Tesco Mega Reductions Thread 2

Options

Comments

• Mrs_PI
    Mrs_PI Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Why don't you try asking for a " Promise " voucher

This is something that they can give you to enable you to buy an offer when its back in stock at the offer price even if its then gone up

They do still use them but dont offer them freely
    Sometimes I wake up grumpy, other times I let him sleep !:rotfl:
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Mrs PI, I tried doing that with the Baileys offer a few weeks ago but they said they only do it for bogof's, not for promotions like this. Porbably depends on the store though :rolleyes: :D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • dancingclean
    Options
    I asked for a 'promise voucher' but no luck.

I'm not mad that Tesco didn't have the cava but that they weren't managing the situation. if there had been a note on the shelf telling me the product was out of stock then I'd know where I was. Stopping numerous Tesco staff and asking where it was (and being directed all over the store) is what made me mad!
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, I've got some on my Tesco order that's being delivered tonight. And I've asked for no substitutions - which they always ignore, sending me much more expensive replacements - so goodness knows what they're going to send instead!!! A dozen bottles of Bolly perhaps??!!
  • dancingclean
    Options
    sarahg1969 wrote: »
    Well, I've got some on my Tesco order that's being delivered tonight. And I've asked for no substitutions - which they always ignore, sending me much more expensive replacements - so goodness knows what they're going to send instead!!! A dozen bottles of Bolly perhaps??!!
    Good luck! I read on another website forum that Tesco substitued their own brand of cava for the Frexienet.... If you're lucky can I come to the party? :D:beer:
  • drsue_2
    drsue_2 Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I've just had my tesco home delivery and the cava was down on the receipt as out of stock - no replacement sent.
    Also no gruyere cheese - been to waitrose just now and they don't have any either ?????????????
  • mncollyer
    Options
    In Burton some of the suncreams are on offer some for 75p or 82p factor 25 or 30 so we stocked up on some for our summer holiday.:j
  • superhoop
    Options
    Mrs PI, I tried doing that with the Baileys offer a few weeks ago but they said they only do it for bogof's, not for promotions like this. Porbably depends on the store though :rolleyes: :D

It does very much depend on the store. This is potentially libellous so I won't mention the particular store, but the managers in my local Tesco Extra are like a bunch of nazis - never give out anything like this and argue the toss about a few coppers.
    We are QPR, say we are QPR!
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got Tesco Cava in my delivery.More expensive, so sent it back.
    I wanted gruyere too, but couldn't even order any! I hope there's not a gruyere shortage. Nothing else will do on the croutons in our French onion soup!!
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Options
    boys jeans were £12 then reduced to £6 on lable... but when I went to pay they were £3.50!!! wot a bargain... ones with a belt!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure