PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Online Solicitors - Help + advice needed!!!

Options
12346»

Comments

• pandaqueen1
    Options
    Has anyone any knowledge/opinion of Flints Direct in Derbyshire? Our buyer is using them and they are taking ages. Exactly 13 weeks today (friday 13th July) the offer was put in, on friday 13th April. Maybe someones trying to tell me something with this 13 business!

The last I heard was three weeks ago they were sending enquiries out after the search had come back the would proceed with exchange of contract.
  • kushil
    kushil Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I would recommend my solicitors called www.easylawyers.co.uk

I have recently used them for a sale of my buy to let property. The actual work done by Dickinson Dees in Newcastle who were professional at all times.

They have a special offer for their clients who are selling their freehold property under the sum of £300,000.
    They are doing it for a fixed price inclusive of legal fees, VAT and all disbursements of £400.
    It includes the legal fees, VAT, disbursments and all other costs.
    I only paid £400 for the sale of the property.
    Does any one know any one else doing similar all-inclusive deals.
    kushil
  • jangor_2
    jangor_2 Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    I have dealt with Lambert Pugh online on my sale and purchase. I have to admit that, at times, it has been difficult to speak with the same person (they have different departments for the various stages of conveyancing) but, on the whole, I have been very happy with their service. When my purchase fell through there was no problem; they did not make any additional charge for the aborted work but simply went on to dealing with my next property which is going through very quickly. I consider that the price was very reasonable.
  • RONNIE43CATS
    Options
    wearside wrote: »
    I am using Lambert Pugh to carry out my sale and purchase. The reason that I started to use them as they are miles from me, is that they offered online case tracking, "track your case online using our online case tracking system" as it said on their website. This has not yet been set up but still appears on their web site. Is this legal?

I cannot say that I am happy with their service. They are slow, do not respond to emails or telephone calls and I have to continually chase them up. I have never spoken to Mr Pugh as he is never available. Unfortunately it is too late for me to change firms but had I known at the beginning what I know now, I would have gone elsewhere.

Email them and asked for a read receipt each time. I found that once I had got hold of an email address communication was fine. I found that if nothing was happening you heard nothing, once things started to move then this was when you would hear from them.I dealt with a Christine Potter and she was wonderful. Initially yes they were useless and never responded to you but when it came down to it they pulled their finger out. As I said in another thread, it even worked out slightly cheaper in the end than I was quoted. We used them for both the sale and purchase and they managed to get the paperwork in place earlier than planned so we could move a week earlier than orginally planned. Stick with them.I get the impression that Mr Pugh andMr lambert have nothing to do with the conveyencing side of things and this gets left to someone else. I never dealt once with eitjher of them. Probably why neither of them ever replied when I left messages !!!
  • wearside_2
    wearside_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I actually spoke to Mr Pugh last week!:D My sale is now completed its the purchase that is slowing things down!:eek:
    To Dare is To Do:beer:
  • Gwenrose
    Gwenrose Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Rammster,

I am considering using Abode, and so far their quote, including searches etc. was still the most competitive by far, and i checked them out on the web and they seem to get very good reviews for price, efficiency and having an online service to see what work has been done, etc. :o

Could you tell me where you got the reviews for Abode please?
    You have to listen to learn!
  • spudulike9975
    Options
    Lambert and Pugh they are hopeless. What should have taken weeks took months. They are never available when you contact them by phone, don't answer letters or emails, I just had to keep chasing and chasing them. I still have two outstanding questions on the house I bought they didn't bother asking, even though I wrote, emailed and phoned with the questions.They have driven me insane, I'm still waiting for the post completion stuff and still trying to get them moving even today. The only thing going for them is they are cheap but I would rather have paid double or treble and used someone else.
  • robinc
    Options
    I ahve to say that I have reservations about Lambert Pugh also. They "made a mistake" when quoting for the purchase and would only compromise by halving the extra cost. I rang yesterday for an update (online service still not working!!) and despite three calls have not had an answer. This is a VERY simple sale and purchase...no chains either way! They might eventually come through but it should be quick and their communication is somewhat lacking! Mr Lambert is supposed to be dealing with it personally (due to quotation problems!) but he "does not get to work until after 11am and was "working from home" yesterday! So..I will wait and see if ANYONE gets back to me today! PS the text message update does not appear to exist either!
  • Friendlyadvice
    Options
    I would seriously avoid using Lambert Pugh at all costs. I used them for a really simple conveyancing job (first time buyer with big deposit and no onward chain) and it became an absolute nightmare. As others have noted, they are almost impossible to get hold of once they have taken your money. They ignored almost daily calls and emails from me for over five weeks and I only needed copies of some straightforward documents and to check a few facts. I'm also unsure whether they actually bothered to check various aspects of the transaction properly (as they won't respond to my enquiries). In the end I actually had to ask another solicitor to finalise aspects of the sale as they were so elusive and I needed to get on with my life. I'm actually thinking about raising a more formal sort of complaint or getting in touch with a professional body as they were so useless. Please save yourself the bother and just use someone else. Even if it costs a little more it will save you a huge amount of stress and time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure