PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Options

Comments

• Daisydoll
    Daisydoll Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a full time mum to two Daughter's who are 4 and 3, I work part time in a family centre and also work part time as a childminder along with looking after the house and my kiddies. My hubby is in the forces so is away for months at a time but we manage! I've been on this site a while but thought I'd come and introduce myself properly!:D
    DFW no.630!
  • Boudica
    Boudica Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone....i've posted on the boards before but haven't really introduced myself.

I'm 39 and live in Liverpool. I have 2 kids aged 18 and 12, have been with my partner Andrew for 17 years and I also have a dog and a cat.

I don't work due to ill health but am lucky enought to have Incap and DLA although it is such a struggle/

I've been moneysaving for a while but am not very good at it. I have decided to have a good go again and intend to join up with the grocery challenge.

I have some stuff that needs to be paid off but I also want to save up as my favourite band will be touring again soon and I would like to be able to go abroad to see them and to meet up with other fans around the world. I also want to go to Italy so I need to save up really hard for this.

I cook all my meals from scratch and have a lot of receipes that i am looking forward to posting up. Unfortunately, my computer broke down and all my receipes on the computer got wiped, so i'm in the process of writing them up again.

I grow a lot of fruit and veg and make jams and pickles. My Sticky Toffee Pudding is legendary among my family and friends and will post it up soon.

Other than that, not a lot....look forward to getting to know you all a little more over the coming months
    Lightbulb moment 2/1/07
    First Direct £2500 loan
    John Lewis £200 (card not used since July 2005)
    HFC £350
    Co-Op £5000 (car loan - disabled so needed new wheels as previous car is now scrapped)
    Total debt £8050

DFW by 2010
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Im Sarah,19. im a self employed dog walker but have alot of time on my hands to come on MSE! just joined and find it great - non of my friends save for anything (all live at home with parents and no outgoings) so its nice to find people in the same boat.

Me and my OH own 4 dogs - 2 German Shepherds, 1 Dobermann X Weimaraner and a Utonagan (who we are actually fostering at the moment). We are also planning kids when we finally get a house of our own. We are currently renting and struggle to save for anything.

This month we will be doing the Grocery Challenge and we have a £2 savers and a 50p savers. I have noted down many money saving tips to try this month and we have a grand plan to save 15k within 2 years on a joint salary of 21K

Sarah
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Squirmy
    Squirmy Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :hello:

Ive been lurking on here for a while now and have decided to start posting so thought I would introduce myself properly.

So...Im 20 at uni but live at home due to accomodation mess ups, luckily its only a 30 minute commute! And I work 2 days a week in customer services at a department store.

Live with my boyfriend (25) at his dad's. It was my bf that introduced me to MSE a while back and now im on it more than he is! We're planning on moving into my bf's flat in September at the moment its being let out but we need our own place we've decided. So were trying now to save up for bits and pieces that we dont have.

We both like the OS way of living even though we're both young so I loved it when I found this forum! :D

Am looking forward to getting to know you all frm what I've seen everyone seems lovely!

Squirmy x
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ***wavess at squirmy***

My bf introduced me to MSE and i go on it waaay more than he does. I go on about all the money saving tips/challenges and recipes etc drives him nuts lol

We are taking part in the June Grocery Challenge and so far spent £50.09/£150 :T We are both 19 so similar ages, we are renting at the mo and trying to clear our overdraft and save for a deposit for a house :p just got a p/t job at weekend to earn a wee bit of extra cash.

Enjoy the forums!
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • keep_trying_3
    Options
    Hi all, I am a mum of three girls and work part time. In my spare time I like to spend time outdoors just enjoying nature and riding my bike,(just learned how at the age of 41!) Anyway, this site is so addictive, I can spend hours on here, and I do!
    :j
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to the OldStyle board, keep trying!

Learning to ride a bike is very liberating, isn't it! I was 40 and had just left my ex-OH when my kids taught me to ride a bike for the very first time. I don't think I've ever riden once since, but it was my very first achievement after leaving him - and it felt so damn good :D.
  • Sarahlou_2
    Sarahlou_2 Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Well I'm new here...

I am 27, married and live in Manchester with my husband. We have a son who is 3 and a half.

I work full time as a compliance team leader for a well known recruitment company, I basically deal with the legality of workers...

My husband is a decorator working nights!
    Avon Representative October 2010: C16: £276 :T C17: £297 :j
  • pvcqueen
    pvcqueen Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    hi i work seven till four in the day :j then five till eaigt at night:eek: i have two boys at home :p day off today as i need to chach up on jobs at home :rotfl:
  • Hawthorn
    Hawthorn Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Divorced, then seperated, now remarried, mum to four, currently planning on number five.
    I'm a police officers wife, and a stay at home mum. My kids are 13, 11, 8 and 4.
    We just got an allotment, and started recycling and reusing. I'm a member of freecycle, and I adore charity shops.
    I love sewing and cardmaking. Not particularly good at either, but I can sew a straight seam, and I am learning.
    My weaknesses.....Ah, tobacco. definately. Costs a fortune. Gotta go. I also love good food, but sometimes can't be bothered to prepare it. That's got to change also.
    I used to be so good too, but things have spiralled and I got lazy.
    I used to make my own cleaners, cloth nappy, breastfeed, home cooking, gardening etc etc.
    Not sure what happened......maybe the floods? LOL. Anyways, we managed to run up some debt. Not a huge amount and certainly dealable with, but it does require a fair bit of strong will on my part to learn to stick to a budget again. I got out of the habit.
    So, that's me. Weak, and hoping to become strong again!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts :T

Don't throw away food challenge started 30/10/11 £4.45 wasted.

Storecard balance -[STRIKE] £786.60[/STRIKE] £708
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport