We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sock monkeys!

1…149150152154155…409

Comments

  • almond
    almond Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    angelkay wrote: »
    this says its sock monkey instructions but its not it looks more like the dog to me
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-a-Sock-Monkey/

    and me as well thanks was trying to figure out how to make a dog will post back and let you know if it works
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    :mad:Thanks a bunch you lot.

    After stumbling across this thread last night, I spent an hour or so perusing and am now sitting surrounded by legs, arms and cushion filling! Everyone wants to know what I'm up to but cant let on as I will be using this as Christmas gifts if it works.

    Problem is, only pair of socks I could find were some that my 18 month old has outgrown :eek: - slightly on the small side :rotfl:

    Wish me luck - I have no creative side at all!
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

    If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

    Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • kacy1988
    kacy1988 Posts: 217 Forumite
    :mad:Thanks a bunch you lot.

    After stumbling across this thread last night, I spent an hour or so perusing and am now sitting surrounded by legs, arms and cushion filling! Everyone wants to know what I'm up to but cant let on as I will be using this as Christmas gifts if it works.

    Problem is, only pair of socks I could find were some that my 18 month old has outgrown :eek: - slightly on the small side :rotfl:

    Wish me luck - I have no creative side at all!

    I used baby socks too, and whilst fiddly they do look soooooo cute when fiinished!!

    :rolleyes: I've started another one this afternoon. I want to get the hang of it so i can make my partner a ninja one for xmas!
  • irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    kacy1988 wrote: »
    I used baby socks too, and whilst fiddly they do look soooooo cute when fiinished!!

    :rolleyes: I've started another one this afternoon. I want to get the hang of it so i can make my partner a ninja one for xmas!

    I love using the baby socks! cos its quicker to stuff!:rotfl:
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
  • Oh this is hillarious! Wow, just gone midnight and I now have the urge to make sock monkeys. Luckily though, I have no sewing machine, else I'd probably end up going to sleep on it and sew my hands together or something stupid (although I'm sure that would wake me up!)
  • clarelou2
    clarelou2 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Here's a sock dog that I made a while ago using instructions similar to those above.
    th_mobile3102.jpg

    Not sure how to do direct link to the page so have put the address below - hope it works. The link for the instructions is just a little down the page where is says - PAGE 1 and PAGE 2.
    http://www.quietfish.com/notebook/?p=582
  • Ohhhhh wish me luck i am making my first sock monkey today!
    Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    £2 Savers club member no 40 ~ £54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ £10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ £24.07 / £20.00 Yippee over target :j
  • irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    clarelou that is gorgeous dog!

    good luck cheeky princess!
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
  • I posted a link to a glove dog a few pages back. Here's the link again incase anyone missed it:

    http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/web/pdfs/2008Q1/tvs_dogglove.pdf

    I'm in the process of making one at the moment, will post a pic when I finally get it finished.
  • Wow, I love this thread. I've made a practice one and I'm glad I did, it looks lovely....(I'll try and post a piccy) but......my 4 year old plays wth it and the seams keep splitting, I think it's because I sewed it too tight. the stitches were small and the stuffing quite full....has anyone else had this and do you know how to avoid it?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.