July 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 305.5K views

Replies

• Thanks for that - i will get the hang of this eventually!! Loved the sound of your meal tonight - thats what I need - Inspiration!!!!
    Thanks for the hunk -too young for me though!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TFxx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last

DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• MissPinMissPin Forumite
    23 Posts
    Evening all..just before I sign off for the night I thought I would just share..mainly to get it off my chest heehee!!

After a long and tedious day at work I spent an hour on the phone with BT to try and get our phone bill/broadband at a decent price as I am SURE we are being ripped off... but that has nothing to do with groceries. Eventually I got through to a human who may have helped me..time will tell!

Had a good root around the cupboards and made an informed shopping list, gathered all my re-usable bags and set off to Mr T's which is about a 30 mile round trip.

Got to Tesco. Parked. Got trolley. Walked in. Looked in my bag......no wallet. :rotfl:

Not lost ( thankfully) but sitting at home next to the phone!

In the end I couldn't be bothered driving back to Tesco so I went to Mr M's which is just down the road but it's MUCH smaller and doesn't have the choice or any decent whoopsies ( did get some big Naan breads for 59p though)...anyway moral of the story is...when life gives you lemons...make lemon cupcakes and eat 4 to cheer yourself up.

Here's to a good Thursday!:rolleyes:
    GC July £110/£97.21 already spent:rolleyes:

GC August £100/£87.98 already spent:eek:
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    good night everyone

goodnight-23.gif
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    AngelNikki - Just a thought, You are the wizz kid on this thread would there be any kind of post where we could all add our name and best wishes for Mrs M?
    DINK1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • zoe260373 wrote: »
    your welcome chick,how are you feeling now?x

Browned off is as polite as I can keep it, thanks for asking hon xx
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Before I forget....someone--Ragz m'be:rolleyes: ---was talking about a tin big enough to bake bread.

I just make a rough 'bloomer' shaped loaf on a floured baking sheet, for a bigger loaf. HTH.x
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• zoe260373zoe260373 Forumite
    868 Posts
    Browned off is as polite as I can keep it, thanks for asking hon xx
    awww,you going on night owls? if so and you fancy a chat just let me know,either way,keep your chin up,i know ive no idea whats wrong etc but here if you wana offload.x
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • zoe260373zoe260373 Forumite
    868 Posts
    BigMummaF wrote: »
    Before I forget....someone--Ragz m'be:rolleyes: ---was talking about a tin big enough to bake bread.

I just make a rough 'bloomer' shaped loaf on a floured baking sheet, for a bigger loaf. HTH.x
    ive been looking for a big loaf tin too,now...why didnt i think of that!!???:confused: cheers,what a cracking idea:j
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • tq16tq16 Forumite
    233 Posts
    Hi all, been too long since I have logged on, have managed to read about 20 pages but shattered and just can't get any further.
    Have just moved home after 6 months living with my dad due to fire on christmas eve, feels so good to be back and have gone baking crazy. Have also just handed in my notice at work so really need to keep track of money and keep spending to a minimal, looking forward to spending more time with dd's though.
    Off on school trip tomorrow with dd1, so at her request have just made apricot muffins and cheese scones. My husband who was working upstairs keeps appearing to see if he can help with taking them out of oven!!! :-)
    Will try and log on tomorrow and catch up with all your posts. Hope everyone is well? massive hugs to all those who need them. x
    (Family of 5: 2 adults & 3 children aged 7yrs, 4yrs, and 18months)
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    tq16 wrote: »
    Hi all, been too long since I have logged on, have managed to read about 20 pages but shattered and just can't get any further.
    Have just moved home after 6 months living with my dad due to fire on christmas eve, feels so good to be back and have gone baking crazy. Have also just handed in my notice at work so really need to keep track of money and keep spending to a minimal, looking forward to spending more time with dd's though.
    Off on school trip tomorrow with dd1, so at her request have just made apricot muffins and cheese scones. My husband who was working upstairs keeps appearing to see if he can help with taking them out of oven!!! :-)
    Will try and log on tomorrow and catch up with all your posts. Hope everyone is well? massive hugs to all those who need them. x

Welcome back tq16 - bet you're glad to be home. We lived with my mum for 6 months when we lost our house, I love her to bits but was SOOOO glad to get a home of our own again, don't think we would both be alive if we were still there ..... :D:D
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered