🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tesco Mega Reductions Thread 2

Options

Comments

• Wee_Bargain_Hunter
    Options
    Finally found these tonight. thanks OP.
    Edit. Post was on 26th Nov, anyone know how long the offers generally last for?
    Box of Organic Choc Chip animal shaped biscuits (5 mini bags in a box) down to 26p each, great for packed lunches
  • CG19a
    CG19a Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    Just to let you know about the Tesco 1p thing. I work for Tesco as a stock control manager and to let you know that nothing should be sold for 1p. It is only put through on the system to allow stores to waste items without any real cost to the stores waste budget. It is generally only done to seasonal items, ie Xmas, Halloween, Easter, and usually happens a long time after the event. There are occasions where these items can get put on sale by accident.

The only time I know of Tesco going against this rule in the 5 years I've worked for them is in the last year when they had a promotion on energy saving lightbulbs for 1p.
  • Raven
    Raven Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally found these tonight. thanks OP.
    Edit. Post was on 26th Nov, anyone know how long the offers generally last for?

Strange coincidence but these appeared in my store today having been keeping an eye out for them over the last few weeks I was able to spot them and grab a few boxes - and very nice they are too. :T

Raven
    I'd like to teach the World to sing in perfect Harmony :grin: :j :D:)
  • mrsscrooge1
    Options
    Finally got a mixture of smoker bags and foil bags - about 50 bags. SEL 1p.
  • hflower74
    hflower74 Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    claire21 wrote: »
    From main board:

Have done a search and couldn't find anything about this, but sorry if I am duplicating anything. Was in my local Tesco last night to buy two of the 3ft pink Christmas trees (sel £3.97) When scanning through, the assistant pointed out that they had gone through at 1p - we both wishes Mr T a merry Christmas :j and the woman behind me abandoned her husband in the queue to go and buy some for her grandchildren :rotfl: - there are black trees too!
    Opened them this morning - really cute.
    HTH
    Tilly
    xx quote/]

Got a 3ft pink christmas tree today, Sel was 1p till deducted 1p non-food vat so it was free, still not sure i should of bought it though! Its hideous :rolleyes: Suppose dd will like it and its definately staying in her bedroom.
  • Edindevon
    Options
    oliveoyl wrote: »
    What do you guys do when the self scanners don't work... do you still go for it and buy the things anyway? I saw some of the cookaliners but didn't get any in case they scanned at full price.

I got some of these in Chard today and they went through at 1p. As posted by Bookworm63, the SEL was £2.49. I just asked the woman on the checkout to scan one first to double check the price.

Edindevon
  • Westywoodpecker
    Options
    In my local today, along with the frozen organic chips at 25p were frozen bags of kidney beans down from £1.99 to 25p too, great to bulk out soups & stews etc :D
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • nikinackyloo
    Options
    called in to Formby branch this morning to see if they had any of the 1p xmas trees left - none:o but got a beutiful black 6ft slim line tree reduced from £30 to £3.75 they also had them in gold and pewter and the 3ft one was also reduced from £4 to £1:D
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    1p Bacofoil bags back in stock in Sandhurst - on the shelf with foil etc and marked at 1.99! Loads in stock, I only picked up a dozen and plenty left!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got a 2 berth tent this morning, reduced from £18 to £4.50. They also had 4 berth for £7.50.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport