Help- How do I cancel my Equifax account?

Options

Comments

• Nanny2Nurse
    Options
    To follow up on my own experience, Equifax have cancelled my 'subscription' and closed my account upon my request but have chosen to ignore my two requests for a refund of my £2.99.
    I personally will never use them again.
  • David3001
    Options
    Just checked my online banking and noticed this £2.99 debit as well! I had cancelled my 30 day trial a while ago and at no point was it discussed/offered whilst cancelling. Surely this cannot be legal?! Will be emailing them after I leave work.
  • Nanny2Nurse
    Options
    Considering how many people in this thread alone have been scammed by Equifax for at least £2.99, I'm wondering if a letter to Watchdog may be in order.
  • leekaz73
    Options
    I have £2.99 deducted on 18th Aug too!! I did the 30 day trial a year ago and cancelled my account! I tried logging in as my name and my husband's name and can't get any further as I don't have an account and they can't reset my password as I don't have an account. just spent 30 mins in a queue on the phone - wonder how much that will cost me! Thought I'd try here for help. Will look back to find this freephone number for tomorrow.
  • JDrake93
    Options
    I have just made an account with equifax but what is the email to cancel the account? Or a phone number? I dont even know if the account has actually been made as i didnt ring up to answer these security questions and i havent recieved an email confirming my regristration, HELP!!:(
  • flunky54
    Options
    Telephone: 01274 759 759
  • Betty_Crumble
    Options
    oh shoot, ive done a boo boo, went to cancel today not thinking they wouldn't be open on a Sat *sob* Oh well guess i'll have to suck up 1 months charge.
    Littlewoods £10 Very BNPL £234.42
    My total debt is [STRIKE]£7242.32[/STRIKE]£244.42
    Extra payment a week: This week: £
    Total to date: £1279.29 not incl this week
    #33 NOvember challenge
  • kcarmichael87
    Options
    Hello,

I have literally just done this. Dial 0844 335 0550. It costs so dial from a landline and costs 5p a minute but I was done in under two minutes.

This is the number from the members centre and is open 7 days a week.

Option 3 to cancel.

Give them your username and security information... then BE STRONG! They will try to talk all sorts of rubbish at you. I just kept talking over them saying I am not interested in anything you have to say please just cancel my subscription. Just keep repeating this and they give up and cancel it.

Hope this helps
  • amelyah56
    Options
    You do not have to call their advertised premium rate number to access customer service of this money grabbing leach. You can call those greedy tricksters to cancel unwanted subscriptions on 0844 335 0550 Good Luck
  • Bored
    Bored Posts: 389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bored wrote: »
    It's now a year after my free 30 day trial was cancelled, and £2.99 has just gone out of my account. I didn't ask or want this free 12 month ID trial and I definitely was not informed that I would start paying £2.99 once the trial was over. Going to have to ring them today and tell them exactly how I feel about this; and I definitely want a refund for this 2.99 because I did not authorise them to take this from my account.

So it's a month later and ANOTHER 2.99 has gone from my account even though I definitely cancelled it last month (even though I didn't ask it to begin with). Angry is an understatement. :mad:

If anyone else has cancelled it recently, keep an eye on your bank statements!
    2023 Mortgage-Free Wannabe #19: £11,675.68/£13,000
    Mortgage Overpayment Total: £22,397.1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family