easyjet hand luggage

I'm going to book some flights soon, and was just reading up on hand luggage.

Now i sort of knew the dimensions, and i also know there there is no weight limit with easy jet, as long as you can lift it up into the over head locker then your fine.

But i've just been on there website, and it shows a picture of hand luggage as being a carry on bag, and there is a picture of someone pulling a small pull along case, and there is a red x through it.

now i'm sure when i've travelled with easyjet before i've taken pull along cases, could someone please confirm this.

thanks

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easyjet.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5&p_created=1074005812&p_sid=6hoLy98j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjMsMjMmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWhhbmQgbHVnZ2FnZQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Comments

• Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Travelled with easyjet a few weeks ago and as long as the case is of the right dimensions (will fit in the little thingy at the airport) you can take it on board with you, doesn't matter if it has wheels or not.
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    thanks thought so, it's just that picture is a bit confusing.

and i was sure i took a pull along case to amsterdam, when i went.

and didn't want to get to the airport and get stung for 8 people having to check in luggage.
  • Saint_Chris
    yep just looked at my photos and i do have a pull along case.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,700
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The picture is to emphasise that it's only one piece that is permitted, not two.
  • Alfrescodave
    Alfrescodave Posts: 988
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just travelled with Easyjet and there were many many people with pull along cases. Not a problem
  • soweezy
    soweezy Posts: 67 Forumite
    we had no probs with a pull along case at Bristol, but Nice airport made us put it in a slot to make sure it was thin enough
    fortunately I saw someone else doing this, and being turned away, so I took some stuff out of mine to make it thinner, then once on the other side I put the stuff back in it :D
  • Saint_Chris
    The picture is to emphasise that it's only one piece that is permitted, not two

right i now get it, but when you look at the picture it does look misleading.

as there is a tick next to the carry on bag, and an x over the pull along case, i thought that they may have changed there policy. :rolleyes:
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm glad i've found this post, we are flying easyjet on Thurs and thought I'd have to go and buy a new bag! I always use a little wheely one.
  • Beamish
    Beamish Posts: 284 Forumite
    We also always use a small wheely case and have had no problems.

The only thing i find annoying is that you can only take one item of hand luggage going from the UK (I usually pop a folding bag in my case and once through security put my purse etc into my handbag).

Its a different story flying back from Valenica, there you are allowed a handbag and a carry on case.

What really annoys me is people with huge ruck sacks strapped to their backs and cause chaos when boarding the aircraft cos they have to get it off their backs and into the overhead, meanwhile everyone is waiting AGH!!!!

And what really pees me off is couples leaving a middle seat empty so that nobody can sit next to them, I purposly choose the middle seat just to annoy them LOL.

Beem
    Please pull my nightie down when you have finished
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ryanair have one piece of hand luggage rule too,but my daughter frequently flies from Gatwick to Dublin, with a wheely case, she used to put her handbag in their too, but doesn't any more as they don't seem to care! Maybe easyjet won't bother in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure