What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 17/07

Options
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important :money:
DF as at 30/12/16
Womblng 2020:
NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 July 2017 at 10:51AM
    Options
    Morning :) yippee still have 3 days off :dance: and today I have a totally free day as madam goes to CM :dance: :beer: :dance:

Things to do today:

* nip into town and return a pair of joggers for madam's school uniform
    * return a dress - I do love it but don't feel it's "me"
    * clean upstairs, wipe down woodwork in kitchen - everything is sticky :eek:, wash kitchen & bathroom floors
    * list 6 things I have found to sell
    * [STRIKE]do meal plan using what's in and write up small shopping list[/STRIKE]
    * pop to the allotment this afternoon for a couple of hours :D
    * feed plants
    * might go for a swim and a sauna or use exercise bike and hot tub at home ;)
    * listen to audio book
    * make courgette cake, didn't do yesterday (or any of the other days I've said I'm going to....)
    * [STRIKE]paid cc is full[/STRIKE]

I need to start working on my cv and a covering letter for a position I'm interested in

Ok that's all. Have a great day guys x

Clootiesmum so sorry to hear of your sad news x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning determined and all that follow, thanks for starting us off :)

Thinking of you clooties mum

I'm just enjoying a coffee in the garden before the smalls wake up, the house is lovely and quiet. Some juggling today as I'm working at home but DH will need some sleep and the smalls are at home and will need entertaining in part. Will take them to library on my 'lunch hour'

Other things:
    Register for summers big read at library for smalls
    Collect 3 books of DD reading list that I've reserved
    Check fridge that nothing needs freezing
    Something out of freezer for tea tonight
    Check banking
    Check surveys, try and cash out again from a site that was saying my address was wrong yesterday
    Check julys plans and see how on track I am and what else I want to achieve and make a note
    Try for a run later even if it's just round the block and short
    Water veggies, buy tomato feed whilst out as I can't find any in garage
    Check to see if there is any rhubarb to pick
    Write birthday card list that I'll need to get for next few months so I can pop later in the week.
    Buy vacuum

Right, off to get on with the day. Enjoy.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MONEY MAKING AND SAVING SITES AS OFTEN MENTIONED IN THIS FORUM
    • Benefits check-up ( Link)
    • Coupon Shop Forum list of money-off coupons (Link)
    • Cooking On A Bootstrap, cheap recipes ( Link)
    • eBid ( Link)
    • Freecycle ( Link )
    • Free Postcode Lottery (Link)
    • FreeStuff ( Link)
    • FreeUKStuff ( Link)
    • Income Tax Calculator (Link)
    • i-Say Surveys (Link)
    • List of online newspapers. At bottom of the linked page. ( Link)
    • LuckyPhone free lottery with loyalty rewards (Link)
    • Marriage Tax Allowance (Link)
    • MSE Boost Your Income page. Gateway to lots of money-making links. ( Link)
    • MSE Abbreviations Explained ( Link)
    • MSE Deals and Vouchers ( Link )
    • MSE Wow Offers ( Link )
    • NHS Minor Ailment Service article (Link)
    • My Supermarket ( Link )
    • Number Plate Lotto (Link) New to this list
    • OnePoll ( Link )
    • Quidco ( Link)
    • Reclaim PPI at no cost to yourself without using a claims company. ( Link )
    • Resolver tool. Helps you draft a letter, send it, monitor replies and then escalate it to an Ombudsman or key complaint body if it's not sorted. (Link)
    • SayNoTo0870 cheap phone number finder ( Link)
    • Survey sites that pay for your opinions ( Link)
    • Swagbucks ( Link)
    • Swapit ( Link)
    • Tickety Split cheap train tickets (Link)
    • Toluna ( Link)
    • TopCashBack ( Link )
    • Wombling Guide (Link)
    • You Need A Budget site and App (Link)
    If any of the links are broken, let me know.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    edited 17 July 2017 at 12:14PM
    Options
    Hi July Joy-Seekers,

Sorry I've been AWOL. Mentally quite unwell at the moment, :( but let's see what I can achieve today.

I'm going to record things as I go them so this list will grow, hopefully.

Hugs ClootiesMum.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Checked online banking. I was over-paid last week so I have to watch for the money going back out.

* Keeping an eye on Broadband Allowance. This has been going well.

* Checked loyalty points. Clicked on the "250 points on your next BP fuel purchase button" on the Nectar loyalty points page.

* Deactivated my Quidco account. The last 5 transactions have all been declined so no good reasons. TopCashBack can have my business instead.

* Got £20 loyalty voucher from my spend-on-credit-card-and-immediately-repay-it card. Will use for getting clothes for forthcoming holiday.

* Did RM Surveys.

* Re-activated dormant Skype credit.

* DW and I cleaned sitting room with Stardrops and washable cloths. It had been left for a month. :o After 30 mins it's sparkling now.

* Had a shower not a bath.

* Drink loads of chilled tap water. I'm dehydrated to Dried Prune Level 5.

Stay brave, people.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all! Was so tempted just to stay in bed today but need every penny I can earn for the forthcoming lean month (or
    months.)

I have brought in a couple of sausage rolls from the freezer for lunch and one of my courgette and lemon muffins. I have everything in for doing courgette and anchovy spaghetti for dinner tonight.

I need to pop to prim@rk at lunchtime to get a new pair of jeans for DS.

I will try to accept my mortgage deal today, hopefully I can open it on the work computer with more software.

I applied for a local job last week, I sent some samples over at the weekend and got a reply saying they are beautiful but no interview arranged as yet, fingers crossed x
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • uphillstruggler
    uphillstruggler Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2017 at 12:05PM
    Options
    Morning, everyone.

Sending all the best to you, allydowd. I very much appreciate your money-saving lists and links, thank you.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Today I have/will:
    *[STRIKE]attack laundry pile[/STRIKE] done
    *pay money into bank
    *[STRIKE]check accounts[/STRIKE] done
    *check bike insurance status
    *no TV at the moment and only using n@tflix so cancel TV licence - tried but need other half to agree so will have to wait until he comes home from work
    *[STRIKE]find out what is eating my tomato plants...:eek:[/STRIKE] - powdery mildew...going to try baking soda as an initial solution
    *few items from town
    *work, work, work!

Have a good day all,
    US
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :hello:
    The first day of my return to normality after exams has hit me quite hard to be fair... I don't feel mentally well myself at the moment, which I think is the sudden stop after working so many hours for so many weeks.
    Hope that you're feeling better soon Ally, thinking of you. And you too Clootie'smum. Think I'd better give the kids an extra cuddle tonight as I've had a bit of a fractious weekend with them.
    Not too many plans for today, which is a good job because the plans that I did have are all up the wall. Got into work to find I can't access any of the school documents, plus my projector isn't working so can't do anything from computer or to the rest of the class. Plus I have been given cover for a sick colleague as well. So it will probably be better that I don't expect too much and just let today go how it seems to want to...
    Have a good one all - it's nice to be back on here. x
  • allydowd
    edited 17 July 2017 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Freebie

Free Grammarly auto proof-reader. Works nicely with Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Facebook and online forms like this Forum. Once installed it will flag up grammar and spelling errors and you can fix them with one click (Link)

News

Tax break for eBay sellers? (Link)

New Tesco Clubcards on their way (Link)

Offer

Buy cleaning products, get two cinema tickets. (Link)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon Campers,
    Got off to a good early start this morning but seem to have fizzled out now!
    *Watered & fed veggie garden.
    *Baked bread rolls & pizzas for tomorrow night when I'll be too tight for time to cook.
    *Did 1 competition & 1 prize draw.
    *Sorted out car tax online.....1st time since having a free-to-tax vehicle, which was a much nicer feeling than usual.
    *Did my mid-month budget check-in. I'm not sure it's entirely accurate so will check online banking every couple of dsys until payday to make sure I haven't screwed up the figures somewhere.
    *Half-way mark with the present I'm knitting & am 3/4s of the way through my new autumn scarf.
    *Made 2 small CC payments to pay off planned purchases where we used CCs solely for loyalty vouchers.
    *Two baths from one lot of hot water.
    *Laundry done on cheap overnight tariff. A second load done on the 30 mins at 30 deg setting. All nicely dry on the whirlygig as v sunny today.
    I can't think of anything else. I had a break for coffee & chat when a friend popped by, which was a nice surprise & a sit-down to catch up with 'Poldark'. Two meetings tomorrow so have been busy digging out paperwork for those too.
    Nice to have CCL back amongst our number.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    I had an appointment at a rather distant hospital today, so not a great deal achieved:
    Cleaned main bedroom and bathroom to take my mind off it before we left. Discovered that OH appears to have lost the little brush thing for the Dyson, so I will have to get another one :(
    Load of washing, dried outside :)
    Managed to get both red wine and cider stains out of the dress I wore to the festival on Saturday - neither beverage was drunk by me, but friends seemed overly keen to share it about :rotfl: Luckily it is a multi coloured dress, so once dry, it didn't show up too much at the festival!
    HM savoury mince with new potatoes for dinner :)
    Annoyingly, I was too distracted this morning to make a packed lunch to take on hospital journey, so we ended up buying tasteless sandwiches at a garage :( How do they even make sandwiches which taste of absolutely nothing? :huh: Anyway, £4 completely wasted in my view - though at least my stomach wasn't rumbling when I was speaking to the consultant :o
    Paid buildings and contents insurance renewal - definitely not a NSD then! (Although I was quite pleased with the quote)
    Just advertised OH's truck online - we are hoping to sell 2 vehicles and buy one newer one. We have savings to buy another one and do not want to continue to tax / insure both the current ones, plus our old camper van. We may go to look at a potentially suitable one tomorrow :) Anyway, more expense, £36.99 for the advert :eek:
    Stopped milk delivery for next week, as I have lots of milk in the fridge, and more came this morning which I have frozen.

Hospital news was as expected from my conversations with GPs, the consultant thinks that I have something chronic and incurable (though treatable if needed), but it doesn't need any treatment at this stage. She will confirm by letter when she gets the results from today's blood tests. Anyway, she didn't seem particularly worried, and I don't need to go back unless sent by my GP :) So, one down, gall bladder appointment next, but at least I know what to expect with that one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure