Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• LPG_info
    Options
    With respect to Little Vermin's comments - Have to careful about taking an unsubstantiated view as gospel.
    Calor would always have a large say in the UK LPG industry as they have a significant market share.
    As for the reasons why the independent company was removed - I heard it was for other reasons - with the first UK twitter libel case forcing a mayor to pay £53K in damages - I suppose we should be careful what we say.
  • SD-253
    SD-253 Posts: 314 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2011 at 10:34AM
    Options
    Originally Posted by brandeberryj viewpost.gif
    Below is the site for all the companies that will deliver to you:-http://www.uklpg.org/supplier-search/search.php

All suppliers put there details on here as they would lose sales if they didn't.

<snip>

Wrong. ALL suppliers do NOT "put there details on here".

As HateLPG wrote in post #751:
    I am so surprised you contradict me, I really am!

The membership fee for UKLPG for suppliers depends on volume -
    Therefore a small company would pay less and therefore it would be worth them going on? Plus they would get far more business. Now maybe not all companies are on but any company that isn't would in my humble opinion be fairly incompetent?????? I checked yellow pages and found only 3 in as opposed to 7 companies that were on the LPG site.
    His company were thrown out for some months (allegedly for being transparent about prices)
    Now come on "allegedly for being transparent about prices" how could that get you thrown of the site? Surely extra gas (I think this is the name of the firm in Manchester who have the price on the site) would have been thrown of? You know this bloke could have been telling whoppers
    Let's try and make sure the info on this forum is correct!
    All right you don't like me but that is just being petty. Again I can see no reason for any company not to be on that site. It would be just illogical not to do so?
  • SD-253
    edited 20 March 2011 at 10:19AM
    Options
    LPG_info wrote: »
    With respect to Little Vermin's comments - Have to careful about taking an unsubstantiated view as gospel.
    Calor would always have a large say in the UK LPG industry as they have a significant market share.
    As for the reasons why the independent company was removed - I heard it was for other reasons - with the first UK twitter libel case forcing a mayor to pay £53K in damages - I suppose we should be careful what we say.

I was recently in hospital with epilepsy by the time I was playing again I had been in hospital with blood poisoning. Rumors soon change what really happened to something that didn't. As stated above nothing can be believed unless you were there or truly in the know.
  • SD-253
    edited 20 March 2011 at 10:24AM
    Options
    GrandadRob wrote: »
    Telephone rang, gentleman asked for me by name. Said could I spare a few minutes to answer some questions...................at that point started to put the phone down.............then heard the word LPG.........He was reprived. Said he was from Ipsos/Mori Poll. He was conducting a poll on behalf of the "LPG industry" Would I be interested in answering some questions. So I agreed.
    Questions to be answered 1 to 10... 1 really awful, 10 magnificient.

Questions started, who was my current supplier...Flogas. There then followed about 10 questions relating to Flogas and their prices, customer service etc etc. All of which I tried to give a score of minus 100, but was only allowed to score as 1. Then an interesting section....had I heard of Calor Gas, did I ever think of using them, etc etc......(poll on behalf of who ?) Then was I in or out of contract, and more.
    Took about 10 minutes, someone else's call, chance to wreak revenge on Flogas, felt good at the end.
    They said they had got my details from Flogas.......
    Anyone else had this, or is it just the Flogas SAS team targetting me.

Hi is it Flogas or Calor Gas asking the questions? Either way at the very least it is immoral and definitely lying "Ipsos/Mori Poll. He was conducting a poll on behalf of the "LPG industry." Yeah right he was. Flogas would know you were near the end of your contract so maybe Calor has been sold some info by a Flogas staff member or he/she had moved to Calor taking the info with them?
  • SD-253
    Options
    Wrong. ALL suppliers do NOT "put there details on here".

As HateLPG wrote in post #751:

As he/she says: the website is the "best initial port of call" but then try Yellow Pages or a web search. Good luck, Dee0!
    I tried yellow pages I tried google. Still only 3 companies as opposed to lpg suppliers site with 7
  • SD-253
    Options
    DAVID.T wrote: »
    To answer the question directly there is no limit to annual consumption where no further reductions in price are available. Some large customer who use 10 tonne per day (20,000 lts) pay just a few tenths of a penny on cost. What is important is where are the people in the consortium, if they are spread out then there is no great benefit to the gas company.
    Have to agree with you there if the consortium was all in your village and everyone was willing to have a fill/top up at the same time AND there was maybe 10 of you then they might knock a penny off. Better to look for a good price than go through all that effort to save a penny?
  • SD-253
    Options
    Surely frankie, we all pay? i.e. NONE of us can escape from supporting Flogas (unless of course you pay no tax). Maybe we should all with-hold a portion of our tax? ...until HM gets a cheaper supplier. But maybe she gets a very sweet deal?

We also pay extra for our LPG because I suspect that Flogas is a baseline for what other companies think they can charge???
  • GrandadRob
    GrandadRob Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    I have just completed an online form at Ipsos/Mori asking if the interview on the phone was indeed from them, and if so, who was paying for it, considering that Calor was mentioned in several questions and never by me.
    I will of course post the results.
  • LittleVermin
    LittleVermin Posts: 737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 June 2011 at 7:42PM
    Options
    .....<snip> ...
    I was talking to the MD of an independent LPG supplier earlier today and he said not all companies were members. I guess he should know!
    .......<snip>
    HateLPG advised - check out to see if there are other suppliers locally. As he/she says: the website is the "best initial port of call" <snip>
    Cornwall has two postcodes - TR and PL. I put examples of both into the UKLPG supplier search - and got the usual suspects.

I then googled and got Bennetts Fuels, based in Penzance - WHICH DID NOT APPEAR ON THE UKLPG LIST. Their website says they deliver across Cornwall.

Maybe someone will phone them tomorrow and tell them they are INCOMPETENT or STUPID? Maybe they will have gone bust? And their LPG tanker truck(s) - with their red and blue livery - up for sale? But I think the company is worth a few quid - so they know what they are doing and they probably aren't stupid!

Just ONE company which supplies LPG AND does not appear in the UKLPG list proves my (and HateLPG's ) point (see title of this post).

Apologies to 99% of forum readers for posting on this yet again.

And to quote myself:

Let's try and make sure the info on this forum is correct!

(And I apologise to 100% of forum readers for that vanity!)

HUMBLE PIE TIME.
    Three months ago I posted (above) that Bennetts Fuels of Penzance was NOT a member of UKLPG but DID supply bulk LPG. They don't - as I discovered when I dropped in and talked to the boss - so apologies. Unfortunately on a google search for bulk LPG they came up - and their website shows a bulk LPG tanker with a blue and red logo. It seems this was 'borrowed' from the Calor website - Bennetts sell Calor cylinders and use Calor's colours for their own logo.
  • LittleVermin
    LittleVermin Posts: 737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 March 2011 at 12:28AM
    Options
    Four mainland companies posting their bulk LPG prices on the web - and the price today:

Carver Gases:
    http://www.carvergases.co.uk/ - 51.9ppl

Extra Fuel:
    http://www.extrafuel.co.uk - 52.49ppl

Lister Gases:
    http://www.listergases.co.uk - 50ppl

LPGas Wales Direct:
    http://www.lpgaswalesdirect.co.uk - 49.9ppl

Also two island suppliers:

Manx Gas posts its bulk LPG prices (50.15ppl + 8.02ppl "Fuel Cost Adjustment"*) http://www.manxgas.com/downloads/tariffs.pdf

*What is the Fuel Cost Adjustment?
    This is an adjustment to the unit charge which is currently applied, as fuel costs are expected to be higher than the fuel cost benchmark.

Jersey Gas posts its bulk LPG prices (74.97ppl)
    http://www.jsygas.com/PDFs/jsygas_domestictariff.pdf

All the suppliers above are members of UKLPG
    ..... but if you know of any others (especially if they are NOT members of UKLPG), please add them.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback