Options

Comments

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mrs_PI wrote: »
    Why don't you try asking for a " Promise " voucher

This is something that they can give you to enable you to buy an offer when its back in stock at the offer price even if its then gone up

They do still use them but dont offer them freely

They won't do 'promise vouchers' at all in my local store, even for bogofs :mad:

Re mega-reductions:
    Hartley's sugar free raspberry jelly was 27p compared to 50ish for other flavours.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • dancingclean
    Options
    CG19a wrote: »
    Please don't take it out on the staff in the store. As a stock control manager I order in stock for every promotion but in the case of all the weekend alcohol offers that we have had lately they have been getting allocated by head office. We have no control over it in store and it is allocated out based on size of store. The company have never went with these types of offer before so they are having a hard time trying to forecast the sales at head office and in some cases they are missing them spectacularly. In any case, while Tesco should be better prepared, please understand the woman at the customer service desk and the duty manager had no way to control it in store.
    Perhaps you could suggest that for future offers like this (that are sure to be very popular) a voucher is sent to each Clubcard member entitling them to buy, say 6 bottles at £3, so that we all have a chance to get some? If the offer were advertised like this it might encourage existing customers without Clubcards to get them as well as bringing in new customers. I think Tesco have missed a trick as they've hacked off existing customers (me for one!). Plus anyone who doesn't usually shop there and went to look for the elusive cava will perhaps have decided that Tesco got them there under false pretences. Cava rant now over! :snow_grin
  • Jack's_Dad
    Options
    sarahg1969 wrote: »
    I got Tesco Cava in my delivery.More expensive, so sent it back.
    I wanted gruyere too, but couldn't even order any! I hope there's not a gruyere shortage. Nothing else will do on the croutons in our French onion soup!!
    Why not shop online at Asda where they will send you higher cost replacements for the same price as the original product
    This works time and again for us and I do not find their overall quality any worse than Tescos
    Only time will tell if I am right or they are wrong
  • bah_humbug_2
    Options
    Beware

Ordered x 8 online on wednesday as the Handorth store out of stock and due 10th Jan

Delivery arrived with this £3 cava substituted with £13 Tesco finest champage!

Not a happy bunny as they have charged me £104 just before Christmas which I will not get back for 3-5 days! Sent me overdrawn due to charge £75 higher than expected.

Watch this space :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • cotsvale
    cotsvale Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Tesco have not had any Frexienet Cava since 2nd December - so no chance of getting any at all.
  • Daisymac_2
    Options
    cotsvale wrote: »
    My Tesco have not had any Frexienet Cava since 2nd December - so no chance of getting any at all.

My local Tesco hasnt had any in stick for about 3 weeks now, absolutely no chance of it being in before christmas now.
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    asked about this in the huge tesco in newport and the wines and spirit lady who was filling up did not have a clue what I was on about ! Prapps I am being cynical but wondered if it was a sprat to catch a mackeral.
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • baccyman
    Options
    i had an email today saying that tesco direct are going to be having a 50% sale starting soon and to keep a eye out for when it starts,
    they did not say when just to keep an eye on the site.
  • jtz
    jtz Posts: 1,423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tesco direct stide to ride lion toy £13 ish and for £40 odd quid in mothercare
  • ruffwood
    Options
    The promise vouchers appear to be very much at the discretion of store management. I popped in for some washing liquid and thought I'd see if any Freixenet was in stock, wasn't of course but they did have some pricey wine in a trolley so thinking it might be reduced tried for a price check at customer services but it had been taken off the system and could not be sold, mentioned the Freixenet off and got given the price promise voucher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure