PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Panasonic Breadmakers Tips and Quick Questions Thread

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Phil,

Glad you found the answer. This may be useful to other Panasonic owners so I'll add your posts into the Panasonic quick questions thread.

Pink
  • have had my panasonic for a month now and havent bought bread since buying it .makes wonderful bread so easy to use .my quetion is it normal for machine to rattle about a bit the pan and blade that is when making the dough ? i have put the pan in machine like it says but it does sound a bit chuggy and rattly am i doing something wrong ?
  • This normal mine does it to when its mixing. My main problem is trying to find wholemeal flour that rises properly :(
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 1021 - Proud to be dealing with my debts.
  • darthpaul wrote: »
    This normal mine does it to when its mixing. My main problem is trying to find wholemeal flour that rises properly :(

I use Doves farm flour, I tend to use 150g barleyhouse malt 150g spelt and 100g white, makes a delicious loaf that rises well, I do find it I use 100% wholegrain it can be a bit heavy :(
  • Does anyone have a ciabatta recipe for the panny-either dough or to cook in machine? (I have tried the one from the book but it rises up more than a regular loaf!-looking for a more authentic slipper shaped one :))
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    We're having pizza today & really need two lots of dough to feed the hoardes....Could I have put double the ingredients into the BM to make all the dough at the same time, or would it have blown up or something:confused:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• BigMummaF wrote: »
    We're having pizza today & really need two lots of dough to feed the hoardes....Could I have put double the ingredients into the BM to make all the dough at the same time, or would it have blown up or something:confused:

I'm guessing this is a bit late for you but I've done this in the Panny and it's fine.
    Piglet

Decluttering - 127/366

Digital/emails/photo decluttering - 5432/2024
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Thanks PLP--I did wonder if it would work, cuz the panny likes to dance around on this progaramme doesn't it :p
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• There is an instruction somewhere in the panny booklet that tells you the max amount of flour you can use in it. If I remember right it is 600g which is just the double pizza quantity. I think this applies whatever bread recipe you're using...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback