Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Options

Comments

• cpoir
    cpoir Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SoapyDish wrote: »
    Hi guys, I registered with the forum just to post in here!
    After reading loads of success stories, I emailed a few companies myself.

Red Bull
    Starbucks
    Andrex
    Quorn
    Wetherspoons
    Ben & Jerry's
    Durex

I have yet to hear back but I'll post up whether they're successful or now.

Just noticed that Ben & Jerry's have the following comment on their website: "Lately we’ve been inundated with requests for sponsorship, ice cream donations and raffle prizes. Whilst we hope your event goes swimmingly, we can’t give you any gifts." :(
    Addicted to MSE ;)
  • misskaty
    Options
    How do you get the love 2 shop vocuhers ?
  • cpoir
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    misskaty wrote: »

Yeah good question - I would be interested to know this too.

Also, just out of interest, how do people get on requesting samples from the same company for different brands?? For example - Proctor and Gamble are responsible for Pampers as well as Fairy and Lenor etc... I don't want to end up contacting the same company too many times... :o
    Addicted to MSE ;)
  • SherlockFan85
    Options
    Hello,

After finally deciding to actually complain when things are of genuine poor quality/service, I have been shocked to realise 1. how much i have put up with in the past and 2. the quick responses I have received from these companies:

As well as the £15 Starbucks giftcard (see previous mail of mine), I have also recently enjoyed a £30 voucher from CG Restaurants, as I went to one of their chain in Bluewater and found that despite paying around £22 for two meals, they were both very tiny portions and very bland in taste. Suffice it to say that the freebie meals we had (plus extra for a sharing starter!) tasted a whole lot more flavoursome! :beer: That combined with a free Origins facial courtsey of Zest magazine, I had a lovely freebie evening! :T

I've written a letter to Head Office of Cineworld after a bad experience at a screening, where someone was literally arrested half-way through the film, with constant interuptions and shouting :mad: No one thought to either apologise for the issues nor even pause the film! Hoping maybe for some food vouchers, as we all have unlimited cards already.
    Also, emailed very stern complaint to Interflora after them sending (albeit on time) an absolutely pathetic bunch of flowers and chocs which my mum said were horrible (although she still adored the sentiment of the sending! :)) I paid over £30 all in for what honestly looked worse than a garage bunch!! You should have seen the picture on the website compared to the real deal! :mad: I know that "it never looks the same as it does in the picture", but my goodness for £30 i would expect something a little more healthy looking and bloomful!

I'll let you know if I get anywhere with these.

All the best for those with bugbears for certain companies, it's always worth a few words if the quality really is poor!
    Make £2019 in 2019 No 153 - £4517.17/£2019
  • victoriajayne1987
    Options
    misskaty wrote: »

I cant be certain as im not the OP, but its likely it was maybe Ginsters?! They tend to send love to shop vouchers for their complaints.
    A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute ...:A
  • forever.insane
    Options
    I cant be certain as im not the OP, but its likely it was maybe Ginsters?! They tend to send love to shop vouchers for their complaints.

I assumed it was from surveys.
    Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

-C.F Harriss - Worthing at War - August 17 1941
  • *me*_2
    Options
    Congrats 'cpoir'
    I have joined most baby clubs I never thought of emailing the companys too.

Well I recieved my first freebie from a result of a email asking for a sample.

I emailed Scholl asking for some help with my partners foot odor problem and I had a nice email back saying they would send out some samples, I recieved a 100ml tube of 'foot gel' and a 50ml 'Foot spray' :T
    Loves working for myself :D
  • misskaty
    Options
    Some Elemis tubes :)
  • cpoir
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Came home to a nice Wilkinsons money voucher today for a genuine product complaint.
    Being sent some spa sanctuary facial oil & £5 off voucher, bio oil sachets, palmers coco sachets and a tummy cream (all from email requests) :j
    Addicted to MSE ;)
  • _Roxy_
    _Roxy_ Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    cpoir wrote: »
    Came home to a nice Wilkinsons money voucher today for a genuine product complaint.
    Being sent some spa sanctuary facial oil & £5 off voucher, bio oil sachets, palmers coco sachets and a tummy cream (all from email requests) :j

I emailed Palmers with a genuine complaint but got no response at all :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport