Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,284Posts
    • 30,141Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - £449.60
Page 204
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 14th Feb 18, 9:12 AM
    • 3,476 Posts
    • 55,480 Thanks
    silvasava
    I got the 5 day change your password this morning so I tried to report it as it was obviously a glitch. Couldn't do that either so came out and played Scrabble for 15mins. Wasn't going to change my password again. Logged in and everything is back to normal...........for now.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 14th Feb 18, 9:26 AM
    • 5,154 Posts
    • 54,362 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Cocketts If you go into "User CP" in the bar above the posts, there's a list of "stuff" and the one nearly at the bottom is "Forum Version manager" which in theory should enable you to get back to the green version

HTH.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 14th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 43,764 Thanks
    monnagran
    Ah well, everyone seems to be in the same boat. I do resent being told that I am not who I think I am.

All my thoughts this morning are with fuddle. At least she knows that she has the right day this time. I do hope that she is seen quickly and not kept hanging about for hours.

Mar too, occupies a lot of my thinking at the moment. I do hope that you have a more comfortable day today.

I too loved the Shetland programme.
    Lucky you fuddle to be off to the Outer Hebrides. I had a friend who lived on Harris. She had a craft studio and used to run courses on spinning and dyeing with plant dyes, just the way they used to dye the wool for Harris Tweed. She used to send me wool for me to knit up into 'sheep' and 'highland cattle' tea cosies with matching egg cosies. I must have made thousands of the blooming things, they were very popular with tourists, especially American tourists and I could never keep up with the demand.
    Such a beautiful place to live, if the wind wasn't blowing and it wasn't raining, which was rare. Mind you, wild horses wouldn't have got me up there in the summer, the mosquitos were man eating monsters.

I'd better stop now. I am still having trouble with charging the tablet. It says that it is charging and the little battery icon at the top has its black lightning flash showing. but nothing is happening.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You can be a good person with a kind heart and still say no.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 14th Feb 18, 1:12 PM
    • 14,465 Posts
    • 136,129 Thanks
    mardatha
    Lovely fencers xx I'm fine. Sleeping, drinking tea & reading Fu Manchu. Howling screaming wind and 1C outside, seriously horrible day. We'd need lifelines today if we were standing at the Fence chatting!
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 14th Feb 18, 1:12 PM
    • 6,133 Posts
    • 93,291 Thanks
    fuddle
    Monna we've spoken about midge masks. we're putting our caravan on site in Scotland in few weeks. We've chosen a site that has lochs and forest on the doorstep. We're scratching our heads wondering why it's cheap... ahem, wally English

As you may have gathered I'm home. My antibodies are perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with my immunity! My lung function is within normal range and now my asthma is being questioned because my constant peak flow is very good (aways over 500 for asthmatics) while my breathlessness on hills and the stairs is still a problem. His thinking is the breathlessness is down to the high heart rate issue. I'm keeping on with asthma treatment to keep the variables constant while we get to the bottom of the heart stuff. He looked at the echo report and was able to put my mind at rest - the deterioration detected is minor.

I asked why I was picking up so many infections and it seems that my lungs are now a target because they're weakened by previous illness. I have to just keep going as I'm going (minor panic about the weightloss and worried about thyroid issues until I said I had done it on purpose) and get healthier and fitter.

My heart rate was 136bpm. He asked about my anxiety and was I medicated. I'm not and I'm wondering if the heart issue could be down to years of just muddling through with all the stuff. I have questions to ask the cardiologist next month anyway.

So fuddle's is a happy fuddley once again. I'm off to go sand down my mallet and stain it some then it's off to the orthodontist to get DD's brace in place. I've warned her that her mother tongue of speaking fast (it's a bit of a Durham thing) may well be hampered somewhat.
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 14th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    • 14,465 Posts
    • 136,129 Thanks
    mardatha
    "Off to sand down my mallet"... is this a Geordie custom when celebrating hen? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> running
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 14th Feb 18, 1:31 PM
    • 6,133 Posts
    • 93,291 Thanks
    fuddle
    We get up to all sorts here mar. I mean this evening DH is making some cheesy paste...

Fishing bait mar, fishing bait!
    • Cocketts
    • By Cocketts 14th Feb 18, 1:33 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    Cocketts
    Cocketts If you go into "User CP" in the bar above the posts, there's a list of "stuff" and the one nearly at the bottom is "Forum Version manager" which in theory should enable you to get back to the green version

HTH.
    Originally posted by ivyleaf
    Oh Yay! I'm back where I belong. Many thanks

Now, if I can just resurrect Lillibet Dripping I'll be a happy bunny x
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 14th Feb 18, 2:25 PM
    • 12,371 Posts
    • 217,478 Thanks
    greenbee
    Fuddle - breathlessness can be a symptom of iron deficiency. Have your had your serum ferritin tested (my breathing is appalling at the moment so I'm back on extra iron and vit C).
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 14th Feb 18, 2:27 PM
    • 5,154 Posts
    • 54,362 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Oh Yay! I'm back where I belong. Many thanks

Now, if I can just resurrect Lillibet Dripping I'll be a happy bunny x
    Originally posted by Cocketts
    No, I can't see any option to change your username either That's such a shame! x

So glad to hear the good news fuddle

monnagran I can think of more than one friend today's Thought applies to! Thank you x
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 14th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 35,844 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    I had the 5 day message this morning, but had to get to work, so left it, when I got back home, it was working as normal, no need to reset anything - weird....

Mini rant alert....

I was poorly at the weekend, we went to France and came back early Sunday morning, that’s when it started -but as you do, took some pills and cracked on with the post holiday washing, sorting for the work week, made soup, dinner blah blah blah still felt pants on Monday, but knew we were short staffed, so took more pills went in, made dinner for all when I got back, wacked some more washing in, fed cats etc ditto yesterday although feeling a bit better...

When I got home yesterday, Hubby was Home, feet up watching TV ‘stuff’ everywhere - he feels poorly so came home - like a good wife, I administered pills, water, sympathy.... he was off again today..

Now I don’t have an issue with him being poorly or off work, but why, WHY could he not manage to empty the dishwasher, feed the cats, empty the bins or put a wash on Apparently he didn’t know any of it needed doing.... but could make himself food, pop to shop for Lucozade and create a nest of glasses, plates, bottles etc around him but not work out the fact that the bin was so full he couldn’t fit anything in it, so left stuff next to it

Good job I love the PITA.....
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

February GC £250.00/ 218.00
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 14th Feb 18, 3:46 PM
    • 11,307 Posts
    • 157,444 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Way to go FUDS!!!

MAR I should think she sharpened the mallet (VERY old northern custom adopted from Viking times)and had it in her handbag in case the Consultant got out of line or said the wrong thing, good insurance policy methinks and as she didn't need to use it and might need it as a mallet in the future the sanding down to blunt it seems a sensible option! Of course there will be a surface application of cheese paste to ensure aesthetic excellence and preservation!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 14th Feb 18, 4:47 PM
    • 3,684 Posts
    • 43,402 Thanks
    camelot1001
    Pleased you got on ok fuddle, sounds like you're doing everything right. How are you feeling mar?

So far I have been lucky with the site sign in, just one change of password since last week.
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 14th Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 25,399 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    If there is not a shelter over the fence I'm not staying. I have not got warm since I got back from Farnworth about three hours ago. I will have to put the heater and my dressing gown on. I walked into the estate agents and two paws came up on the counter, and a black head appeared. Woof woof woof he said can I help you.

Then the estate agent came. I have the application in for the bungalow. Keep your fingers crossed or whatever. There are a few people wanting it. We will still keep looking.

We have had a reply from the housing association and they say we cannot swap the flat for a house we are only allowed a flat. Will have to keep looking for private then.

Fuddle iron deficiency could also cause your high pulse rate.
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 14th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    • 6,133 Posts
    • 93,291 Thanks
    fuddle
    I guess I have to trust that my iron levels have been tested and that I have satisfactory results. If I need meds it will be betablockers (if there's no asthma, something else if I need asthma meds) so I have to have faith that this path is the appropriate path for me and trust that an iron deficiency hasn't been missed but I will ask the question because I am very pale in complexion. Thank you
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 14th Feb 18, 7:00 PM
    • 9,018 Posts
    • 56,509 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Islandmaid - you should know by now that husbands need to have things spelled out cat-rat-mat for them as proactiveness and independent thought processes do not exist in their little worlds.

Nursemaggie - fingers crossed you get the place you want soon.

Fuddle - cheese paste? I know some folks get up to weird antics on Valentines Day, but really????
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash
    • Cocketts
    • By Cocketts 15th Feb 18, 7:39 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    Cocketts
    Just popping in to post and put us back on the front page again. x
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 15th Feb 18, 7:47 AM
    • 3,411 Posts
    • 41,503 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Thanks Cockette, I wondered where the thread had gone.
    I need to fill my water tank today as I've used a lot doing the washing.
    Apart from that I'm planning g on some sewing g and reading, such excitement!
    Hugs Fuddle and Mar, I hope Burtha is ok.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 15th Feb 18, 8:56 AM
    • 3,476 Posts
    • 55,480 Thanks
    silvasava
    Morning all - hope the weather is a bit kinder to you all today.
    Fuds - well impressed with your peak flow - on a very good day I can just about manage 350 and my asthma is considered well controlled!
    Mar - watched Shetland on Tuesday - what a cliff hanger - can't wait for the next episode.
    Right need to get my Arris in gear and help my ladies at Age Concern make sense of their laptops and tablets this morning. BTW did some more batch bakng yesterday cos the weather was pants. The Dutch apple cake was a dismal failure and looks like a biscuit - Good job DH will eat virtually anything!!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 15th Feb 18, 9:07 AM
    • 3,455 Posts
    • 4,863 Thanks
    bouicca21
    Fuds - like silvasava dead impressed by your peak flow. I'm also in the 350 on a good day range. It's not the asthma making you breathless!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,402Posts Today

9,416Users online

Martin's Twitter