PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Options

Comments

• carol_a_3
    carol_a_3 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mum too. Three children 22 ,19 and 15. I love learning french and italian, knitting, embroidery, swimming , reading, walking and saving money of course. Been separated for 3 years. Trying to build my life up a bit. Lots of good friends and supportive family.
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm 37, married with 3 kids - son nearly 19 (lives with his girldfriend), 16 yr old daughter & 13 yr old son. I work part time in a high school, but am desperate to find something else; also work some weekends at our register office & do freelance work for a stitching magazine.
    All this is why I haven't had time until the summer hols to fix poorly PC to use these forums again!
    I'm hoping that all the hints & tips on this site will enable me to make do with a another job that will be more interesting, but probably less money, than my school job!
    Hope to see these familiar names on other posts.
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    HI
    I'm arkonite. I'm 30 and living with my partner and 2 daughters. I've been know to pop into OS now and again, but now I have my own house, I'd like to be more OS! I've been on MSE just about a year and I'm a total addict.
  • dianeydunfor
    Options
    i am 28, have a delightful 16 month old daughter and am 7 months pregnant with my second. I am a stay at home mum but started an evening job selling kids books and toys at parties 6 months ago trying to save up for my 30th birthday trip to New York...new baby may effect this though! So, meantime, i try to be as frugal and env friendly as poss to save those pennies. Have been very pleasantly surprised at how helpful and friendly everyone is on here.
  • Yorkielass
    Options
    Just read all 20 pages of these read so guess I should post on it now.

Hi :wave: I'm 22 - not sure how to describe my current situation. I've just spent the last 4 years as a student - firstly doing a biology degree then spent a year doing teacher training. Now a qualified secondary science teacher (yes I'm mad).

Getting married next summer and as fiance got offered a phd place at the university here too (we met after living together in halls in our first year) we've stuck around - but I couldn't find a job. Spent the summer working on a couple of summer schools and currently looking for work, applying for supply agencies etc and at the moment we're moving out of our studenty house into a flat - having to downsize, get rid of stuff etc etc so glad I'm not starting out at work too.

Have been lurking on mse for over a year and in old style for several months so thought I'd join up as I'm trying to save money as much as possible. When we've moved I'm going to try and start selling on ebay and amazon and I enjoy lots of crafts so they'll keep me busy, making wedding invitations etc.

Anyway I've come across lots of lovely people on here already - hope to chat to people properly soon.
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • gingerdad
    gingerdad Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just also read all 20 pages, so better add my 2p

Guess what i'm ginger and a dad (32)to two wonderful daughters (4 and 3), work a general manager for small distribution firm, wife is p/t teacher and wonderful mother.

in my spare time i am involved with scouts and a search and rescue team, wife used to be a guide leader but taking a break.
    The futures bright the future is Ginger
  • miss*whisper
    Options
    Hi I'm Jo

I've a daughter of 9 going on 19, and a wonderful hubby who puts up with my mad impulses! :j

I work part time (if 28 hours a week is part time!) and ebay fulltime (it seems!) spend more time in the post office queue than the staff who work there LOL Daughter often gets a present and says "don't sell it" especially if I get my camera out LOL

For my sins I'm also studying with the Open University as I want to get more qualifications to get out of my dead end job :rolleyes:

Love this forum and the friendliness I've seen so far (if you've chatted on ebay's boards you'll know where I'm coming from on that! :eek: )

Appreciate people taking the time to share their finds and help each other :)
  • Nikki
    Nikki Posts: 775 Forumite
    Options
    I'm 32, been married for 10 1/2 years and have 3 children - son aged 10(has ADHD & ODD) daughter aged 7 and son aged 5. Work p/t for Sainsburys to you as a shopper. Found this website by accident - we've been massively overspending over the past 12 months (mainly on our house, so we could sell it) and I was looking for ways to cut back. This website has been a great help.
  • astep70uk
    Options
    OK, here goes, I'm 34, work 28 hours a week as a web systems developer and all my other (spare!) time is spent on my 3yr old son, husband, dog, puppy, 2 cats, cow and calf, greenhouse and garden. My brother has a farm half a mile from where we live so we spend loads of time over there mucking about, looking after the animals and tending our tomatoes.
    We are aiming to have a veggie plot next year to grow our own veggies. Myself and my son love to bake cakes, cook lovely meals and try to make everything from scratch, without including too many processed foods.
    At the moment we're into making chocolate muffins and jam tarts, so any good jam recipes will be much appreciated!! :)
    Oh, and after DS has gone to bed (9pm) myself and DH use the laptops a lot - we generally only communicate through MS Messenger :)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am a retired disabled widowed pensioner ,I hate been labelled but hey thats how life is at times. I enjoy reading these emails and seeing how other people save some cash. As I live on a restricted income any ideas are very useful.I am not complaining about my 'lot' I am like most folk and just get on with it.Life is far too short to keep grumbling.
    So keep the ideas rolling in people and I'll keep watching them.
    cheers.
    P.S. recycling is the new-fangled word for what my old Mum called Make-do and mend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure