughter is missing him she wont say so but she wants cuddles more than usual.
    Ill let you know how he gets on.
    lots of small steps
    will get you a long way
    bsc 140
  • Glad he's enjoying it and you and your daughter are coping ok.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support