PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Options

Comments

• mazhysteria
    Options
    Edited 27/10/08
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am a full time (treble time is more like it!) market researcher and I am on the go from morning till evening, all around London and suburbs. I get all my travel paid, which helps as I can go shopping in between assignments. It's hard work, and when I come home I have faxes to send, emails to check and send, analyses to complete and post to look at.

I live alone, so my time is my own and can work as much as I like. Housework gets done when I feel like it which is not as often as one might wish.

I paint and have had exhibitions. Once I won a first prize in Nottingham, but I don't get much done these days.

I am very good with money. The only time I was in debt it was a carefully planned debt, when I decided to have extensive dental work involving two bone grafts and dental implants (privately, as NHS don't pay for this). I was a legal clerk at the time and started in market research to earn extra money. This was eight years ago. I paid the debt quickly and now I have healthy savings, plus in that time I bought two top of the range laptops, a flat screen Sony TV, a nice sofa, and a mountain bike, to name a few.

I am not stingy but I make my money work for me and this site helps me be even more efficient.

At present I am on page 103 of Martin's Money Diet. Many of his suggestions I find I am already practising. Others I am learning. Thanks Martin and thanks to all of you, too many to mention individually, but all invaluable, humorous and wise.

:beer:
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mum with 2 daughters aged 11 and 8. I sell part-time on ebay so I'm on the net a lot. I'm a lone parent but I have a boyfriend who lives 120 miles away so we only get together at the weekends.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • brummiebabe
    Options
    Am 32, live in Birmingham with my DH and 2 sons (5 & 2.) Work part-time (22 1/2 hours per week) as a CPN (Community Psychiatric Nurse.)
    Have been on this site for a while, but became even more of an addict since getting PC at home!!! Love reading the forums, looking for any helpful advice!! Have already cut shopping bill dramatically!:j
    20p Saver Club #33 60p/£100
    Christmas Saving £0/£1300

Saving Target 2014 £25/£1000
  • MissSunshine
    Options
    I'm 29, 30 in December, originally from Shropshire, but have lived in Bahrain, Middle East since May 2001. Live with dh and 2 boys (nearly 4 and 2.5) who were both born here.

I'm sahm cos i'm officially 'not allowed' to work, though unofficially it depends upon your nationality :rolleyes:
    Am currently looking for something p/t to slowly get brain back into gear after having boys 16 months apart :eek:
  • Str4berr3
    Options
    WOW!

I have been logged on to MSE every morning til night every day and I have only discovered this thread!!!

Well I am a 24 years old mum of 2 children, 2 and 5 from London.

I currently in a on and off relationship with the father of my children so I don't know if I can say I am a single parent. ( To tell you the truth I feel like I have been for the 5 years of parenthood)

I am currently enjoying my last year with my youngest during the time my oldest is at school, by spending as much time as I can and with my son and myself before he sets off to full time nursery the following September. I will be hopefuly studying some work on Theatre and Film Studies, I know somewhere there is my destiny. Don't know what but I thought I might try script writing, Lighting egineering or Production Managment.

I love MSE, and Old stlye has brought out my creative side, I have gone back to cross stitching, learning to use a sewing machine, been baking, and experimenting on cooking H/m meals for my family.
    So the late nights to clubs and binge drinking has gone way out the window for me. ( Just the odd bottle at home on my own ).
  • freyaluck
    Options
    Hello

thanks to you lot I am addicted to this site :rolleyes:

I'm mum to 2 girls 6 and 2 and a boy 4 weeks. my partner is 26.
    I am as eco friendly as I can be living in rented flat and love to cook.
    look forward to getting to know you all and saving even more pennies.
    hugs
    carlie
    Saving for the future of the earth
  • myriadabellium
    Options
    I have only just discovered this site, via Radio 2 (although have listened to Martin on there for months - only just got round to logging on to the net!).

I'm a 25 year old married mum, part time trainee solicitor, two children of 6 and 2. I'm into eco-parenting (cloth nappies, biodegradable wipes etc) and we eat only organic home cooked food. I'm a bit of an obsessive about the whole parenting lark, desperately trying to get it right!

Love moneysaving, look forward to getting to know people :-)

myra
  • sparklewing
    Options
    I've just read 21 pages so would be rude not to reply lol.

I'm Elaine I'm 24 and single.

Was directed to this site by someone on the WeightWatchers boards(its a hot topic over there with a few of us trying to convert everyone).

I was a manager in a previous life(bar/cinema/nightclub I've been around) but 2 months ago was signed off work with agoraphobia and IBS and now really really struggling with money and on possibly the longest waiting list in the world for counselling.

Once I am better which will be soon hopefully, I want to get a job I actually like.

My ambition is to train in alternative therapies and do that full time.
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Options
    Thanks for this! I've been wondering what everyone else gets up to!

I live with my husband and 21 month old son. I gave up teaching to look after him full time and hope to have another baby next year if we're very lucky.

Apart from all the obvious trips to toddler groups/playparks etc and all the general housewifey stuff I do, I also co edit a music magazine with my husband when spud is in bed. We are really into music and I like to go see local bands when I can. We also have an independent cinema locally so I like to go see what's going on in cinema other than the usual Hollywood stuff. I play the piano when the keys are not being overtaken by toddler fingers and cat paws!

If I take part time work when kid/kids are all at school, I think it will be teaching, although this does not fill me with joy! (Loved it at the time but the longer you're off the horse the harder it is to get back on!)

Oh and I'm 34 and wondering how on earth that happened when yesterday I was 19?!
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure