What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 17/07

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 July 2017 at 8:32AM
    Options
    Morning - eurgh I'm having trouble waking up! Feeling very groggy. will jump in the shower in a minute and hope that perks me up...

Plans for the day:

* have training in my home town today saving roughly 1.5hrs travel & the expense of said travel :T
    * training finishes at 3 so will come home and wfh for 1.5 hrs and avoid rush hour :money:
    * all meals from stores - [STRIKE]check meal plan[/STRIKE]
    * make mine and madam's lunch
    * water greenhouse plants. Pick today's produce
    * pick up some stem ginger, sugar and coconut oil to make pickled cucumber and home made sugar scrub
    * remind oh to bring home lavendar & lemon essential oils
    * exercise bike and hot tub this evening
    * will vacuum stair and upstairs
    * making falafels :)

Ok that's enough. Happy Thursday x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 July 2017 at 9:08PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    I have the opposite problem to you this morning DNMS :(, I was awake way before 5 and up before 6. Wide awake, but I am sure I will suffer for it later! It was really hot and humid here overnight, which is probably why. It has been / is raining, which has somewhat put paid to my plans for drying washing today. Managed to get the car rugs dry as the sun did come out - for a while, just got wet grabbing a second load of washing off the line as the heavens opened though. Now on airer!

Today's aims:
    Clear stuff out of cars and put away One done, one to go
    Ring dealership and find out when we can pick up new (to us) car Not till Monday
    Move / transfer money to pay for it :eek: This can wait a couple of days - I may as well have the couple of days interest as opposed to the car dealership :D
    Ring re temp car insurance (offered free by dealership to avoid driving old cars to garage for trade in uninsured, or new car back home uninsured, due to change of vehicle :eek:). They offer 3 days free fully comp cover to cover this, allow time for new arrangements etc. I am sure we are paying for it with the cost of the car, but might as well take advantage of it. As we aren't collecting till Monday, I decided this could wait till tomorrow.
    Get OH to do a tip run to get rid of all the carp we cleared out of the garage yesterday Done :T
    Take OH to building society to pay a cheque into his account and get his book updated (he is totally uninterested in doing things like this, so I do most of it - but this is his ISA and he needs to be there!) Done, only a small cheque but didn't want it forgotten!
    Check banks /finances after all these shenanigans :eek::eek: I will do this after I have done the big money transfer :eek:
    Dog walks I did the morning one, OH the afternoon :)
    Any surveys that are available, onepoll is creeping up again, it is the most reliable one for me :)A couple for onepoll, got screened out of an Ipsos one (as usual) but the odd few points that they give you does add up :)
    Make the banana cake I didn't make yesterday :oDone, blackening bananas all used up :)
    HM meals from stores, not much other cooking needed today as there is plenty of yesterday's steak and mushroom pie left :)Done, still enough of that enormous pie for another meal!
    Some cleaning :(Did the bathroom :)
    Some gardening, if it stops raining :)Fed the tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes, blueberry and quince tree, planted out some chard in a big tub, and planted out some kale plants in a gap in the raised bed. Must text DD and ask her if she wants the surplus kale and chard seedlings :)
    Received an unexpected free sample of the toothpaste that I like from Sainsburys, plus a money off coupon :)
    Picked lots of French beans and a handful of cherry tomatoes :)
    Phoned about my other hospital referral, and I have an appointment for early August.
    OH is watching golf on the TV (yawn) so I think I will go upstairs and put away some sales stock!
    Better have more coffee and get on with some of it!
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Dawn W equally hot and stuffy here last night. I have a big old fan at the bottom of the bed, I'm warm anyway (my age don't you know) poor DH was shivering this morning:o
    We are really cracking on with the house, bit more done on the kitchen. It will all come to a halt now that The British Open has started, no work will completed until after it finishes on Sunday. DH will be on strike which is fair enough, he never stops normally.
    I'm reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, By Marie Kondo at the moment. Interesting read and I'm sure it will help with operation move and downsize.
    Todays jobs
    -check the bank and pay in at the post office
    -post parcels
    -list list list
    -tea tonight out of the freezer
    -one bath for two
    -harvest some broccoli for tonights tea.

Have a good Thursday all x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

10 1/2 hours sleep last night, must have needed it and leg swelling down. Sprite is still doing it's job and feel better in general.
    Banking all checked
    Cat cleaning done
    All this talk of cake and muffins esp Dawn mentioning Nigel Slaters cake has inspired me to do some baking again. Used to do loads when I was younger but got rid of alot of my tins so I ordered a silicone loaf one yesterday. I'm going to have a go at the Nigel Slater cake, sounds fab.
    Going to have a tidy up in a minute as I've got a man coming out today to give me some decorating quotes. Didn't end up getting anything done yesterday, just took it easy.
    DD went out to get a pizza from tesc@s last night and ended up getting a few YS bits. She is going away for the weekend with a sporting event so will get them in the freezer today ready to pull out for the weekend. YS bits picked up like this don't half save a fortune rather than just buying a meal deal which I hate doing.
    Forgot to say, I had a letter from my IVA people saying that they are nearly ready to release the completion certificate. It really is beginning to sink in now that everything is finished but there are bits of me that still can't believe it.
    Have a good day everyone, will be thinking of you CCL-really close now x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all!

I woke earlier than usual as I could hear a little bird's distress call and I thought one of the cats had brought one in but when I followed the sound to its source it was a little baby robin sitting on the window ledge :) It flew off when it saw me and I've closed the window now in case it comes back and the cats get up there.

I quick survey of the garden this morning revealed that my first cucumber is growing, I really need to stake it because it's just sprawling across the floor at the moment.

I've brought in all food and snacks again today and shortly I'm off out to buy DS a black shirt as he starts his new job on Monday and just needs to wear black until they sort his uniform. I'm not sure if he'll have to take in his own knives, I will really miss them if he does because they are 'proper' ones and brilliant!

I need to pack up a WBB package and drop to the shop.

If it's not raining tonight I'll pick some more of the wild strawberries and some blackberries.

Tonight I really DO need to iron/put away all the washing.

Have a good day all!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Frugalistas,
    Out all morning at a local charity but have managed some jobs from my list this afternoon, some of them money saving:
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & work snacks.
    *Refilled all our little snack boxes with dried fruit.Can't believe I used to buy bags of the ready-filled boxes.
    *Did the ironing. Switched off to iron final garment which only needed low heat anyway so ironed it for free.
    *Divvied up my YS bargain mince from freezer (£1 for 500g). Have made koftas for tonight & saved the other half for spag bol tomorrow.
    *Everything weighed out ready to make garlic flatbreads to serve with the koftas. Will freeze some too.
    *Picked another colander of french beans. Blanched & frozen.
    *mr f was off work this morning so volunteered to get the grocery shopping. I had to budget an extra £20 this month as we went over budget too early in the month but am pleased to say that after visiting Aldi & Waitrose, he came home within the planned amount.....even with a bottle of wine.
    *Managed a hairwash from last dregs of shampoo bottle by giving it a swill round with warm water.
    *Aiming to finish current knitting project tonight. Looking forward to casting on the next one.
    Must shift the ample backside now & start getting these flatbreads in the pan.
    Bye,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: up waaaay too early (3.45) :eek: after DD came for a cuddle. The cuddle was well worth it but I've not been back to sleep, so today will mostly be powered by coffee ;)

On a positive note, it's payday :j:j means I can do by big money shuffle before work :A other things for today:
    Decide if we're going out tonight using free ticket, it's meant to rain, so I'm not sure if it's a great idea, may decide when I'm back from work
    Quick shop at supermarket with list, can't be believe I've stretched to payday without going. It's amazing how creative you can be :D
    Check surveys, FPL
    Update annoying/July things to achieve
    Put returns in car and try and take them back later
    See if there is a card factory near where my meeting is today to get DH birthday card and anniversary card. Will see if there's any others for August whilst I'm there to save time. Need a few generic children's ones too for parties
    Hang washing out, get another load on before work that DH can hang out

Right off for the payday shuffle and coffee.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 July 2017 at 7:26AM
    Options
    morning perps! Wow that is an early start!

I've been enjoying the peace of the house and coffee for the last 1/2 hr :) need to spring into action soon!

Thinking I will wfh for an hour before setting off to Dartford this monring. I'm not supposed to wfh but it will save time, effort and £. I might even head back to the office in my home town after my appts so will be nearer to home when 5 comes :D

Things to do today:

* get sugar, stem ginger, more sugar and vinegar - now have 3 things to make :) (sugar scrub, pickled cucumbers and chilli jam)
    * make madam's & my lunch. Oh taking lo pasta bake. I'm having hm falafel & hummus pita :money:
    * make note of mileage and update expenses
    * get oh to call the outlaws and confirm camping in France dates so we can book the ferry
    * hang up washing
    * might make a start on kon marie-ing again this evening....
    * speak to dd re tomorrow's plans
    * [STRIKE]water plants and pick any ripe tomatoes [/STRIKE]- they are coming thick and fast now :)
    [STRIKE]* checked banking & did small transfer[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]checked cc statement to make sure I don't miss the payment [/STRIKE]date ;)
    * [STRIKE]checked meal plan & got portion of chilli out of the freezer[/STRIKE]
    * depending on time might make the blinking courgette cake
    * text sil and let her know I'm not working in her town on Monday so can't meet for a drink

Ok that's all. Happy Friday :beer:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Money Savers,
    On today's list:
    *Clean whole house using minmal products & washable cloths.
    *Water & feed veggie garden.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Re-pot & feed conservatory plants. Divide to make new free ones where possible.
    *Check online banking.
    *Move a couple of funds around to keep things straight.
    *Enter a competition & prize draw.
    *Check presents box before possibly using one of my survey vouchers to purchase a gift.
    *Finish knitting project & think about design for the next one.
    *Check into ebay to update account & see if current 2 watchers have put their money where their mouth is yet.
    *Wash cat's bedding for a free dry out on the line before the rain comes.
    *Mend top.
    A much-needed whole day at home today & I don't intend to waste it, so I'm off now in a cloud of productivity.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Today's list:
    Go to post office to collect a parcel that we missed delivery of yesterday, thinking of walking - but I haven't walked quite that far since I was ill, and it looks like rain :think: Maybe I will coincide with another couple of errands and take the car, as I don't want to wipe myself out and not have the energy to do anything else....
    Cleaning / tidying - I am at least going to clean the kitchen floor and put away some of GD's toys which are again threatening to take over the dining room!
    Go through fridge and see what needs using or freezing
    Sort money stuff out for new car
    Ring re temporary insurance
    Some gardening - front garden today, just tidying pots and tubs, but they need doing :)
    Text DD and ask if she would like spare veg plants
    Sort out sales stock which is colluding with GD's toys to take over the house :rotfl:
    Any surveys that are available
    HM meals from what we have :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family