We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Kwik Fit - ADULTS ONLY.

Options
Went to get some new tyres this morning from Kwik Fit.

Only needed the front two doing, which they did. I got charged £64.00 for 2 tyres. On enquiring about the cost of 4 tyres I was told £132. On the internet, on price checking.. it stated £98 for 4 for the same tyres and fitting and allignment.

I think, being a woman I was properly ripped off.

Was this the worst bit of my experience with Kwik fit. NO.

On waiting in the waiting area with two business men. The Kwik fit mechanic shut all the doors, then a pirelli delivery man came and got an invoice off the desk leaving one of the doors open behind him.

You could hear the mechanics talking. One in great explicit detail was explaining about his latest `fu*k` and how on giving her oral sex, described what it smelt like ......... etc, etc........ You get the gist ! This went on for about 5 minutes.

The two business men, both looked straight ahead and didn`t dare look at me, and having my 3 year old daughter on my knee, covered her ears.

I am appalled by this, and being charged more than expected.

There were 4 mechanics including the manager, hanging around the desk when it was time to pay and I felt intimidated and just wanted to get out.

The manager was involved in the sex conversation, so i`m not ringing them to complain. should I got ot head office, or just forget about it??
Debt Free Jan 2010!
(Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
:j

Comments

• MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Get on the phone to head office now!

That is not on!!!

M
  • SaraSeahorse
    Options
    have pm'ed you

horrified
    Baby Milk Action is a non-profit organisation which aims to save lives and to end the avoidable suffering caused by inappropriate infant feeding.
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    That horrific. To talk about that sort of thing when there are customers around is bad enough, but within earshot of a 3 year old child is terrible. I would ring Head Office and complain
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • liz_uk
    liz_uk Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Have emailed head office, as I didn`t want to go into it on the telephone.

Waiting on a reply now, will let you know what happens.

Needless to say, I shan`t be going back there anytime soon !
    Debt Free Jan 2010!
    (Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
    :j
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    thats awful, contact head office, keep us informed! That cant be allowed, its a public place!

H
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Think I might have been tempted to tell him he was a disgrace talking about stuff like that in front of customers and to shut his face.

Definately would've got in touch with Head Office too.

It's not even as if it is a 'lads only' type place.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That is absolutely disgusting. Isnt it Kwik Fit who advertise themselves as being more"accessible" to women than your average garage? What a joke.
    Ellie
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • Firefly
    Firefly Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've never had a good Kwik Fit experience! Our local place is very intimidating and I simply don't go there now, preferring a local independent chap who is always polite and never patronising. It's not full of young "lads" either.

Please make sure you complain loudly, that is just an awful experience to suffer.
    Do not allow the risk of failure to stop you trying!
  • ~Faye~
    ~Faye~ Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Thats disgusting - I really hate it when you get men like that - especially in a place you dont feel 100% in anyway. :mad:
  • mandymack
    Options
    Kwik-fit are horrendous I would never go back they once tried to rip me off by fitting and requesting payment for a a complete exhaust when I requested and they quoted for only the back box. When I queried it they tried to bull!!!! me by saying that complete exhaust was needed and exhaust couldn't be split etc, only they didn't realise that this girls dad used to own a garage so I knew what they were talking about.
    Games set and match to the female with a complete new exhaust for the price of a back box
    They are total rip off merchants
    Titch :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills