IT'S BACK !!! M&S "Dine in for £10" (merged)

in Gone off!
955 replies 246.1K views

Replies

• Ems*HonieEms*Honie Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    What are ceaser veg? They didn't have those at the branch I went to last night so I got tender stem and salad, but hubby likes neither. Have to pop back today to replace one o my choc pots as it was open and am debating picking up another deal meal :)
  • KingCampoKingCampo Forumite
    245 Posts
    I bought £60 of food and wine in M&S this morning for £35!!

I got a 6lb Oakham chicken worth £12.98 (but on offer at £5.99 - feeds 5/6) as the main course for one of my 3 £10 meal deals - what a bargain! Feed the family, never mind dine for 2 with my wife!

Also bought vegeterian mousaka, Scottish salmon fillet, lots of baby pots and caeser veg. For pudding ... lemon souffles and profiterole stack. Pinot grigio and Bordeaux reds for drinks.

Also, buy The Times in M&S today and you get a really good French red for £5 instead of £10.

Did my shopping at M&S Food in Fforestfach, Swansea.
  • So in summary then you effectively get a free bottle of wine unless you get the oakham chicken which works out much better.
    • you can then add extra bottles of wine until you have 6 in total (incl the ones with the deal) as an extra wine discount kicks in.
    • If you spot the wine booklet, use the voucher inside the front cover for an additional wine discount.
    • Possibly buy a copy of the Times & get the associated bottle of red - not sure how this will work though. Has anybody tried it yet?
    • If they are out of stock of parts of the meal deal, they will give you a voucher for £5/10 to use this weekend. (It was £5 for us last night when they had no puddings.)
  • meanmummeanmum Forumite
    604 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yesterday I got 2 bottles claret, 4 chicken breasts with caesar & proscuitto, 1 caesar vegetables, 1 salad, & 4 lemon mousses. That's dinner for 4 of us tonight, for £20. Shelves are pretty empty today though.....
  • So in summary then you effectively get a free bottle of wine unless you get the oakham chicken which works out much better.
    • you can then add extra bottles of wine until you have 6 in total (incl the ones with the deal) as an extra wine discount kicks in.
    • If you spot the wine booklet, use the voucher inside the front cover for an additional wine discount.
    • Possibly buy a copy of the Times & get the associated bottle of red - not sure how this will work though. Has anybody tried it yet?
    • If they are out of stock of parts of the meal deal, they will give you a voucher for £5/10 to use this weekend. (It was £5 for us last night when they had no puddings.)

We've just tried the Times offer & it DOES work as part of the 6 bottle deal. On top of the food deal our receipt is showing
    • £5 saving for the 10% 6 bottle deal
    • £5 saving for the voucher in the wine booklet
    • £5 saving for the Times offer
    :j So a £15 saving on the wine & effectively free food if you work on normal wine prices. Our total bill was £35 for 6 bottles of wine (including the £10 Times one) & 2 meal deals. :j

The downside is that the food selection was a bit rubbish as there were no chickens left & the baby potatoes were VERY overpriced for what you get IMO. Managed to get 2 reasonable meal deals though & am looking forward to eating it.
  • ramk_ramk_ Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Thanks very much for posting this. we're just back from M&S on Argyle St, Glasgow. They seemed to have plenty in stock. We got bottle Pinot Grigio, tenderstem broccoli, salmon and profiteroles (which weren't in the £10 display but found them in the dessert section). Looking forward to my dinner tonight!!
    Thanks again OP, really appreciate it!
  • babyangel10babyangel10 Forumite
    929 Posts
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Can't believe I didn't notice the profiteroles were on the dessert offer! I ended up with 2 mangy choc melting desserts instead cos I wanted the Lemon Souffles or Cheesecakes, but OH doesn't like fruit, so the choc puds were the only option when I went in :(

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • went in to my local m&s 2day and there were signs (on the "2 can dine for £10) saying sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was gutted!
    :smileyheaMummy to my lil' man born '05:smileyhea
    :j Baby boy due May 2010 :j
  • janie63janie63 Forumite
    262 Posts
    Just had salmon and salad, ac hoccy pudding and am making my way through the wine!! Yummy!
  • RustyFlangeRustyFlange Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Profiteroles were not part of the meal deal in Kingston park near Newcastle yesterday :( i would have had them ... would have done wonders for my diet :(
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals