Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Replies

• pixie76pixie76 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    I need a cheap parking deal for London Luton. Arrive Monday morning(the 9th) & collect car Saturday 14th evening. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. thanks.
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ :EasterBun
  • I just had an email to say they were accepting my claim, from essential travel: all credit to them for playing fair on this.

To get this, I just followed the instructions in the thread so won't repeat them here.

Thanks everyone and thanks MSE.com!
  • edited 16 April 2012 at 9:19AM
    blindmanblindman Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 April 2012 at 9:19AM
    blindman wrote: »
    Essential travel have a price guarantee which seems to be fallible- i.e you can find prices to beat them and hence get free parking.

Oh and don't forget to go Through Quidco or TCB-The amount tracks-not sure if it gets paid yet though!

Good luck!

Update
    Quidco have paid me £7.00 for this claim-so 21 days parking at LHR gave me £6.50 profit ! :D
  • gingernmgingernm Forumite
    31 Posts
    Big thankyou for the essentialtravel advice. Just had confirmation mail that my heathrow parking is now free!!! BIG saving of £53.95!!

THANKS to everyone!
  • http://www.chfparking.co.uk/

We parked at this place last year for 3 weeks when we flew from Manchester airport - 5 minutes away. It was the cheapest I could find and they provided an excellent service.

SG
    x
  • chillermanchillerman Forumite
    170 Posts
    Just a quick one if I may.
    When people are putting in times for the carparks, how are they doing it?
    ie. 3 or 4 hrs before dept and then the time they land or what?
    Thanks for any help
    Nice to save.
  • hollowheadhollowhead Forumite
    464 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Been looking and looking and can't find a cheaper deal for Bristol aiport for May 2nd for 7 nights, anyone any ideas where I can get cheaper? Thanks:beer:
  • WammerWammer Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    chillerman wrote: »
    Just a quick one if I may.
    When people are putting in times for the carparks, how are they doing it?
    ie. 3 or 4 hrs before dept and then the time they land or what?
    Thanks for any help

We like to get to the airport 2-2.5 hours before departure so put that for the outbound. For the inbound about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the transfer time back to the car park.

HTH
  • wealdroamwealdroam Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hollowhead wrote: »
    Been looking and looking and can't find a cheaper deal for Bristol aiport for May 2nd for 7 nights, anyone any ideas where I can get cheaper? Thanks:beer:
    Cheaper than what?

Why not post on the Cheap Airport Parking: West/SW England Airports Airport hints, tips and local parking thread?
    Might get a better response there.
  • any ideas to reduce parking costs at Bournemouth? They aren't included on any of the comparison sites Martin lists, there is 1 bus from Bournemouth (I live in Poole so useless), no train station for miles and it's £40 return for a taxi to Poole.

It's such a pain, the airport is so close, yet it's cheaper to get the train 30 miles to Southampton! Only problem is then getting flights which are anywhere near the Ryanair/Thomsonfly prices at Bournemouth.

It's something like £8.50 a day to park at Bournemouth and we are going for 6 nights in October. It comes out at £37.50 parking with a discount booking directly with the airport website.

Have you tried parkinmydrive.com? Cheap parking through local residents.