July 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 305.5K views

Replies

• tq16tq16 Forumite
    233 Posts
    Welcome back tq16 - bet you're glad to be home. We lived with my mum for 6 months when we lost our house, I love her to bits but was SOOOO glad to get a home of our own again, don't think we would both be alive if we were still there ..... :D:D

Thank you :-) have managed some how to keep to challenge so far, not sure how but :-) Dad was great but 6 months def long enough. will always be so grateful that he could squash us in though, the alternative was B&B or hotel!!
    (Family of 5: 2 adults & 3 children aged 7yrs, 4yrs, and 18months)
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    tq16 wrote: »
    Thank you :-) have managed some how to keep to challenge so far, not sure how but :-) Dad was great but 6 months def long enough. will always be so grateful that he could squash us in though, the alternative was B&B or hotel!!

Aren't parents wonderful :D ... We were the same, B&B in an awful area or my Mum's, so like you, I'm eternally grateful.
    What made you hand in your notice? just fed up with the rat race? Best of luck in whatever you're doing instead and enjoy the time off.

EDIT: Ooooh, sorry, bit nosey that....
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • gunsandbanjosgunsandbanjos Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    Sosh wrote: »
    I am sooooo mad. This morning, I used my last eggs to make a cake for dd's playgroup party in the morning. When I got back from my Mums, dh said he didn't want any tea tonight as he'd stuffed his face on the cake I'd made. He's EATEN HALF :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thank God for twinks :p

Ooh, i'd have swung for him! In future maybe leave a wee note on it if its for something in particular. Maybe along the lines of 'Dont eat me you greedy sod?';)
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    Morning GUys,

HOpe everyone has a great day. has to be a nsd today as virtually run out of budget! :eek:

Dink1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    TG16 - welcome back, sorry to hear about the fire, hope you get settled back quickly
    Dink1
  • dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    Just a quickie does anyone have the recipe for teacake bread? and can it be made in my BM?
  • mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    mornin all om this miserable wet mornin...........did somebody forget that this is summer? :confused: i'm sick of all these gloomy days........we all want some sunshine!

kaat lady i love all your smiley animations...they really make me smile :D

i've just put my first lot of buns to rise, and another lot of dough in the BM to make some more. DS15 eats about 6 a day when he's off school :eek:

having an NSD today, as i won't be going anywhere near any shops. don't need anything anyway. had an estimate to fix my fridge freezer....£55....so i'm trying to save as much as i can these next couple of weeks to pay for it. i don't have any other budgets as i'm on benefits, so when i need something repairing etc it has to come out of my grocery money. having a good week so far tho so i should be able to get it fixed in the next couple of weeks

right, am off to start the hwork....just hope this rain can hold off long enough for me to walk the dogs :rolleyes:

hope you all have a good day xx

• mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    dink1 wrote: »
    Just a quickie does anyone have the recipe for teacake bread? and can it be made in my BM?

do you mean teacakes? or raisin bread, Dink?

• JustamumJustamum Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My weekly budget is #84.45 (yes it should be a pound sign!) but I'm averaging out at #97.27 so far. Mind you that's much, much better than I have been doing when I've had a monthly budget. I blame last week. I went into Mr Ts and bought some frozen vegetarian stuff (and had to use my card as I'd run out of cash for the week :o), but it should keep us going for a bit. Most months I've been at least #100 over :eek: so I am improving.

• dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    MandyMoo - Teacakes I guess... why is it different?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals