Tesco Mega Reductions Thread 2

Options

Comments

• claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not sue if this si a mega reduction - quote from HDUK;

Just been to Tesco's at North Harbour, Portsmouth and they have loads of Freixenet Cava at the front door for £3.00 per bottle!!

Found price online - save £4.33 a bottle
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    oliveoyl wrote: »
    I got a 2 berth tent this morning, reduced from £18 to £4.50. They also had 4 berth for £7.50.

reduced online but not as good as what you got;
    http://direct.tesco.com/search/default.aspx?search=dome+tent&confirm.x=23&confirm.y=4
  • biglugs
    biglugs Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just been to Tesco's at North Harbour, Portsmouth and they have loads of Freixenet Cava at the front door for £3.00 per bottle!!
    This was advertised on TV tonight at 10pm and is nationwide.
    I got to Tesco at 10:15 and got my 18 bottles for Christmas!! Yummy - and yes, this is a REAL bargain. Freixenet is a quality cava and in blind taste tests has done better than some champagnes. At £3 a bottle (less 5% discount) who could say no?

The offer runs from 17/12 to 21/12 so you need to be quick, and it will certainly sell out pretty fast too.
    :beer:
    EDIT - Put in the correct offer dates - thanks Kim_ley.
    You don't get medals for sitting in the trenches.
  • kim_ley
    kim_ley Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    Options
    I'm an MSE SLACKER!!!! Slap my bum.

Been a long time but i'm back.
    :o
  • kim_ley
    Options
    Bricout Prestige Champagne 75clHALF PRICE Was £28.00 Now £14.00

• Beki
    Beki Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    i also got the bacofoil bags today - 12 x packs of 2 for 1p each, SEL said £1.99! :) and cooked my dinner in one this evening. bloomin yummy it was too :D thanks!
  • kim_ley
    Options

• sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went this morning to Middlebrook and was told Freixenet is limited to one case of 6 per customer. Boo. Anyhow, I picked up the last one that was on a trolley. None on the shelves. And that was at 9.30-ish. I don't know if they've put out some more now.

And i've just been to Chorley, and the shelves are bare.
  • dancingclean
    Options
    Just been to my local Tesco Extra to buy some of the £3 Frexinet cava. After numerous enquiries and searches up and down aisles I eventually discovered that they had stock ONLY on Wednesday 17 Dec. I suggested they put an announcement out over the tannoy as there were so many of us searching the store hoping to find the cava. They refused saying that they never announce when they don't have a product. The lady on the customer services desk told me she had spent all day yesterday telling people that they didn't have any of the cava. I went to another Tesco store 6 miles away hoping to find it and no luck. I feell conned and think it's just a way of getting us in the store - I'm already a Tesco customer so feel let down by them. If they were prepared to give me a voucher to get it at £3 when it's back in stock I'd feel OK about it (they refused). I know that once a product is all sold that's it but at the very least a notice at the entrance telling customers that there isn't any would have helped manage my expectations. Shame on you Tesco for wasting my time and making me mad :mad:
  • CG19a
    CG19a Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    Please don't take it out on the staff in the store. As a stock control manager I order in stock for every promotion but in the case of all the weekend alcohol offers that we have had lately they have been getting allocated by head office. We have no control over it in store and it is allocated out based on size of store. The company have never went with these types of offer before so they are having a hard time trying to forecast the sales at head office and in some cases they are missing them spectacularly. In any case, while Tesco should be better prepared, please understand the woman at the customer service desk and the duty manager had no way to control it in store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure