We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap Airport Parking: Luton Airport hints, tips and local parking

Options

Comments

• buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 March 2012 at 9:10AM
    Options
    I'm seeing different info in the details tab. For example, 815 spaces, no max time. This is the NCP at Luton Parkway.

Edit:
    Here's why - if you Google Luton Parkway and use the top result, you get a car park that is inside the airport, I suspect it is a short stay one.

Instead, if you use the search box inside Parkopedia, you get the real one next to the station.

Meanwhile, Parkopedia is a bit of a mess IMO
  • rfvujm
    Options
    Hi All,

It's my first time here, so please be forgiving. :)

Flying from Luton for 16 days and reading both this thread and NCP website on Luton Airport Parkway Station I coud not find the tarrif information for such a long period. Most of you were going for a long weekend, this is just over 2 weeks. Could you advise me on what the tarrif is or where I can find it out please?

The best deal I've found is £4pd (£64 in total), on a private driveway. Apart from great transfer, would LAPS be any cheaper/better?

Thanks in advance.
  • Goodadvice75
    Options
    Hi,

So glad I came across this thread as just checked and the "main" car parks at Luton are charging around £90 for the stay we need!!

Pls can anyone help with up to date/reliable info re Luton Airport Parkway?

We need 11 nights' parking this month, going on a Wednesday, returning Sunday.

On Parkopedia it says the postcode is: LU1 3JW - is this correct as intend to use this for SatNav. (Googling doesn't easily find any info).

Is it possible/advisable to book in advance?

Flight on Wednesday morning is around 6.30am - so 2 hours before means we'd need to be there 04.30am. I think the shuttle buses only run until midnight and then start again at 5am? Is this correct pls? That means we would probably have to arrive the night before and sit it out in the airport or risk everything running on time in the morning.

If advice is to prebook pls can anyone provide the contact number or website to do this? If not necessary to book do you just pay in advance on arrival (credit card or debit card?) or when you are actually leaving?

Do you just buy the ticket for the shuttle bus on board? And can you buy a return even though you won't be using the return portion until 11 days later?

Sorry for so many questions, thanks in advance for any advice.
  • sterion75
    Options
    I just rang luton parkway they have told me the cost is £31 for week 1 then any longer is charged at the daily rate of £7 per week day and £2 per weekend day

The procedure is to take the ticket and wait 10 mins. Then put in the ticket into the machine and it will allow you to purchase 1 weeks parking
  • soosiemm
    soosiemm Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    sterion - That's very useful, thanks for the info.

To goodadvice 75 - About the bus - yes just buy a return ticket when you board. If you buy two singles it's a bit more expensive.
  • Heidspide
    Heidspide Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I would post that I have managed to book a week's parking via the Holiday Extras site in Luton Long Stay car park for £25.49. I kept double checking to see if was correct - it is for a week in August as well.

Cheapest airport parking I think I have ever booked!
  • Andr
    Andr Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Just to give you all an update that I used the Luton airport Parkway car park as suggested in the above thread and it was great. Parked on Saturday, returned on Tuesday and it only cost £9, compared to over thirty with the other options. The bus only takes 5 minutes and costs £1.50 or £3 with an open return and I didnt have to do the 10 minute wait with the ticket at the machine when we returned, just put in the ticket as in other normal carparks and it worked fine.

This was over a bank holiday and there were still loads of spaces available.

Thank you everyone for the information above as it made me smile after getting back from holiday!
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    We are flying from Luton in September, anyone recommend a hotel that offers 15 days parking, we are on an early flight, 05.50am, so could do with an overnight, also we would need transfers to airport, I know many don't operate at the time we would need to leave. I have tried some websites but the hotels seem to be quite expensive compared to Gatwick, anyways help would be appreciated.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • Hoseman
    Hoseman Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 August 2012 at 6:52PM
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice here. Just back from a short break and used Luton Parkway. It's a breeze to get to the airport from the car park. I booked over the phone and then had to text my car reg. Paid £31. The only thing I wasn't sure of was how to exit. I picked up a ticket to gain entry to the car park and want sure if this would enable me to get out. When I got back from my break I went to their office in the car park and they asked for a confirmation print out but I didn't have it but they traced me via my mobile number. Once confirmed they gave me a ticket so I could exit the car park. If the office is not manned at all times (?) there might be another system to get out and I would suggest checking if you book this car park.

I got a taxi from the station to the airport as there were four of us so it was the same price (£6) as getting the bus. Coming back we were only 2 so we got the bus back. I will definitely use the car park here again if I decide to drive to the airport. Its nearer than the long term car park if my memory serves me right and much cheaper!

I considered the airport's long term car park but it came out around £77 for the same period (6 days). This price was obtained a day or 2 prior to going away so the prices will be cheaper if you book in advance from what I've heard (probably here! :)). I thought about meet and greet but decided against it after reading some horror stories.
  • Ethan1401
    Options
    I was wondering how did you book via the phone?
    Hoseman wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice here. Just back from a short break and used Luton Parkway. It's a breeze to get to the airport from the car park. I booked over the phone and then had to text my car reg. Paid £31. The only thing I wasn't sure of was how to exit. I picked up a ticket to gain entry to the car park and want sure if this would enable me to get out. When I got back from my break I went to their office in the car park and they asked for a confirmation print out but I didn't have it but they traced me via my mobile number. Once confirmed they gave me a ticket so I could exit the car park. If the office is not manned at all times (?) there might be another system to get out and I would suggest checking if you book this car park.

I got a taxi from the station to the airport as there were four of us so it was the same price (£6) as getting the bus. Coming back we were only 2 so we got the bus back. I will definitely use the car park here again if I decide to drive to the airport. Its nearer than the long term car park if my memory serves me right and much cheaper!

I considered the airport's long term car park but it came out around £77 for the same period (6 days). This price was obtained a day or 2 prior to going away so the prices will be cheaper if you book in advance from what I've heard (probably here! :)). I thought about meet and greet but decided against it after reading some horror stories.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback