Sock monkeys!

Options

Comments

• lesleyp1978
    Options
    This is my first sock monkey which I made a couple of weeks ago. He is called Mumble and he was hand stitched.

1bc3747c.jpg
  • lesleyp1978
    Options
    Ooops for the big picture!!

not sure how to get them smaller. Anyway, my daughter (6 years old) saw Mumble who I made for my 6 month old and decided she wanted one so I made 'Daisy' for her

72c3ae25.jpg
  • lesleyp1978
    Options
    This one is called 'Fiz' and she was my first on the machine. She is for my sister and I'm quite happy with the way she has turned out considering she is only my 3rd monkey!

Still not sure which way to go with the eyes though, I feel like my monkeys are missing something???

c9265261.jpg
  • spicyprawn
    spicyprawn Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think they're missing anything :) They are wonderful
  • Shelley3774
    Shelley3774 Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    They are fabulous Lesley - they are not missing anything they look great :)
    It is so addictive isn't it??
    Little Miss Chatterbox
    :p
    :smileyheaMum to Jake and Harri
    :smileyhea
  • lesleyp1978
    Options
    It is very addictive! I quite like the embroidered eyes but I am doing a cow sock at the minute and not sure what colour to use for the eyes!

I have a quick question. When making the monkeys out of baby socks do you do them by hand? I tried on my sewing machine but its very very fiddly!!
  • Shelley3774
    edited 23 March 2012 at 10:43PM
    Options
    It is very addictive! I quite like the embroidered eyes but I am doing a cow sock at the minute and not sure what colour to use for the eyes!

I have a quick question. When making the monkeys out of baby socks do you do them by hand? I tried on my sewing machine but its very very fiddly!!

I use the machine for the baby socks it is fiddly but a lot quicker. Here is a piccie of one of my mother and baby monkeys together:

th_SAM_1929.jpg
    and this is a cow i made:
    th_SAM_1922.jpg
    Little Miss Chatterbox
  • pennib
    pennib Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 March 2012 at 11:49AM
    Options

I made some small sockies from newborn baby socks on the sewing maching. You just have to go slow and careful!
    Here is a photo of them. Clicky thumbnail
    th_SAM_1748.jpg

and this is a really teeny tiny one made from the offcuts of a baby sock, but he was hand sewn.
    th_SAM_2153.jpg
  • lesleyp1978
    Options
    Its the curving that I find difficult on the sewing machine!!

The eyes always stand out on yours so well Shelly cause of the felt! Its a great idea and makes them so unique!

I wonder if I try to embroider a white bit first or a colour and then put the black bit in the middle??? I could do with practicine on some scrap sock :)
  • Shelley3774
    Options
    Thanks Lesley why don't you use felt - you could use two pieces in a "n" shape and stitch the eye on this or alternatively cut out a "m" shape. Or just use safety eyes without felt x
    Little Miss Chatterbox
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business