Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Options

Comments

• opalspark
    Options
    Hi,

We tried ACE meet and greet at Gatwick, having found them on this website.

On departure, we discovered 'our greeter' negotiating himself a backhander, with someone who had not arranged parking. He was rude and refused to arrange us another greeter.

Greeters from other companies laughed and made comments like 'You get what you pay for'

On the return trip we had to wait 3o minutes from our telephone call.

We won't be using them again, at any price.
  • broughfield
    Options
    Just booked a Airport Parking at Luton courtesy of Direct Line Car Insurance for a long weekend trip to bordeaux.

Using APH’s Car Parks at the majority of UK Airports simply get a quote from the following URL and continue through to booking if you’re happy with it @ aph.com/partners/directline/index

Good luck.
  • mvine01
    Options
    It has been interesting to read all the positive and negative feeds about Airport Parking.

I have used many Airport Parking companies in the past but i recently found a company called "Go Park 'n' Fly" with whom i booked Orange Meet & Greet Airport Parking at Stansted Airport. I could not fault the website information or the parking.

I have never used a Meet and Greet service in the past, but definately will again as i can highly recommend it; just simply for the convenience of a speedy get-away!
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 May 2012 at 9:31AM
    Options
    Essential travel have a price guarantee which seems to be fallible- i.e you can find prices to beat them and hence get free parking.

The credit goes to hotUKdeals

I’m just mentioning it here as I’ve not seen it on MSE and it still seems to be valid

I got a 21 day parking stint at LHR for free (Purple Parking with ITT code was £70) by getting their quote(for another car park provider) and then finding a cheaper one with the same provider.

I paid for their quote (and just to be safe added the 50p claim waiver fee) and then emailed CS.
    I was contacted by their CS within 24 hours who told me my claim was valid and my CC was refunded the original cost 3 working days later.

I used Airport-parking- Shop to find cheaper comparisons. There are other such as
    Parking4less.

Oh and don't forget to go Through Quidco or TCB-Quidco tracked for me-and I got paid £7.00 to park.:D

Good luck!
  • Vikki_74
    Vikki_74 Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    blindman thanks for this, could be really good. Essential Travel have meet & greet parking at Liverpool for £49.99, found elsewhere for £46.00 so booked (with the 50p cancellation waiver just in case) and emailed them to see what they say.

I've been meaning to sort our airport parking for ages so this came along just at the right time...just have to keep my fingers crossed now and see what they come back with.
  • blindman
    Options
    Vikki_74 wrote: »
    blindman thanks for this, could be really good. Essential Travel have meet & greet parking at Liverpool for £49.99, found elsewhere for £46.00 so booked (with the 50p cancellation waiver just in case) and emailed them to see what they say.

I've been meaning to sort our airport parking for ages so this came along just at the right time...just have to keep my fingers crossed now and see what they come back with.

Did you get a positive answer?

I've just claimed again for LHR-waiting for the response. :cool:
  • Vikki_74
    edited 13 February 2012 at 11:43PM
    Options
    I got a no but it was my own fault to be honest - think I got too excited at the thought of a freebie and somehow didn't notice that the cheaper price was with a different meet and greet company so they turned it down, fair enough.

I'm currently in the process of trying again though - booked for £27.99 with Essential Travel and a couple of other sites including Purple Parking have exactly the same car park (being overly cautious this time so have checked the addresses and everything!!) for £22.99 so will be sending them an email shortly....I'll let you know how I get on.

Oh and cash back from TCB has tracked on the original booking - do not expect in the slightest to get anything from that if & when they do validate a price guarantee claim, but worth a shot...would be doubly nice to get paid for parking!!
  • blindman
    Options
    Vikki_74 wrote: »
    for £22.99 so will be sending them an email shortly....I'll let you know how I get on.

Oh and cash back from TCB has tracked on the original booking - do not expect in the slightest to get anything from that if & when they do validate a price guarantee claim, but worth a shot...would be doubly nice to get paid for parking!!

I got another freebie :D

CS replied within 24 hrs.
    Your price match has been successful and the booking price has now been refunded back to your account this will show in 2-3 days

Forgot to go through Quidco :o but if it had tracked would only have been £1.50 ;)
  • Vikki_74
    Options
    Woo hoo...claim number two was a success, just had email back to confirm!! So total outlay for 5 nights parking = 50p, not bad going :) £3.36 & £1.88 have tracked through on my TCB account so far - expect they'll change to £0 at some point but you never know.

Thanks so much for posting this, you've saved us at least £20 - off to Paris so that's an overpriced trip up the Eiffel Tower paid for :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback