IT'S BACK !!! M&S "Dine in for £10" (merged)

in Gone off!
955 replies 246.1K views

Replies

• PurplePowPurplePow Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was disappointed. There was only boxes of salmon fishcakes in ours, which to be honest considering you only get 2 in a box, it wouldn't really fill me having a fishcake each then a bit salad! I read the labels though and noticed it said something about a salmon so I went and found the salmon in the normal place in the shop and got that, and a big salad bowl and some rice pudding. Didn't realise the wine would be just M&S wine, 10 mins earlier I had just about 6 bottles from Tesco, the wine was on special £1 off and another 25% for 6 bottles, so I got 6 bottles of nice Rose wine for £18!
  • bobdauilda wrote: »
    I went into the Llanishen branch yesterday and there were no Oakham chickens on the £10 rack despite being a few large ones in the usual place.

We got there at quarter past 10 this morning and they were sold out! (They had had a new delivery). Fancied a chicken as there would've been loads left over for stir fry and pasta sauce :(

But can't complain as we managed to get 3 meal deals (including one for my auntie, not being too greedy!). Loads of stock left, apart from the chicken.
  • dawnie1972dawnie1972 Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Went to my local store 1st thing this morning, only had salmon fishcakes main course left, and salad bowl side dish, only white wine left but good variety of desserts. Waited in the store for a bit as they were stocking up the shelves and managed to get

Salmon Fishcakes
    Asparagus veggie thing
    Profiterole dessert
    White Wine

Veg Mousaka
    Salad Bowl
    Fruit Tarts
    White wine

no chickens at all, no rose wine, no new potatoes.
    A home is not a home ..... without a dog :heart:
  • rose28454rose28454 Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    What happens if you dont want the wine. Both my oh and bil are recovering alcoholics as is my sis and I dont drink much either. On the leaflets it has a warning about being Drink Aware so surely they should offer a nonalcoholic drink aswell!
  • DreaDrea Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    I went to M&S in Edinburgh today and didn't see anything at all about this offer :(
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
  • bobdauildabobdauilda Forumite
    791 Posts
    rose28454 wrote: »
    What happens if you dont want the wine. Both my oh and bil are recovering alcoholics as is my sis and I dont drink much either. On the leaflets it has a warning about being Drink Aware so surely they should offer a nonalcoholic drink aswell!

I suggest you get together with some alcoholic anorexics in your local area and share the costs, that way you are all winners.:beer::rotfl:
    Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

Primum non noce!
  • rose28454rose28454 Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    bobdauilda wrote: »
    I suggest you get together with some alcoholic anorexics in your local area and share the costs, that way you are all winners.:beer::rotfl:

I kind of knew I would get that sort of response from someone. I am sorry I asked the question now.
  • DreaDrea Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    rose28454 wrote: »

I imagine if you asked them they wouldn't have a problem with it. Afterall, non alcoholic has got to be cheaper than the wine, right?
  • i went to m&s about 3 o'clock and was surprised that i managed to get anything but heres what I got:
    the 2 chicken breast in in the cheese and breadcrumbs
    the Broccoli and asparagus
    the lemon soufle (got the last one!)
    and bottle of white wine.
    did want a chicken but they were all gone..i will have to be there earlier next time :)
  • DreaDrea Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    Was there a sign or anything about the offer? I seen nothing at all... was quite dissapointed.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals