The Body Shop At Home (Hints and tips)

Options

Comments

• ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got an email yesterday from a lady who was really interested in hosting a party saying she can't do it now as none of her friends are interested. One of my friends who was going to be one of my first 6 but cancelled is definitely not going to do hers now. I only did 4 parties in my SS period, although I made SS2, only just though.My next party postponed until December 1st so my sales for this month will be less than £500 (but luckily, over £425). I have a pamper/shopping evening on Monday but no one seems to be doing well at those at the moment, I was hoping to sell off a few of the little bits I bought for the last one which was a total disaster. I paid £20 for a table (of which I made a whole £1 back!) and was stuck in a freezing cold side room all day. Monday's is only costing me £10 but still too much if no one comes, I've already spent too much money on things like that so I may not do it.
    I was thinking I'd sell off the xmas gifts etc that I bought at a bootfair a few weeks before xmas if I have no chance to sell them at my next party.
    TIP - don't buy stuff in to sell at events!
    I was going to do a stand at my toddler group but my kids were helpfully ill for the last few weeks! Will ask next week and hopefully still have time to do it by xmas.
    I'm running out of ideas for booking parties, I've dropped leaflets through peoples doors, put a notice up in the local newspaper shop, given out free samples and flyers at toddler group, asked everyone I know. I'm just not pushy enough I don't think!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • The_Riddler
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new to tbsah, have my training tomorrow, how exciting! This forum looks great for support and ideas sharing, can't wait to get involved.

Could you add me to the front page pls?

Thanks

Vicky - Somerset area
  • becci_62
    Options
    Hi Vicky, I'm in Somerset too - Yeovil - where are you?
  • The_Riddler
    Options
    Hi, I'm based in Bridgwater, how long have you been a Consultant?

I'm hoping with current climate people are staying in more and would like parties, hopefully my newbie enthusiasm will work (fingers crossed).

V
  • bourbonsbabe
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It's freezing today so I have relented at put the heating on early today (stop the kids and OH turning blue lol)

Want to say a big big thank you to bodyshop babe on approaching the local bodyshop store. They are more than happy for me to go in on the 11th Dec to promote at home parties. Have any of you done this before?? I'm looking for some tips on how to approach the day itself and get party booking. Is a free prize draw worthwhile?? Was thinking of giving 2/3 tickets for every party date booked but this would need to be worth it to cover my initial outlay for a prize (was thinking of the cranberry or plum collection) Any thought appreciated.
  • elliep_2
    elliep_2 Posts: 711 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd use the prize draw slips at the tickets so anyone who gives you their contact details and answers the questions enters and for a prize I give a couple of bottles of stuff from supply with some cotton pads and buds all in a nicely wrapped celo bag.
  • becci_62
    Options
    Dont spend loads on a prize, just fill it with samples and incentives, cotton buds, pads, a mirror and a big bottle of shower gel or something. The stores are great, you just take the slips, ask customers if they'd like to enter and whilst theyre filling out the slip for the prize draw, talk to them about at home and ask if theyd consider a party etc. Good luck!
  • salesadmin
    Options
    Hi all!!

I'm just wondering how much you all charge for your raffle tickets? I don't want to price them so high that no-one buys them but obviously need to make some money back on prizes!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Lauren
    Married 5th June 2010
    1st Baby born 12th April 2011:j
  • becci_62
    Options
    i charge a pound a strip and take the cost of the prizes off. i only do the raffle if most people want to do it
  • sparky40
    sparky40 Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm just placing an order for a party I hosted myself and am having lots of fun spending the host reward!! Was going to get something from the nature mineral make up collection as I only have the 1 shade we were given ages ago, has anyone else ordered another shade in this, or what shade do you sell the most??

Still not sure if I'm gonna order it or not, I personally dont sell to much of it, but cant thik of what else to order!!

Any suggestions?!?!

x x
    :j Norn Iron Club Member No. 343 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills