PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Brie. need some recipe ideas

Options
Hi everyone. Been bargain hunting in Tescos and bought 6 packs of Brie. Just need to know what to do with it now. Sensible suggestions only please :D

Comments

• scoobylou_3
    Options
    oh and some stilton nearly forgot.
  • quietheart
    quietheart Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do a ridiculously simple Brie meal: boil some pasta, drain it, add some just steamed brocolli, throw in some chunks of brie, put a lid on the pan and give it a few minutes for the brie to melt in (doesn't need to be on the heat, just make sure the pasta is just drained from boiling). Give it a stir up and you have a lovely creamy brie and brocolli pasta, kids love it!
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    They should be OK in the freezer for a couple of months.
    Particularly if you defrost them in the refrigerator slowly.
    Or maybe if you are going to use them for cooking only partially defrost them, does make brie easier to handle if it's partially frozen.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    Bacon and brie melts are nice - get some bread rolls/bread of your choice (white, granary..) fry/grill bacon, split rolls in half top with bacon, top with cheese, grill until cheese melts, eat. :) yummmy!
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • blue-kat
    blue-kat Posts: 453 Forumite
    Options
    if there's too much to eat now, how about having a cook in to stock up the freezer?

broc + stilton soup

I had a very nice ready made dinner from Tesco, brie + potato bake.
    -
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You took the words right out of my mouth, Competitions, or rather the Brie and bacon melts, very tasty.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • chrislee765
    Options
    rovers thanks. I made my dinner today pasta, brie and some tuna instead of the brocolli. Bit of garlic bread... mmm.

Ive put the rest in the fridge.. could have for dinner tomorrow night (only need a light dinner after a roast dinner)

Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life.
  • quietheart
    quietheart Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    rovers thanks. I made my dinner today pasta, brie and some tuna instead of the brocolli. Bit of garlic bread... mmm.

Ive put the rest in the fridge.. could have for dinner tomorrow night (only need a light dinner after a roast dinner)

Great - must try that one myself!
  • lucylou
    lucylou Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Options
    how about fried brie with cranberry sauce?

Just beat an egg up dip brie and then cover in breadcrums and frie (or bake in oven) and add some cranberry sauce on the side:D
    half scottish half italian :100%moneysaver
  • Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We like it stuffed in mushrooms. Just take out the stalks from small button mushrooms (use stalks for soup or stock) stuff with brie, dip in egg, roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry. Lovely with a dollop of cranberry sauce and salad.
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure