PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Got two stars Ive got two stars....whhhhoooooo

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • Sosh
    Sosh Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Was almost as nsd, until I remembered that I have to go back to work tomorrow after 10 months on maternity leave :eek: . I needed some apples for my packed lunch so had to pop into Mr T and only got apples, spent £1.03. I would have got the value ones, but they were granny smiths and I can't stand them, too bitter for me.

I've also spent nearly £900 in the last 30 mins :eek: , thankfully not part of gc. It sounds a lot, but considering I brought an entire kitchen, I don't think it's too bad.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Sophie
    Thanks to all the lovely people on here I have managed to cut my hours down to 2 days a week, allowing me to spend more time with my gorgeous Children. :j
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't have time to cook all my 'twinks' at once so squashed the mixture into a sausage and put it in the fridge, when I came back it was pretty solid and I just sliced it thinly and put it straight on the tray. Would be good to have for those biscuit 'emergencies', I know that in america you can buy cookie dough so this could be the OS version :)

What a good idea! I think I'll do this in future, then I don't have to cook them all at once and have them all eaten in a couple of days (I'm as bad as the rest of my family I must confess :rotfl:). I can spread them out over a week.
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    annelouise wrote: »
    Love seeing all these new folks on the various threads I visit,the world will soon be a better place by gum.

annelouise

You've mentioned marmalade muffins in a couple of your posts, which sound really yummy. I could adapt my usual muffin recipe (which is vegan). If I make muffins using 1 1/2 cups of flour, what sort of proportion of marmalade do you think I should use? Sorry if this sounds like a really thick question :D
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    we3rainy02hl5ki3.gif

Good night all
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• jackiegibbo
    jackiegibbo Posts: 603 Forumite
    Options
    a nsd for me today,went swimming with my 9yr old daughter and used a kellogs voucher so got in for free(i wasnt swimming) and my friend bought me lunch:D ......night night everyone

and good luck with your challenges:beer: :beer:
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have been letting the family go to the shops for the updates so I amnot sure we had any good savings this month. I have had a bit of a rough ride and was burgled this week, so all my money off coupons went with my savings tin/and my purse. so its back to the beginning for me. Also all those loyalty cards have gone to dust..
    I never thought of having to log their numbers down. So all of that will have gone to waist. i.e. my boots vouchers, hmv, odean and mega bowl stuff, we are over half way through the year, where I had most of the xmas presents sussed. Now its all gone. Wasted.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mooloo can you not contact them and they transfer the points over to a new card.
  • Herewegoagain
    Herewegoagain Posts: 2,370 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I have been letting the family go to the shops for the updates so I amnot sure we had any good savings this month. I have had a bit of a rough ride and was burgled this week, so all my money off coupons went with my savings tin/and my purse. so its back to the beginning for me. Also all those loyalty cards have gone to dust..
    I never thought of having to log their numbers down. So all of that will have gone to waist. i.e. my boots vouchers, hmv, odean and mega bowl stuff, we are over half way through the year, where I had most of the xmas presents sussed. Now its all gone. Wasted.

Oh what bad luck, have a hug hon, wont fix anything but may help you feel a bit better xx:cool:
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • Sian_the_Green
    Sian_the_Green Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Options
    Hi nikki, thanks for the great link - i got some good ideas for mixing things up like you do and some peeps had evn kindly posted their menus so will be adapting that. Then I will have to look up recipes and work out my shopping list - maybe the first wee shopping will be a lot but hopefully it will even out as i begin to have more in the storecupboard to use.
    tf xx

I think it's great that you are deciding to join in with this challenge, I think your determination will be more than enough to see you through and I know from personal experience that when you make something from a recipe it tastes so much better than ready made and there is a real glow of pride around it too. I really experiment with my cooking and just shove random veg in and tip in some herbs whenever I feel like it. I would start with learning how to cook some basic sauces that you can tweak - tomato sauce (pizza topping, pasta sauce, bolognaise, base for stew/casserole...), white sauce (okay, I am still learning how to do this but it would be nice with lasagne, potato bake, pasta bake,...) etc and then try adding different things and see how it works. I have learnt loads from this thread, look forward to you sharing your first recipe too :)
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family