Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• The_Hornet
    Options
    This is getting beyond a joke! :mad: Following the quoted letter at the end of August I just got this:
    Dear ....

It is with regret that I am writing to you to confirm an increase in the cost of LPG. Despite the wholesale LPG market enjoying a sustained period of stability in recent years, it has risen significantly during the past twelve months. Although we have made every effort to reduce the impact of these increases to our customers, we are unable to absorb these movements alone.

With immediate effect your LPG rate will increase by 3.5 pence per litre.

I understand that increases in the cost of utilities are always unwelcome and I am sorry that this action is necessary. Countrywide will continue to monitor the market closely and will reduce prices when it is possible to do so.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Roulstone
    LPG Product Manager
    Countrywide Farmers Plc.

I thought it might be a mistake but they have since confirmed it's ANOTHER increase using exactly the same excuse. As my contract ends towards the end of the year I hope I can last out until I can switch/renegotiate.
    The_Hornet wrote: »
    Well wouldn't you know! I just got the following email from my friends at CWF:

Dear Customer,

It is with regret that I am writing to you to confirm an increase in the cost of LPG. Despite the wholesale LPG market enjoying a sustained period of stability in recent years, it has risen significantly during the past twelve months. Although we have made every effort to reduce the impact of these increases to our customers, we are unable to absorb these movements alone.

From 1st September 2017, your LPG rate will increase by 3.5 pence per litre.

I understand that increases in the cost of utilities are always unwelcome and I am sorry that this action is necessary. Countrywide will continue to monitor the market closely and will reduce prices when it is possible to do so.

Seems odd that this email refers to a "Period of stability in recent years" when 6 months ago I was hit with a price rise due to INstability. Hmm.

So a total increase of nearly 27% since my 1 year fix ended. As my contract expires around the time I will need my next fill I feel a round of telephone calls coming up. :mad:
  • LPG_confused
    Options
    Pierre19 wrote: »
    Hi all ....

I've just switched using Robert Flaxman's LPG Save web-site

I've been a loyal Calor customer for over 14 years, So when out of contact, I contacted them for their best price to sign a new contract. They offered 0.37p variable and no free gas ....

So I rang around and LPG Save offered 0.31p fixed for 12 months with a maaximum increase of 0.05p in the second 12 months, and £150.00 of Free gas. £60.00 standing charge pa.

Flogas have been and topped me up with-out e even contacting them.

Happy for now.

P

Hi Pierre, Did LPG Save offer you any alternative supplier offers or just FLOGAS ?
  • Essexuser
    Options
    I changed suppliers using LPG Save (Robert Flaxman) back in May. All fully documented on here in earlier posts. Only gave a price from Flogas but that was by far the best offer available at the time. As mentioned above, all details in my earlier posts on the subject.
  • The_Hornet
    Options
    Pierre19 wrote: »
    Hi all ....

I've just switched using Robert Flaxman's LPG Save web-site

I've been a loyal Calor customer for over 14 years, So when out of contact, I contacted them for their best price to sign a new contract. They offered 0.37p variable and no free gas ....

So I rang around and LPG Save offered 0.31p fixed for 12 months with a maaximum increase of 0.05p in the second 12 months, and £150.00 of Free gas. £60.00 standing charge pa.

Flogas have been and topped me up with-out e even contacting them.

Happy for now.

P

I've had a similar experience with LPGSave. Following my experience with Countrywide (mentioned above) increasing my price to 41.5ppl I contacted several suppliers plus LPGSave and got several quotes ranging from 33ppl - 40ppl. Flogas quoted 34ppl.

Then LPGSave came in with 31.5ppl, £150 free gas, £40 M&S voucher and a second year increase of 5p. And yes, it was with Flogas as well.

Come next month when I can swap I shall certainly be following up that quote.
  • longforgotten
    Options
    Received a letter today dated 20 October 2017 saying increase with immediate effect of 3.5ppl. Previous letter stated increase of 3.5ppl from 1 September 2017.

So that's a whopping 7p increase in 40 days........

Since I've signed a 2 year deal, and I'm only just into my 2nd year, the price has gone up by 11.5ppl !!!! More fool me for not getting a fixed rate for at least part of the contract. So now will be paying 40.5ppl
  • collectors
    Options
    Calor Gas "What a shambles"
    I have joined Calor in the last few weeks & what an antiquated online experience that,s been. I filled out all my details on line & joined up with Calor. since then i have had to give all my details again to a local depot. Phone or post my direct debit details. Order by phone & get a delivery & now get a really misleading Calor Gas website with loads of wrong information on my account. If it wasn't for the free £250 gas deal i would of stayed at Flogas, a much better & less confusing website.
  • Protopia
    Protopia Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Received a letter today dated 20 October 2017 saying increase with immediate effect of 3.5ppl. Previous letter stated increase of 3.5ppl from 1 September 2017.

So that's a whopping 7p increase in 40 days........

Me too, though my contract is up in a month or so. Shopping around now.

Calor - 34p/l fixed for 12m plus £250 worth free (c. 735l) to switch. Standing charge £63/yr.
    Avanti - 36p fixed for 12m then capped to 3p increase per 6m. Standing charge £66/yr
    Extra Gas - 33p fied for 12m, then 37p for next 12m. Standing charge £75/yr.
    Park Gas - visiting Thursday to quote.
    Countrywide - waiting for call back
    Flogas - waiting for quote

All plus 5% VAT of course.
  • crdrummond
    Options
    Protopia, any update from Flogas? I'm currently bartering with them as they are trying to apply a 30% increase to my tariff....
    Or does anyone else have rates they have offered you for bulk tank LPG in the last week I can compare to please?
  • juneyes
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]AvantiGas
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]yr 1 £0.30 5% £0.35[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]yr2 1st half £0.33 5% £0.38[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]yr2 2nd half £0.36 5% £0.41[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Annual Chg £66.00 5% £69.30[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Countrywide
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]yr 1 £0.34 5% £0.39[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]yr2 1st half £0.37 5% £0.42[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]yr2 2nd half £0.40 5% £0.45[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Annual Chg £60.00 5% £63.00[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Extra Fuel
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]yr 1 £0.330 5% £0.38[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]yr 2 £0.370 5% £0.42[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Annual Chg £75.01 (didn’t say if incl vat)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Flogas
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]yr 1 £0.34 5% £0.39[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]yr 2 £0.39 5% £0.44[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Annual Chg £60.00 5% £63.00[/FONT]
  • Lumphammer1
    Options
    For several years, I have been with Callow who offered to copy Lister ANSI Tracker rate.

Just about to reorder (my last order being April 39.83p) and discovered that Lister (having been taken over by Avanti) no longer offer bulk LPG and that Avanti do not offer a Tracker product.

Contacted Callow to ask them how much my next order will be....

Told that Tracker no longer available and that they could not use that benchmark and said it would cost 46.95p for a full tank or if I ordered only 500litres 56.95p!

So, as Callow did not tell me that the Tracker product was no longer available, I have been effectively shifted to another tariff without being advised of it. I am now left with only 15% gas level and forced to order at whatever price they say.

Can Callow do this?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure