IT'S BACK !!! M&S "Dine in for £10" (merged)

in Gone Off!
955 replies 246.1K views

Replies

• fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    M&S Hayle today:

Claret £6.49
    Broccolli £2.49
    Chicken Caesar £5.49
    Profiteroles £3.29

Dine in discount £7.76

Equals a tenner! Thanks op! Even managed to pay with Amex Platinum cashback.
  • chris_kchris_k Forumite
    164 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The cashier today in M&S said this was offer would be promoted each weekend throughout July with different meals on offer each weekend. Watch this space.
  • Mike_JMike_J Forumite
    998 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Asda = carrots 70p, spuds £1,25, chicken slices £3, wine £3, dsert £2. Dine for two = £9.95 any day any week!

Wen tinto M&S and thougt godd for them, shame they had sod all and what they had over priced...no wonder food boss got the boot
  • musicboymusicboy Forumite
    451 Posts
    nice one mate - I popped in mine today and they had loads and I mean loads of banners and adverts up, and nothing at all apart from the vegetarian thing and a load of empty fridges.

The biddies must have beat me to it !

Oh jesus there's a bloody m&s advert on the telly now !!! Plan A ? !!!!!! ??
  • dog1dog1 Forumite
    270 Posts
    Apply for M&S credit card, use it once in store to activate it and receive 6 free bottles of wine, free delivery. Can't be bad ;)
    http://www2.marksandspencer.com/wineoffer.html
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Mike_J wrote: »
    Asda = carrots 70p, spuds £1,25, chicken slices £3, wine £3, dsert £2. Dine for two = £9.95 any day any week!

Yes but we can do a meal for 2 that's meat & 2 veg plus wine and a pudding for just £5 if we buy at local shops (sometimes ASDA) and prepare it ourselves.(which we both greatly enjoy)

The thing is, with one of our M&S £10 deals, where everthing is totally prepared and/or made and at most needs putting in the oven , we had ASPARAGUS and BROCCOLI and RUNNER BEANS rather than just carrots.

Also the main course wasn't "chicken slices", it was a HUGE WHOLE Chicken.

Not only will it do Sunday Lunch, we will have it cold on Monday evening with chips & pickled onions, beetroot, stuffing & Branston.
    There will be plenty enough for sandwiches for Tuesday lunch and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't make at least a 2 portion chicken curry on Wednesday which we will probably freeze. Chicken 3 days running (however different) is probably enough.

And on Thursday we will DINE OUT for £9.95

Sadly an offer that's only on Thursday evenings at a pub near us.

2 meals of 10oz rump (blue) steaks, chips, grilled tomato, fried onions and peas AND a bottle of wine (red, rosé or white) all in - just £9.95
    Ok it's only 1 course but after eating everything they put on your plate I couldn't eat anything else.
    But they do provide all the condiments and sauces etc., cook it, serve it and do all the washing up afterwards !
    BARGAIN !!!
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • bobdauildabobdauilda Forumite
    791 Posts
    quoia wrote: »
    Yes but we can do a meal for 2 that's meat & 2 veg plus wine and a pudding for just £5 if we buy at local shops (sometimes ASDA) and prepare it ourselves.(which we both greatly enjoy)

The thing is, with one of our M&S £10 deals, where everthing is totally prepared and/or made and at most needs putting in the oven , we had ASPARAGUS and BROCCOLI and RUNNER BEANS rather than just carrots.

Also the main course wasn't "chicken slices", it was a HUGE WHOLE Chicken.

Not only will it do Sunday Lunch, we will have it cold on Monday evening with chips & pickled onions, beetroot, stuffing & Branston.
    There will be plenty enough for sandwiches for Tuesday lunch and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't make at least a 2 portion chicken curry on Wednesday which we will probably freeze. Chicken 3 days running (however different) is probably enough.

And on Thursday we will DINE OUT for £9.95

Sadly an offer that's only on Thursday evenings at a pub near us.

2 meals of 10oz rump (blue) steaks, chips, grilled tomato, fried onions and peas AND a bottle of wine (red, ros! or white) all in - just £9.95
    Ok it's only 1 course but after eating everything they put on your plate I couldn't eat anything else.
    But they do provide all the condiments and sauces etc., cook it, serve it and do all the washing up afterwards !
    BARGAIN !!!

Sounds like you bought an Ostrich instead of a chicken! You forgot to boil the carcass for stock too.Shame on you!:rotfl:
    I went into the Llanishen branch yesterday and there were no Oakham chickens on the £10 rack despite being a few large ones in the usual place. Wifey asked the assistant who said that the only chickens in the deal had sold out by 9am. Saying that, the claret was surprisingly drinkable and the salad quite nice. Bought two meal deals (chicken breast/proscuttio, salad, cheesecake and claret).
    Shame the rest of my basic items (bread/milk/fruit etc) amounted to an extra £15:eek: I guess this is what they rely on people doing by attracting them in with this deal.
    Tip of the day- go in with your blinkers on and only buy a meal deal!
    Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

Primum non noce!
  • FatAndyFatAndy Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    I went to look for this in Llandudno yesterday morning - very disappointed. Both the veg side dish and the Lemon Souffle that my wife asked me get were sold out. Had some chickens but they were on sale at half price in another part of the food hall. Hopefully if they repeat this offer in future they'll make sure that they get enough stock in.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
  • robpw2robpw2 Forumite
    14K Posts
    i had a beautiful meal from loughborough marks and spencer of pork medailians in an apple and cider suace new potatoes and brocoli with chocolate desert to finsih with a nice bottle of rose on the side
    I wouldnt buy this normally but was well impressed with my offer,

I normally only shop in marks and spencers when i have gift vouchers so it was nice to shope there

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • robpw2 wrote: »
    i had a beautiful meal from loughborough marks and spencer of pork medailians in an apple and cider suace new potatoes and brocoli with chocolate desert to finsih with a nice bottle of rose on the side
    I wouldnt buy this normally but was well impressed with my offer,

I normally only shop in marks and spencers when i have gift vouchers so it was nice to shope there

I had the pork too, but with salad, Rose wine and lemon souffle. I have mobility problems, so cooking can be difficult for me and it was lovely to have a "gourmet" type meal with very little effort on my part except for reaching for my purse.
    Went back again and got Fishcakes (not so nice), Rose, mixed fruit tarts and potato. They had very little choice left at it was towards the end of the day, but I did get quite a few reduced items for the freezer, so job's a good un.
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock