Which mattress? (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    tina4273 wrote: »
    Hi, this is a message for Tim. Tim, Not sure if you have already covered this in any of the 99 pages before, have read most of them so apologies if you need to repeat yourself, but can you please let me know if La Romantica mattresses are from the company La Romantica Beds Ltd. I wanted to find out if they supplied to any bed companies in my area (Berkshire) so I could try before I bought online. I emailed them to find out, however they have not replied. I then realised that they did not show the madrid or the other La Romantica mattresses discussed on this forum on their website, so I am a bit confused.

I would appreciated it if you could clarify, as this would save me time chasing possibly the wrong company. If they aren't not the same company are you allowed to let me know the contact number for the right La Romantica.

Thanks in advance, and well done for all the help you have given.

I never realised buying a mattress was so complicated. The last one I bought was about 20 years ago....Must have been a good one cos it is only now giving me problems

Yes it is La Romantica Beds Ltd. The quickest way to get a response would probably be to phone them.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Hi Tim,

I`d be really grateful if you could answer these Qs:

1) I understand the LR Madrid has tufts on each side unlike most other memory foam + pocket spring mattresses - why is this?
    2) I know the 5 ft LR Madrid has 1000 pocket springs, but waht about the super king?
    3) If the LR Madrid is such a good bed, how come it only comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty whereas other mattresses come with a 5yr guarantee?

Thx I really appreciate this thread.

I'm afraid I'm not allowed to answer that.
  • wannagetfit
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Timmy Magic viewpost.gif
    Hi I have purchased a metal kingsize bedstead along with a 1200 pocket spring memory foam topped mattress. I have just read about 'pegboards' to put on the slats as it protects the springs in the mattress. Should I be worried?

This the bedstead

http://www.bensonsforbeds.co.uk/Meta...dstead;42.aspx

and this is the mattress

http://www.bensonsforbeds.co.uk/Matt...ess;605.as px

I have paid for both and just waiting for delivery of them this week so just curious if I should be looking at a 'pegboard' or not?

Thanks for looking.

In a word, yes

Hi Tim,

Maybe I am blind, but I dont see any double sided pocket sprung memory foam mattresses on that site, they are all no turn mattresses as far as I can see, maybe you can give link to exact page?
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Hi Tim,

Maybe I am blind, but I dont see any double sided pocket sprung memory foam mattresses on that site, they are all no turn mattresses as far as I can see, maybe you can give link to exact page?

I think Timmy Magic caused a bit of confusion by they way I was quoted. Bensons don't do 2 sided memory foam mattresses.
  • Timmy_Magic
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    I think Timmy Magic caused a bit of confusion by they way I was quoted. Bensons don't do 2 sided memory foam mattresses.

Hey don't blame me gringo....:huh:
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Hey don't blame me gringo....:huh:

It was because the quotes were done wrong, so it looked like my quote instead of yours. :confused:
  • colincliff
    Options
    i think i have decided on the kozeesleep Pocketmaster 1100 as a good budget pocket mattress.

It seems to be here for £219 delivered. https://www.mattress24.co.uk/product.php?id=53 - seems like a much better price than i can find elswhere. Any ideas is this is the 'best' kozeesleep company (there seems to be mention in this thread that there are two the same name)

thanks
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    colincliff wrote: »
    i think i have decided on the kozeesleep Pocketmaster 1100 as a good budget pocket mattress.

It seems to be here for £219 delivered. https://www.mattress24.co.uk/product.php?id=53 - seems like a much better price than i can find elswhere. Any ideas is this is the 'best' kozeesleep company (there seems to be mention in this thread that there are two the same name)

thanks

The logo is for the better Kozeesleep company, but the photo doesn't look like the pocketmaster.

I should also point out that the pocketmaster is an entry level pocket sprung mattress.
  • raymond
    raymond Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Tim,
    Thanks for reply...........however I am finding it hard to find stores in England who sell pocket sprung, memory foam, double sided mattress, never mind ship them to Ireland.

Would really really appreciate if anyone know who does this.

I am not sure you should get too hung up on "double" sided memory foam mattresses.

From what I can see, only one company makes them.

Tim Deegan has already stated on this or another thread that good quality memory foam does bot wear out for a long time ... 10 years if I recall correctly so why do you need it on both sides ? I have seen mention that it makes the spring wear more evenly somewhere but that could be bull because a pocket spring is a uniform coiled spring and pressing on one side has exactly the same effect as pressing on the other ... the spring will compress UNIFORMLY its a fact of physics. As most of the weight is in the middle then flipping it will make no difference to rotating it as far as the springs are concerned so why do you need double sided ?? (This does not apply to some other spring systems btw)

It is true that for traditional fillings rather than memory foam you need to turn the mattress as many ways as possible to try and even out the settling or compression of fibres but not memory foam.

A more cynical person might say that someone who sells double sided would recommend them because a google or ebay search may well lead to his or her site but then I would certainly not say that.

Been round a few shops and found a couple of small ones that seem to offer good value. Macs mattresses I think it was near the bottom of the Newtownards road in Belfast and one near the traffic lights at the Hospital in Whiteabbey .. cannot remember the name. I also found a manufacturer called Moyola Beds but know nothing about them other than the place on the N'ards road had a couple of cheapish ones..

I am still leaning toward the King Koil but just need to find a ks one at a decent price.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    raymond wrote: »
    I am not sure you should get too hung up on "double" sided memory foam mattresses.

From what I can see, only one company makes them.

Tim Deegan has already stated on this or another thread that good quality memory foam does bot wear out for a long time ... 10 years if I recall correctly so why do you need it on both sides ? I have seen mention that it makes the spring wear more evenly somewhere but that could be bull because a pocket spring is a uniform coiled spring and pressing on one side has exactly the same effect as pressing on the other ... the spring will compress UNIFORMLY its a fact of physics. As most of the weight is in the middle then flipping it will make no difference to rotating it as far as the springs are concerned so why do you need double sided ?? (This does not apply to some other spring systems btw)

I can see where you are coming from, but I'm afraid you are wrong on a few points:
    • We don't lay on exactly the same springs if the mattress is just flipped over.
    • You should alternate between flipping the mattress over, and rotating it lengthways. This means that each person will rotate between 4 different parts of the mattress.
    • Pocket springs work independently, so they don't have support from the surrounding springs. This makes them more fragile individually which is why for many years all bed manufacturers told us to turn them on a regular basis.
    • Manufacturers still tell us to rotate non turn mattresses lengthways in order to promote even wear. The only reason they no longer tell us to turn the mattress is because to cut production costs they have only put the memory foam on one side.
    • There is more than one manufacturer who sells 2 sided memory foam mattresses.
    It is true that for traditional fillings rather than memory foam you need to turn the mattress as many ways as possible to try and even out the settling or compression of fibres but not memory foam.

It applies to all mattresses. Where do you get your information from?

I'm starting to wonder if you are just arguing for the sake of it, or you have an undeclared interest in the bed industry?
    A more cynical person might say that someone who sells double sided would recommend them because a google or ebay search may well lead to his or her site but then I would certainly not say that.

You started trying to pull my advice apart in the Northern Ireland thread. As you well know I don't sell to any part of Ireland, so you have brought your personal abuse into this thread instead. I'm afraid you are covering old ground, so please give it a rest. If I was on here to advertise, then I wouldn't have even been giving advice in the Northern Ireland thread would I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure