PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• jackk_2
    jackk_2 Posts: 288 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Can I join for the month please - can i go for £200 for the 2 of us please! I will include my shop from today as that is pretty much all for Aug onwards.
    (does groceries include toiletries? dog food? washing stuff etc? Just so I know...)

Hi there,
    I include everything except dog food, but this is only because i only buy it every 2 months (i get raw meat from Landywoods, excellent value :D ).

Jackie x
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Peeps :wave:
    I`ve just posted my total for July last night so i`m in for this month at £140 please for August.
    I`m allowing an extra £20 as i`ll need to start re filling the freezer once it`s been defrosted.
    Good luck everyone.
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • Coolmum66
    Coolmum66 Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

Have just declared over on July thread - under budget!!!

Will set August at £250 as 5 Friday's (that's my main money and shopping day)

Coolmum. xx
    Debt at 2nd LBM (!) Jun 08 £8,435 - hm, let's not go there!!
    DFW Nerd - 721 / DFW Long Hauler 4 / DFD - ASAP!!
    Sealed pot challenge - member 336 - £200 target
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    Morning gotta leave for work soon but thought id leave a quick post got another busy day in front of me including the shopping although i have made a list and im gonna (try) stick to it :D its raning here although its nice the heats cooled off hope you all good and have a good day... i'll let you know late if i avoided buying anything extra today :rotfl: xxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Its gonna be a scorcher here again... its already 83 and its only 9:30 :eek: ..still it should get those tomatoes ripened up nicely :T

Well I was determined to make it to friday without spending.. but we need to fetch more water :o .... we get through loads... we drink the medium sparkled stuff and its lovely... I know we should drink tap water -but the stuff here smells like chlorine (not helped by an outbreak of e-coli or something in the water whilst we are away :eek: so now they are being extra careful and adding more nasties :rolleyes: )... anyway the water is only 19c for 1.5litre -and i have at least 20 bottles to return -for which i will get 25c back each -so i won't technically be spending any money from my purse :j :D so it will make 4nsd in a row -if i can get out of LIDL without buying anything else :o -hubby reckons i will never do it.... hmmm that sounds like a challenge to me ;)

Todays dinner is soft goats cheese with herbs in, with salad and steamed potatoes from the garden :T ....... and i will pack an extra one up for hubbies lunch tomorrow

I made a couple of big jellies yesterday and added a big jar of cherries -in juice -so i added the juice in place of water, and i threw in the tub of blueberries mmmmm so that will help keep me cool

right i think im off to settle on the sofa with my x stitch... have cleaned the kitchen, vaccumed and polished -so im done for now :D
    have a great day everyone :T
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • huxley
    huxley Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone, well yesterday was a nsd am trying for one again today but I must go into town to the bank, oh the 99p shop with its bargains does tempt me:o . Think dinner tonight will be something with soya mince ds1 is here with gs so got to stretch dinner and think of a pudding got some kiwi fruits in the fruit bowl so if I get my act together sooooooon could get a sorbet done. Well the ironing beckons, actually its shouting! so best go will catch up later:D
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Options
    £300 for me please!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, today will be a NSD!
    Welcome all newbies and keep on smiling everyone :)
    Mince pie for tea, making something with the blueberries as never got it done yesterday.
    Hoping my delayed mail comes today!
    x :wave:
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Count me in again this month please! I'm going to stick to my £220 for the month. (2 adults and 1 hungry toddler). It really helps keep me on the straight and narrow.:D

Thanks

Naomi x
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Flipping eck - haven't logged in since Friday and August's challenge is already at 10 pages!
    Anyway I'll go for

£100 please

for all toiletries, food, cleaning stuff, household bits and dog food - this is for me and very greedy little hound.

I'm off to read through the last 10 pages!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure