Which mattress? (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    My Silentnight mattress has gone all creaky and you can feel the springs, despite spending nearly £300 on it just over 2years ago we need a new one too. It's seen some use, but that's not good enough for that sort of money ;)

Anyone know the warrenty duration for a mattress?
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    TiTheRev wrote: »
    My Silentnight mattress has gone all creaky and you can feel the springs, despite spending nearly £300 on it just over 2years ago we need a new one too. It's seen some use, but that's not good enough for that sort of money ;)

Anyone know the warrenty duration for a mattress?

This is a very common complaint with Silentnight. You are actually lucky that it lasted 2 years.
  • TiTheRev
    Options
    Is there any come-back I can make, anyone to complain/report it to?
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    TiTheRev wrote: »
    Is there any come-back I can make, anyone to complain/report it to?

This is Silentnight's customer service

Address: Silentnight Beds, PO Box 9, Barnoldswick, Lancashire, BB18 6BL
    Telephone: 01282 813333
    Fax: 01282 850107
    Email: [EMAIL="enquiries@silentnight.co.uk"]enquiries@silentnight.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Responsibilities: Processing Orders, Organising Delivery, Product Queries, Complaints
    Opening Times: Trade Enquiries:Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pmHome Deliveries:Monday to Thursday 8am to 8pmFriday 8am to 7:30pm
  • TiTheRev
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    This is Silentnight's customer service

Address: Silentnight Beds, PO Box 9, Barnoldswick, Lancashire, BB18 6BL
    Telephone: 01282 813333
    Fax: 01282 850107
    Email: [EMAIL="enquiries@silentnight.co.uk"]enquiries@silentnight.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Responsibilities: Processing Orders, Organising Delivery, Product Queries, Complaints
    Opening Times: Trade Enquiries:Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pmHome Deliveries:Monday to Thursday 8am to 8pmFriday 8am to 7:30pm
    Thanks for the info :D e-mail sent ;):T
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    Now I know you are having a laugh :rotfl: :rotfl:

emweaver has just backed up what I've been saying on here for ages. :T :T

What have you been saying on here for ages?
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    What have you been saying on here for ages?

Read post 7
  • Romum
    Romum Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, not sure about the cost but I love ikeas - I have had mine for nearly 10 years with a mattress pad on (thick one not the cheapest thin one) and it is fantastic. We recently changed our bed and bought an expensive memory foam mattress but it gave us both back ache and was too warm so has been sent to the spare room and the Ikea one put back in place. Would def buy one again.

ax
  • milesoneill
    milesoneill Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, Sealy are now part of the Silentnight Group, but thankfully that doesn't mean that Sealy mattrasses have moved over to Silentnight quality.
  • TiTheRev
    Options
    So, which would you now recommend as a good brand? If my complaint is upheld and I get some compensation then I want to know which mattress brand is good, as I will not be getting a Silentnight one again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure