Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• longforgotten
    longforgotten Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    Options
    Word is Countrywide are looking for a buyer, could be Mole Valley Farmers or Wynnstays.........the other word is CWF is going bust !

I'm buying LPG from them so I wonder what will happen next.
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    https://www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk/Blog

"Countrywide therefore announces today that it has appointed advisors PwC to explore a potential sale of the Retail business. The Retail business consists of 53 Country Stores supported by a field sales team and back office teams enabled by the newly implemented Multichannel/ERP system. It is not anticipated that the Rural Energy - LPG or Turf and Amenity businesses will be impacted by this decision."
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Monthly LPG pricing for May. The Woldlink price has been confirmed at 26.99ppl + 5% VAT, down from 27.78 in April.
  • Lpgnewbie
    Lpgnewbie Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Essexuser wrote: »
    Interesting development in my search for cheaper gas.

When I started researching the market a couple of moths ago, I contacted a couple of potential gas sources, one of which was LPG Save. Anyway, I didn't hear back from them so assumed they weren't interested and contacted Woldlink.

Well this morning I received a letter from LPG Save and they provided a quote for 31.5ppl fixed for 12 months with a maximum 5ppl increase for the last 12 months, plus £150 free gas on changing over. What is interesting is that the quote comes from Flogas who would be the actual supplier. As most of you know, Woldlink use Flogas as their supplier and the price quoted is some 3.5ppl cheaper than Woldlink.

It appears that LPG Save is an "independant" broker run by a chap called Robert Flaxman. He admits that he receives a "small switch fee from your new supplier", which I suppose is fair enough - no one works for nothing.

So I'm now in a bit of a quandary, on the one hand I like Woldlink's transparent and honest approach but on the other I don't think I can ignore the savings offered. The next move will therefore be to give Woldlink a ring on Tuesday and see what they say.

Anyone any views on LPG Save?
    Hi
    FYI - One of the Sales Directors for Flogas was a Robert Flaxman - maybe one and the same ?
  • LittleVermin
    LittleVermin Posts: 737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 May 2017 at 9:25PM
    Options
    Yes, it seems to be the same man.
    I hope that helps. Always pleased we can shine a little light in the fog of the LPG 'market'!

He's on LinkedIn here

[BTW, when Woldlink was charging its customers 20ppl, Flogas - its sole supplier - was charging Woldlink 14ppl. We know this because a Woldlink person let it slip during a conversation with a forum user (who shall remain anonymous!). So even at Woldlink's prices there's a little bit of fat ... which is where RF comes in, I guess].
    Lpgnewbie wrote: »
    Hi
    FYI - One of the Sales Directors for Flogas was a Robert Flaxman - maybe one and the same ?
    Essexuser wrote: »
    Interesting development in my search for cheaper gas.

When I started researching the market a couple of moths ago, I contacted a couple of potential gas sources, one of which was LPG Save. Anyway, I didn't hear back from them so assumed they weren't interested and contacted Woldlink.

Well this morning I received a letter from LPG Save and they provided a quote for 31.5ppl fixed for 12 months with a maximum 5ppl increase for the last 12 months, plus £150 free gas on changing over. What is interesting is that the quote comes from Flogas who would be the actual supplier. As most of you know, Woldlink use Flogas as their supplier and the price quoted is some 3.5ppl cheaper than Woldlink.

It appears that LPG Save is an "independant" broker run by a chap called Robert Flaxman. He admits that he receives a "small switch fee from your new supplier", which I suppose is fair enough - no one works for nothing.

So I'm now in a bit of a quandary, on the one hand I like Woldlink's transparent and honest approach but on the other I don't think I can ignore the savings offered. The next move will therefore be to give Woldlink a ring on Tuesday and see what they say.

Anyone any views on LPG Save?
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just refilled with HBS, 1000l at 30ppl.

That's now 2 years at the same price.
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Monthly LPG pricing for June. The Woldlink price has been confirmed at 25.55ppl + 5% VAT, down from 26.99ppl in May:T
  • John7676
    Options
    Having got lots of valuable info from this forum in the past I have decided to make my own contribution. Just been offered 33p/litre for 1st year plus £250 credit from Calor to which my existing supplier (Flogas) has responded with a reduction from 37.5p/litre to 32.5p/litre but no credit! Are prices falling?
  • kazzy45
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get out of a contract where the prices charged are 10ppl dearer than they are offering new customers. ( 43ppl versus 33ppl for new customers plus credits applied to the account) The supplier is Calor by the way. Seems we are all being ripped off!
  • Essexuser
    Essexuser Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Par for the course I'm afraid. You need to carefully read the Ts&Cs of your contract but it's unlikely you can do much about it apart from leave at the end of the contract. I would however ring and write to them setting out your displeasure and telling them you will definitely be leaving as soon as you are contractually able. You never know.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback