PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

50p a day til Christmas - healthily?! Weezl's next challenge...

Options

Comments

• weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again! the pots au chocolat seemed to work well, and are pretty cheap (although not the best bargain pudding!)

So here's how to make a batch of 12 (check you've got this many ramekins first eh?):

3 packets Asda smart price custard powder, made up according to instructions - 24p
    2 x 100g Ikea dark chocolate (cheaper than asda's own brand, less manky than tesco value dark chocolate) - melted.-80p

total £1.04, or 8.6p per serving. I reckon Mr Weezl gets a choccie craving once a week, so that's the next 12 weeks sewn up! :j

Whisk together 'til one homogenised brown colour:eek:! then pour into ramekins or little espresso cups. Chill, enjoy;)

Weezl x

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    Try here for seeds Weezl

http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/content/articles/2006/11/08/lullingstone_tom_tips_feature.shtml

Yategirl hope you liked the cake?!

ISOM dont panic it sounds scary but its not you just need to be careful

I am bit busy now will pm you the actual recipe i used tomorrow if thats ok ,oh if you do the one i gave link to it takes ages to thiken but you can use a stick blender but watch for splashes

Shaz(putting new greenhouse up in the rain???)
    Shaz
  • redsquirrel80
    redsquirrel80 Posts: 12,457 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Weezl, the choc puds sound lovely! As per my signature, you've inspired me to try and feed myself for £150 between now and Christmas (with an additional £20 drinks budget).. the lovely Karmacat over on DFW is joining me on this as well!

Avocet - I've tried a bit of the still warm cordial mix and it tastes quite nice.. maybe a little bit sweet for my taste but will see what it's like when cold, can always add a drop of lemon juice. I'm also experimenting with an alcoholic sort of version, with some Tesco cheapie Vermouth (£2.60 a bottle), with mint and lemongrass stuck in, put in the freezer.. sort of similar to flavoured vodka etc - it's an attempt to spend less on wine!

I've also had an attempt at cereal bars tonight using some value bran flakes, bananas, oats, and jam... mushed up, spread into a container and microwaved for five mins.. more cake like than crunchy, but should help those 'sweet thing' cravings. My other efforts tonight involved pickling some leftover tired looking cabbage, and chopping the huge straggly tops off some of my homegrown onions and cutting these up to use in place of 'real' onions in cooking.
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
  • Yategirl
    Yategirl Posts: 839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Yategirl hope you liked the cake?!

Hi Shaz, cake tasted lovely.. but was rather "wet" at the bottom... the skewer did come out clean when I tested it..... any thoughts?
  • queen_of_string
    Options
    Hi everyone, loving the new thread. Quick question for you, the wind has blown about half of my cherries, half ripe off the tree at work. Is there anything I can do with them?

Looking forward to tales of foraging, pickling and bottling over the coming weeks, maybe even some glut management :-)
    Eat food, not edible food-like items. Mostly plants.
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    ohh yes queen of string cherry vodka! Great for Christmas!! Just get cheapie vodka (mid range rather than the cheapest) or gin, wide topped sealable jars and some sugar. If you google a recipe will pop up but sure you can use the measures I posted on the old thread...the rasp vidka was so yummy I had to put it out of reach!!
    Choc sound yummy but doubt its a slimming world recipe! Have you tried the leftover ones from the party? Just wondered what they were like without the pastry?! (ie bet you couldnt pick em up with a form & wave em about could you eh!!)
    Shaz thats fine just email when you get a mo! I've got all the ingredients now but I suspect, like you, have run out of steam! How is the greenhouse going?!! My wee 4ft 6 one (79 from B&Q!) too 3 people a whole day to put up & it was a further w/e for the base! Adopt-a-husbands are great though, although they dont half eat!! This wasnt a weezl one BTW!! Hope you finish it ok...mine was a mare & almost ended in tears as my dyslexic brain tried to accomodate complex instructions & failed miserably! Hugs for you!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Bunny200
    Bunny200 Posts: 627 Forumite
    Options
    I'll add my blog address to my profile- warning, I've been busier at work thn I thought and there's only two posts so far! There's more on this thread!!!

Sorry I'm sure its obvious but I can't see where the blog address is. Can you point me in the right direction, I'm sure its staring me in the face!
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely cordial recipes. I have used both different flavoured cordials in the following recipe for special occasions [I have varied it according to what's been available although the original used elderflower- I have adjusted the icing accordingly so it compliments the sponge]
    225g softened butter [or marg] 200g caster sugar, 4 medium eggs, 4 tbsp cordial 225g SR flour
    Preheat oven to 180C. Grease cake tins. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add cordial. Sift in flour. Bake 20-25 mins
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    wow this sounds amazing. not sure i could do it. but i'm more than willing to keep and eye on here and pick up lots of tip's. if i even save justa little then thats a great start. gonna read your other thread aswell for more tip's.
  • phizzimum
    phizzimum Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't keep up with the last challenge so I'm looking forward to following this one. Next time I see those annoying Jamie Oliver ads (feed your family for a fiver - a fiver!) I shall be thinking of you!
    weaving through the chaos...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport