July 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 305.5K views

Replies

• nellis10nellis10 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Spent £4.85 yesterday on 4L of milk, 1 loaf of bread, a reduced to clear packet of biscuits (ooo forgot about those, will ahve a cuppa now...:j ) and a little treat for DS!

Can you beleive it a fiver on hardly anything!! But it was from the local shop and I didn't need enough to warrant a big shop! But I am still under budget for the month which is a revelation!!!
    Nat
    Goals:
    Baby Step 1 = £1000 EF :heart2:
    Baby Step 2= Debt Free by Apr 2017 :heart2:
    Baby Step 3 = Full EF :heart2:
    Mortgage Free by 2023!!
  • Ooh, i'd have swung for him! In future maybe leave a wee note on it if its for something in particular. Maybe along the lines of 'Dont eat me you greedy sod?';)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :T
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • patentgirl wrote: »
    Morning all

Havent had to time to update for ages this thread grows and grows must have pages to catch up on feel I have to though or I might miss a good recipe or tip from all you lovely people on here, done alot better this month with the help of Aldis and farm foods with the odd bits from Mr T and better menu planning plus trying to cut down on the wine as this comes out of my shopping budget, hope Mrs M is ok looking forward to seeing her back on here when she feels up to it.
    OH went prawning last night so gots loads of free prawns for tea having them with salad and new pots yummy
    managed 4 NSD days in a row now did go to see mama mia last night (brilliant only time I have been to cinema and everyone clapped at the end and sung) but my friend paid for me only £3 a bargain anyway, as I drove and petrol comes under different budget
    keep up good work everyone promise to try and be on here more often.

Wow, DP is always going to take me prawning but still haven't got there, good on you:beer:
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • Mummygem, hope the naming day goes well, I still remember when I had my boys done, wow and all that cooking.:j

Bargain Rzl, sorry ur going til oct, will see you back then good luck til then:D

Well done Twinks:j

Welcome back Tg16, Home sweet Home eh, enjoy:j

Mandy moo, keep ur chin up girl, there's always something. It'll all come out in the wash(or so my mummy says,bless her):beer:

Ifonly, hope you feel better soon, don't forget to get the tissues with Balsam stops nose glowing:D

I did spend yesterday £2.50 Taking mr into cafe for his weekly treat, bless him, and £4.61 on a few whoopsies/special offers, will up date sig in a min. Only 11days left for me as startedon 28th June /29th july

Love and hugs to everyone specially those like me who need it at the mo xx
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi there folks

will have to hurry as I am being harrassed by the cat because I am sitting in what he says is his chair,, and as he hasjust come in and got dried.

af1catgr0149baskethlpl5.gif

I will be declaring at the end of the week and hopefully it looks like I will be inside my limit I dont think I will be buying any more this week,, fingers crossed,,
    4kku9ut_th.gif

see you later
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• patentgirlpatentgirl Forumite
    974 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Herewegoagain it is good fun, all the kids used to love it when they were smaller only DD15 goes occasionally now nothing beats coming back and eating them with some fresh bread and its free!!
    Frugal challenge 2021
    Yearly food challenge 2021 £3200 spent £434.50
  • Morning All!

Haven't been on all week as Mum had an accident of the falling kind on Sunday and I have been too busy catching up with everything to get time on here :mad:

KaatLady- you are really clever with the piccies-- there is even a piccie of my Archie cat a couple of pages back! Had the shock of my life! :eek:

Hope everyone else is okay- and if not ((((((hugs)))))-- is there any MrsMc news?

AngelNikki-- I am declaring on 197.66 (why is it never a round number) as my new challenge will start tomorrow-- if you are still the in-charge person please put me down for £220 please :D (extra persons this month to feed!)

Will try to keep up from now on (too scary to try to catch up on what I have missed!)

Axx
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • Just had a look at that link posted, it seems to give you all the ingredients etc but then where it says method it is blank? Not sure if i'm doing something wrong?

Hi there,

Thanks for spotting the missing text after the "method". Just to let you know that this is currently being rectified.

In response to another poster - yes - we are very much genuine!

Thanks again.

Ian
    webooks
  • OrkneyStarOrkneyStar Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,
    Firstly, hugs to all who need them, welcome all newbies, and a big smile to everyone else!
    Yesterdays NSD went to plan :) and so did the NCD (no choccie day), however there was no NCN (no choccie night) so cannot really count it lol. I gave in to the temptation and had a few (:eek: ) celebrations from the massive tin we got at Christmas (it has been refilled with a small carton once). Not too bad but not too good either lol! DS was asleep, DH was out and so I lay on the sofa watching crap telly and eating, then knitting!
    I made the pineapple salsa and it was yum- I will post it once I can be bothered adding all the changes I made!
    Beef casserole in slow cooker now, could not find a decent curry recipe for slow cooker so will make stew today and then add the curry bits tomorrow to the leftovers and cook on the hob!
    Need to do some more baking, not sure what, maybe a nice fruit loaf or something.
    Hoping for another grocery (and everything else if possible) NSD. Our July runs til Wed 30th and hoping not to spend too much more so we come in at least on, and hopefully under, budget.
    :wave:
    :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls
  • SoshSosh Forumite
    175 Posts
    Ooh, i'd have swung for him! In future maybe leave a wee note on it if its for something in particular. Maybe along the lines of 'Dont eat me you greedy sod?';)

I did tell him not to eat it, but it seemed to go in one ear and out the other :rolleyes: . Next time, I'll use your suggestion.

went to Mr A today. Managed to get everything for £26.32. I shouldn't need anything else before next friday, so should come in well under budget. :p
    Thanks to all the lovely people on here I have managed to cut my hours down to 2 days a week, allowing me to spend more time with my gorgeous Children. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals