Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Options

Comments

• _Roxy_
    _Roxy_ Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    This is a great thread!

What I've received:
    No 7 palette for genuine compliment
    £8 Veet vouchers for genuine complaint ('cold' wax that wouldn't work until heated!!)

Wrote to MAC and Tigi asking for samples but no luck there.

Have complained to Burger King about the disgusting state of one of their stores, no reply yet. I wouldn't even want coupons from them because it was so grimy that I won't be going back.
  • chelbo1239
    Options
    Just emiled Morrisons. My 2 year old daughter was eating ice cream and while she went out the room I sampled it [As you do :D] and it had a piece of plastic set in it!! Checked all the packaging and it wasn't broke off anything.

I'll let you know what happens!
  • Chocmonster7
    Options
    I emailed a few companies about hair styling products as I've just gone from having long hair to short. Most of the big ones just told me to buy some and try it or go to a salon. The only one which promised me anything was MUK (mukme.com) who sent me a full size tin of their Hard Muk Styling Mud. A big round of applause for them! :)
  • Little_Otter
    Options
    OOOh I LOVE Malteasers - please share the recipe x
    Trainee Wakeboarder, Fashion and celebrity devotee!
  • kerleytops
    Options
    Re. Oreal, I complained by e mail about 2 of their rollon deodorants not functioning properly and they never replied, so guess who won't be buying their products in future.
  • xjennax
    xjennax Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    xjennax wrote: »
    Hi everyone, complimented my local Boots on them now stocking Barry M (had to go to superdrug in the past :(... but for everything else I'd go to boots so genuinely happy about this) - and got the smokey no.7 set same as previous posters.

Complained to TKMaxx about terrible service in my local store after being asked for ID for plastic children's cookie cutters and they asked for my address to send me a good will gesture .....

Complained to Damon's restaurant as they gave us the wrong flavour ribs and when we asked for the flavour we had ordered they just took them back into the kitchen and layered the other flavour sauce on top- mixing the two flavours and ruining our ribs :( - haven't heard from them yet.....

All genuine compliments and complaints - don't send them often but when required.

Really disagree with the posters who make up complaints/compliments when they don't even use the products - I think my mum is proud that she has brought me up with morals :)

Got a £5 voucher from TK Maxx to "mend our relationship" it seems like a personal letter too not a stockpiled reply so I'm happy with that.

Haven't heard back from Damons yet
    Wins so far - Numerous Glamour and Rimmel Goodies, 4 tickets to T4OTB, Tiling Tools and Paintbrush, Dova Spa Facial, 5 Tickets to Lynx Allnighter (Halloween party)

Thanks to all posters on MSE :T
  • l33na
    l33na Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    misskaty wrote: »
    How did you get the lush samples. The man i asked said he had asked his manager and he said no? Have recieved a shipping order for my especilly creams creams

Just a simple email stating that wanted to see which one would suit my sons skin before I buy. 1st email was a automated reply and second told me samples were coming...
    They are cut offs' of the soaps wrapped up.

Also this morn got £1 coupon from tetley and the No7 essentials from boots>> they love to be complimented;)
    sealed pot chellenger no992Total for 2011= £198
    mfw= 2011 overpayment =
    Mfw 2012 no#25=OP target £2000
    The road to success is always under construction.
  • _Roxy_
    _Roxy_ Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I asked Smirnoff if they had any promotional material for a 40th birthday party to promote their brand and got a scary email back about how irresponsible giving away free alcohol would be, sounded like a right telling off even though I didn't ask them for free drink! Also, half way through the email they changed from saying Smirnoff to Guiness...!

On a better note Herbal Essences are going to send me some vouchers after I complained that every single one of their shampoos leaves my hair greasy, did say they all smelled lovely though!
  • forever.insane
    Options
    _Roxy_ wrote: »
    I asked Smirnoff if they had any promotional material for a 40th birthday party to promote their brand and got a scary email back about how irresponsible giving away free alcohol would be, sounded like a right telling off even though I didn't ask them for free drink! Also, half way through the email they changed from saying Smirnoff to Guiness...!

On a better note Herbal Essences are going to send me some vouchers after I complained that every single one of their shampoos leaves my hair greasy, did say they all smelled lovely though!

Smirnoff and Guinness are owned by the same company, although that is still pretty bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diageo
    Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

-C.F Harriss - Worthing at War - August 17 1941
  • Bedtimebear
    Options
    Complement/ complaint sent this Year and what I got back from co (all complement & complaints where Genuin)

Tesco - Complaint - £** gift card
    Nestle - Complaint - £2.00 Cheque
    DP - Complaint - £** gift card
    Go Ahead - Complaint - £3 voucher
    Monster Munch - Complaint -£3.50

Bisto (premier food) - Complement -Nothing just a letter
    Innocents - Complement - A lovely hand written card
    M&S -Complement - Nothing not even a letter
    Hovis - Complement - Nothing just a letter
    Aussie Licorice - Complement - Nothing not even a letter
    Old Le Pasco Food - Complement - Nothing just a letter
    Witch Stick - Complement - Nothing not even a letter
    Caburys - Complement - Nothing not even a letter
    Lush - query/ samples requested - They said visist a store for samples
    Cushelle -Complement- Just nice email back

Dove - Complement - £1.00 voucher
    Gillet - Complement - £2.00 voucher
    Nivea - Complement - 3 x £1 = £3.00 vouchers
    Colgate - Complement -2 x £1 = £2.00 vouchers
    Kwiw Fresh In - Complement - £2.00 voucher
    Mcleans Tooth Paste - Complement - 3 x£1 = £3.00 vouhers
    Alberto Balsm - Complemet - £2.00
    Alpen (weetbix) - complement - 2 x £1.00 = £2.00 voucher
    Andrex - Complement - Voucher in the post
    Yorkshire Tea - Complement/story- asked for a photo
    Boots - query/complement - very nice email/ will send a gift

Hope this helps. Naomi
    **Thank to all MSE who save me money with vouchers/ freebies & competitions ***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure