Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• PlayingHardball
    Options
    Got Almay pure blends 100 translucent matte finishing powder, £4.68 at Amazon, and some nice shades of Revlon nail enamel which would cost around £6 in boots
  • heather66
    heather66 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ohh can anyone give more info? size etc. thanks good spot.
    as others have said it was small bag about ( 12 x 12 Inch ) would need loads to fill a sand pit
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,614 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Picked up some dvds in Ipswich last week, Latino dance workout with nadia and Jennifer Ellison West end Workout
  • purplestar133
    purplestar133 Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Saw quite a few Scholl products in Poundland over the weekend. Crackled ice effect foot spray (or something like that!) blister plasters, corn pads...Also saw Nicki Clarke Curl enhancing spritz. Plenty of Vaseline intensive care body lotions - 200ml. Didn't buy anything tho!
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    I got Aapri Exfoliating Facial Cleansing Pillows (x30 in a pack), putting one in my sister's birthday goody bag, and one for me. http://www.aapri.co.uk/products/exfoliating-pillows

Great for travelling. Used to buy the Neutrogena ones but the price for them was a lot for what you got!

Seemed to be in all the Glasgow City Centre ones I visited (though didn't look in Sauchiehall Street).

There were some Esprit lipglosses (in tubes) and nail varnishes; no idea if they're any good but they went in the basket too. Well-regarded here (blog is from 2010) but the link to the Esprit make-up site is dead now. http://www.makeup4all.com/esprit-cosmetics-would-you-give-it-a-try/
    I love the Goody brushes, I've got a few and they're brilliant. You can never come out of Poundland empty-handed!!

Need to go back and bung some Heathcote And Ivory bits in her birthday bag :)

Thanks some great products! with the Aapri pillows do you cleanse first or exfoliate??
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    surfsister wrote: »
    Thanks some great products! with the Aapri pillows do you cleanse first or exfoliate??
    Don't think it really matters, to be honest. Unless someone knows better! I'm going to use them when travelling.

At home I use my trusty Tesco Everyday Value microfibre cloths cut up and Dove soap (or any other gentle cleanser).
  • totallybored
    totallybored Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found the Scholl blister plasters today, got the last pack. They also had the corn pads.

In the 99p shop I found Garnier under eye roll on. Didn't buy it but I imagine they're normally about £4.
  • cfc1900
    cfc1900 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    The best remedy I ever read about was: Listerine (original) sprayed onto dry hair, wrapped in a towel for a few hours, then combed out (with a Nitty Gritty comb, preferably).

"A lice expert once told us that she thought the alcohol (26.9 percent) in Listerine was toxic to lice. The herbal oils found in Listerine (thymol, eucalyptol, menthol and methyl salicylate) may also contribute to the effect....Strong vinegar softens the glue that holds the nits to the hair shaft. Blow drying the hair also is a huge deterrent to head lice."

The woman in the Chemist practically threw the bottle of nit ointment at me when I tried whispering for one in an empty shop (did that once, then phoned my GP instead). If she could have given me the bottle with tongs, she would have, I bet. Embarrassing!

Know what you mean. In the Chemists in Wythenshawe civic centre the receptionist has to shout out to the pharmacist whenever certain medicines are bought, such as diarrhoea medicine, suppositories etc. She shouts it at the top of her very loud voice, so that people in the precinct outside can hear. EG "Kaolin and Morphine" , "Anusol HC" etc.
  • Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bought a Beauty Formulas Organic Aloe Vera Gel at my local store. There were a few left. They usually retail for approx £3.99.

Also Sun Tropic sun lotion (normally £3.99).
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • cheekylilbint86
    Options
    Mr Kipling 8pks of Bakewell tarts 2 for £1 at the moment,we've also had Treacle Tarts and 9pk of Raspberry Ripple Slices on this offer too xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback