Options
    Gorgeous monkeys as always Pennib :)
    Little Miss Chatterbox
    :p
    :smileyheaMum to Jake and Harri
    :smileyhea
  • SAVINGMUM_2
    Options
    Wow, you ladies are very talented. I would like to try and make one, can anyone recommend where i can buy the stuffing from, we dont have any craft shops near me, so it would have to be ebay or online - just so much choice - too confusing! Thanks in advance :)
  • LV_Sue
    LV_Sue Posts: 273 Forumite
    edited 17 August 2012 at 12:50PM
    Options
    Do you have a Wilknsons near you savingmum? I use their cheapest pillows, 2 for £3 I think. I find them better than Asda's cheap pillows because the filling seems to shred more easily and is less lumpy for stuffing the arms & legs.

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/duvets+pillows/wilko-everyday-value-pillows-2-pack/invt/0068312/?htxt=RWeBFVubAZcp%2FiQ%2B1KwAOz%2BiwAqzEC7%2BNG%2FwdgMhwJ%2Ff6S1jXQAEG4TwHOKIC6uuUOYu48i%2BFKSE%0A2I9XvZiWtA%3D%3D
  • SAVINGMUM_2
    Options
    Ah did not think of that. What a good idea. Many Thanks Sue saves me hacking at the kids old teddies! Will pop tomorrow. :T
  • pennib
    pennib Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Savingmum; Hope you are well on your way to making your first monkey. I use pillows from supermarkets as they have all passed the EU regs etc.

I am having a monkey giveaway on my b*og is anyone is interested.
  • pinktreefairy
    Options
    has anyone sorted anything out about the ce regulations? i didnt realise until i came on here. has anyone just carried on as normal? i really dont know what to do, i dont really make them for profit i make them because i enjoy doing it and it really helps with my depression. was wondering if i can put that i cant sell them but if anyone wants to give a donation for theres towards materials? :(
  • gemsmember
    Options
    I am pleased to say that I have now got my monkeys CE marked. It took a while to get sorted but a group of us have had socks tested, all use compliant stuffing, thread etc. It is something that can be achieved and isn't quite as expensive as we first thought, but it is much cheaper than the £5000 fine that could be imposed by trading standards. Unfortunately the monkeys can't be sold as not being suitable for under 14 yrs, or adult collectibles or not suitable for under 3 yrs etc. if they look like toys then Trading standards will treat them as toys and the regulations apply.
  • pinktreefairy
    pinktreefairy Posts: 39 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2012 at 5:05PM
    Options
    anyone have any idea how to do boobs? i, trying to make a sock pagan goddess but not sure how to do the boobs. :think:
  • gemsmember
    gemsmember Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    put a couple of bits of stuffing in the relevant area, then do a running stitch circle around them and pull in slightly, it should make them raise up. You can then stab stitch from side to side to keep them in shape
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure