Help- How do I cancel my Equifax account?

Options

Comments

• jumperjohn
    jumperjohn Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up and after a couple of months I rang to cancel. 'i couldn't, as I had entered into a three month contract' said the Indian call worker. I argued and asked what I had signed and I asked repeatedly that he close the account. I have truncated the argument but in the end after I asked to speak to the manager he agreed to close the account. Why should it be so difficult to end a service to view your own information. Equifax are a disgrace, I had no problem with experian.
  • aliceelizabeth_2
    Options
    Decided to get a credit report through equifax. Entered debit card details and completed application, but now they want me to call them to answer more questions...don't particularly want to phone an 0800 number. If I don't phone will I still get charged after 30 days? Should I just call to ask them to cancel the whole thing or will this get too complicated? Should I just call, get the report and then cancel? Argh, wish I read this forum before starting now!
  • aliceelizabeth_2
    Options
    Says when I log in that I need to call a number to "complete purchase". Assuming if I haven't completed purchase they won't charge? Sorry, really want to avoid expensive phone call!
  • gbgvv
    gbgvv Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Just called the freephone number and cancelled.No problem at all. They asked why and I just said I didnt need their service anymore. Tried a hard sell of the free updates and their 2.99 version.....just said no. Phonecall was answered in about 10 seconds and lasted about 2 minutes. Simples! Five quid cashback....thanks very much!:rotfl:
  • Bored
    Bored Posts: 389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It's now a year after my free 30 day trial was cancelled, and £2.99 has just gone out of my account. I didn't ask or want this free 12 month ID trial and I definitely was not informed that I would start paying £2.99 once the trial was over. Going to have to ring them today and tell them exactly how I feel about this; and I definitely want a refund for this 2.99 because I did not authorise them to take this from my account.
    2023 Mortgage-Free Wannabe #19: £11,675.68/£13,000
    Mortgage Overpayment Total: £22,397.1
  • rich11
    rich11 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Having the exact same problem but it is MY account on Equifax but the money is being debited to my wifes Visa card.What a disgarace of a company Equifax are.Yes it is only £2.99 a month but times that by how many thousand of people they are doing this to
  • alymurphy8
    Options
    tel number for Equifax is : 0844 335 0550, not been with them for at least 3yrs then June & July 2012 they just went into my bank account and helped themselves to £2.99. Now is they just do that to a few hundred people they are doing ok dont you think. I just had one hell of a row with some poor employee by the name of Jason, and of course i have no chance of getting my £5 back, they had better not do it again that's all i say.

Alyson
    S WALES UK
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why have a row? OH was steaming when they started taking money from his credit card but by being nice (but firm) he got refunds and an assurance that his account was closed.
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • Nanny2Nurse
    Options
    Same here today. Found a £2.99 deduction in my account. I have sent them a stern email demanding and refund and cancellation.
  • mr.slips
    Options
    Hi all, new here but thought I'd share what appears to be an identical scenario for alot of people on here. Long story short I've had £2.99 a month taken from my account starting from April this year. Totally puzzled as to how but each time called my bank (HSBC) and they refunded. And also informed me any future payments would be blocked. But each month on the same date another payment would go out. And each time I would have my bank refund me. Have just called my bank again to refund July's and again they said they would block, but I thought I'd try Equifax myself and ended up here! What sly sods Equifax are! I called them using the freephone number a few posts above and explained I did not agree to a subscription a year down the line after originally cancelling! Have since received an email confirming cancellation but I'm pretty annoyed about it all. Just as well my bank were cooperative and refunded each time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure