Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Options

Comments

• madbloke
    Options
    i have just recieved jean paul gaultier madame and fleur du male with letter thanking me for my interest in them. not bad for my first one.
  • cooldude255220
    cooldude255220 Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome to the forums madbloke.
    Congratulations on your first freebie.
  • kle87
    kle87 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Finally got a reply from tesco re my out of date crisps they sent a nice email and said they'd put a £10 gift card in the post!

My partner wrote to starbucks complimenting them and they said they would send him vouchers too!

Also emailed Boots regarding a complaint, I shall keep you posted!
    2010 Wins: Benecol Bag For Life, £150 FCUK Voucher, Rimmel Foundation, L'oreal Mascara, £60 worth of hair products, £100 :j
  • mcweasel05
    mcweasel05 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Saw this thread last week & thought I'd give it a go... Here's the results so far:

Nivea for me - asked about recommended products, received booklet highlighting what they recommend for me & 3 x £1 vouchers.
    L'Oreal Men Expert - given ref number & freephone number & spoke to delightful lady who asked about skin type, what I thought I needed & what she recommended. No samples though.
    Poppets - emailed saying how great it was that my son can have their mint flavour as he's milk intolerant. Found it hard to find them locally. They emailed back asking for my address and sent me 6 packets! Plus a list of stockists.

Had a few responses saying no, but not made anything up, generally asking for advice or singing their praise.
    Wins 2012: Nike 20XI Golf Balls & Cap, VIP Cinema Tickets, 4oD Film Rentalx2, Dalepak vouchers (1st twitter win :j) Cinema Tickets x4, T-Shirt, Gardening surprise

Thanks to all comp posters :beer:
  • thefourbennetts
    Options
    Tried a few but got £6 in vouchers from Kimberley Clarke for emailing re Andrex loo roll. Very useful as I bought nappies :-)
  • mummyone_2
    mummyone_2 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    kle87 wrote: »
    Finally got a reply from tesco re my out of date crisps they sent a nice email and said they'd put a £10 gift card in the post!

My partner wrote to starbucks complimenting them and they said they would send him vouchers too!

How many starbucks vouchers did your husband receive? They sending me vouchers aswell, wondering what other people have got. I love starbucks! :)
    ...trying to be more money savvy everyday. :T
  • Yummy_Mummy_9
    Options
    kle87 wrote: »

Hope you get a nice reply off Boots. I tried myself, over some of their own brand lipstick which I bought in a beige colour and it turned my lips bright pink! I found their customer service to be awfull.
  • boltonangel
    boltonangel Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    i got three vouchers from starbucks, any drink, any size.

my husband likes it there too and is getting some vochers sent aswell ;) !

£5 mcdonalds voucher for genuine complaint re waiting time
    £5 nivea voucher for asking about suncare
    pizza hut are sending me a voucher for a bad meal i had yesterday

£50 from matalan - but this was for getting wrongfully detained for shoplifting!!! :mad:

3 free bath bombs from Lush after the ones I got were broken in transit
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.

wins - peroni bottle opener, peroni bowl, peroni coastersx2 and a vodkat cocktail kit,
    would love to win something 'proper'!!
  • wiliam_the_first
    Options
    I today sent this, not really expecting anything back though...

To Whom It May Concern:

Price Enquiry – Mango (flavoured) Rubicon (330ml Can)

It was 7:30 in the evening, on Tuesday 16th June 2009.

I had just finished playing football, a competitive 7-a-side game which our team eventually won, despite finishing the game with a player less than our opposition.

My performance was good, considering my recent knee cartilage problems I have been suffering from of late.

The temperature in Wakefield was around about 13°C, with humidity at 77%. It was a pleasant day, barbeque weather I would say. Have you ever tried Asparagus wrapped in Palma Ham on the barbeque? It is nothing short of delightful. Anyway, it would appear that I am side-tracking.

So, where am I? Oh yes, I have just finished football, and I am literally gasping for a drink. Now, in desperate times, the brain can make rash decisions, which often make no sense. This was a desperate time; I can assure you of that. However, I managed to keep myself together, and think what would be the logical thing to do in order for me to solve my thirst problem. Now, I have 2 choices; either a) go to the ‘corner shop’ where stock is limited to say the least, or b) go to Tesco Express which is just around the corner. I decided to plummet with option b).

So in I venture to Tesco Express, 50 English pence in my hand (which is the only money I had on me at the time). Straight over for the Mango flavoured cans or Rubicon I head; after all, I purchased one only 2 days previous, and it was priced at 37 English Pence. I had more than enough money on me. Or so I thought……

I was flabbergasted when I witnessed what I thought was some kind of illusion, some kind of prank, some kind of sick joke. The Price had increased, not by 10%, not by 20%, not by 30%, not even by 40%... the price had increased by 48.65%. The Price had risen from 37 pence per can, to 55 pence per can, in a matter of hours. I rubbed the price tag on the shelf just to make sure that it was real, and sure as hell, it was.

I even checked with a member of your staff to make sure this was correct; he also seemed shocked, so much so, he dropped a Muller Rice on the floor.

I was saddened, shocked, and distraught. Why? Why? I kept asking myself on my journey home. Why had they done this to me and other Rubicon lovers? Had we done something to upset the hierarchy of Tesco? Is this God looking down? Does he know about me not telling the land-lady when she gave me too much change? Is this revenge?

A sleepless night followed. Reassurance from my girlfriend was not enough for me, despite her offering me financial aid during this recession. I didn’t want this matter to start affecting my family, like it had me.

I kept working things out in my head; it was terrible I tell you. I worked out that if the price of Rubicon increases every 6 months, by the same percentage, then in 12 months time, we would be paying £1.22 per 330ml can. In 36 months, we would be paying an astonishing £5.93 per can! Mad eh?

Anyway, please accept this as an official letter of complaint with regards to the aforementioned issue.

I look forward to receiving a written reply, detailing why such a significant increase was necessary, and what your intentions are for Rubicon in the near future. This will help me make my decision on whether or not to continue purchasing my Rubicon at Tesco. I may not be a massive customer, but please, bear in mind, ‘Every Little Helps’.

Yours faithfully

William
  • warlycarly
    warlycarly Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Today i received my Bic Soliel Himmer razor which I had forgotten about!! yay.
    :beer: I'm loving freebies!! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport