Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Options

Comments

• clareyPINKfairy
    Options
    also, a few weeks ago i wrote to cadbury trebor basset company, as i found a hair (ew) in my extra strong xxx mints. they send a voucher for £10, but the letter wasnt all that nice. it was as if they were accusing me of making up the fact that i found the hair in the pack of mints!! they said that all their workers took the neccesary food hygiene steps, and trying to make themselves look like they werent to blame. but they sent me £10 too, so made up for the not-so-nice toned letter!!
    :heartsmil Getting Married 11th June 2011 to the lovely Graham:heartsmil
    Wedding/honeymoon fund so far £6900
  • princess007
    princess007 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ive had loads of freebies!
    I wrote a nice letter to Starbucks complimenting them on their strawberries & cream drink and they sent me a gift card for £10!!

Complained to Huggies as the edges of the nappies were stuck down therefore leaked and they sent me £9 in vouchers.

Complimented Sacla on their yummy pesto and they sent me a free jar of their new chilli pesto! Its lush by the way!!

Emailed Jo Malone for free samples and got 4 gorgeously wrapped samples!

Complained to Loreal as a hairspray I bought wasnt spraying properly and just dribbled down the sides - got £6 in vouchers!

Asked Options for some samples and received 3 sachets.

Complimented Red Bull and got a reply saying "thank you..." so i was cheeky and asked for some vouchers but he said they dont do vouchers but he sent me 4 cans for free :)

A fly flew out of a sealed packet of grapes from Sainsburys so they gave me £10 worth of nectar points. Another time I also bought some soup that was only half full so they gave me £6 worth of nectar points.

Wrote to Dominos Pizza complimenting them on their fab service but havent received a reply :(

Cant think what else ive received now but ive done well...companies are so generous if you compliment them!
  • Summer-Caitlin
    Options
    I complained to Cadburys after not finding any raisins in 2 bars of Picnics. The letter did state that as I hadn't returned the product they couldn't tell. But had I returned the product, then I wouldn't know there was no raisins unless I ate the whole thing now would I? Anyway they sent me a £2.50 voucher, not much, but enough to get some Clusters which are packed with raisins:beer:
    Avon Rep

C8 - £417.09, C9 - £613.14:jC10 - £378.18
    C11 - £301.72, C12 - £284.92, C13 - £220.14,
    C14 - £194.36, C15 - £300.91
  • Divm666
    Divm666 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Have had more samples from Avery, different ones though

Paper samples from Xerox

Paper samples from Conquerer

Bottle of aftershave, beach towel and a scarf for attending a launch even, also got fed up on free champagne and food plus got travel expenses back which is all good!!!
  • evrardflat
    evrardflat Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    I complimented Olay and got a 15pounds voucher to use on Olay products or Max Factor!
    Modern languages degree with the OU finished in 2012!
    Finally proud home owner at 24 years old!
    Happily married to my other half for 4 years, after 3 years of separation! (I hate the consular visa section of French embassies!!!)
  • KittyPryde
    KittyPryde Posts: 2,623 Forumite
    Options
    Complimented Soap&Glory.

Said they don't do samples but they sent a very nice email.
  • Yummy_Mummy_9
    Options
    I complained to Clinique after I changed the eye cream I usually use and found the results were not very good at all. They sent me a full size pot of the normal one I use, which retails at £ 19.57 :)

Emailed Elemis asking about their skincare range and got sent about 5 lovely little samples.

Jean Paul Gaultier sent me some nice perfume samples, after I sent them an email.

Ive had other stuff aswell, just can't think right now.
  • cooldude255220
    cooldude255220 Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I emailed avaery but they said the do not send samples of individuale sheets.
  • suraj_potato
    suraj_potato Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    I emailed avaery but they said the do not send samples of individuale sheets.
    Instead of asking them in an email, you should sign up for the free sample :)
  • cooldude255220
    cooldude255220 Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have before, but I got an email today about a new product.
    Thanks anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport