Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • whitesatin
    • By whitesatin 11th Oct 16, 9:45 AM
    • 1,871Posts
    • 5,660Thanks
    whitesatin
    Partnership Card (John Lewis)
    • 11th Oct 16, 9:45 AM
    Partnership Card (John Lewis) 11th Oct 16 at 9:45 AM
    They have changed their system/format and one has to re-register. I think there must be teething problems as I am unable to log on to my account. I have managed to re-register as requested but I'm hoping that they get the issues sorted soon. There is a high volume of activity on their phone lines so I can't get through.

I suppose, as the changes only took effect yesterday, I'll just have to wait.

I'm assuming that the changes will be for the better but I don't like change, I suppose.
Page 1
    • downshifted
    • By downshifted 11th Oct 16, 1:52 PM
    • 882 Posts
    • 1,745 Thanks
    downshifted
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:52 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:52 PM
    Me neither - and I don't recall being told about this change previously. I can't log on either, and I am unhappy about having to re-register giving all my details again
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
    • whitesatin
    • By whitesatin 11th Oct 16, 4:24 PM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 5,660 Thanks
    whitesatin
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:24 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:24 PM
    Me neither - and I don't recall being told about this change previously. I can't log on either, and I am unhappy about having to re-register giving all my details again
    Originally posted by downshifted
    I am pretty sure that they told me it would be undergoing changes and not accessible over the weekend but it's annoying that there are still issues
    • Suffolk lass
    • By Suffolk lass 11th Oct 16, 5:31 PM
    • 795 Posts
    • 12,726 Thanks
    Suffolk lass
    • 11th Oct 16, 5:31 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 5:31 PM
    I received an email on the 7th October reminding me that I would be unable to access my account until Sunday 9th when I would need to re-register. I successfully did so and it was clear that they have allowed us to choose our own userid and password and that there is now a mobile app to allow for the fact that fewer people are using desktop devices and now expect to access their banking and cards from mobile devices.

For anyone who missed it I am reproducing the text from the email here:

"Hello

As you may already know, from 10 October we’re adding some new services to the partnership card which make managing your account easier. To continue to access your account and get the most out of the new services you’ll need to re-register. Don’t worry, it’s easy to do.

When you log into your account from 10 October have your partnership card to hand and we’ll guide you through the rest of the process. You’ll only need to do this once.

Please note, from this afternoon (7 October) you won’t be able to log in until Sunday afternoon (9 October) due to the changes we’re making. But if you need to access your account during that time, just call Customer services on 0345 300 3833. 0345 300 3833."

SL
    MFiT T4 #2 Q2 update 11.53% after Q3
    Save £12k in 2016 thread #92 - so far £9689/£10,000 (target inc from £6000 in Aug)
    OS Grocery Challenge budget of £3000 - 86.97/84.62% after 11/12 months
    Reading and learning about investing... lots to learn and I am consciously incompetent
    • whitesatin
    • By whitesatin 11th Oct 16, 6:11 PM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 5,660 Thanks
    whitesatin
    • 11th Oct 16, 6:11 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 6:11 PM
    I've now been able to access my account although it is quite (understandably) slow. The only thing I can't see, and miss, is the "Pending transactions" facility. I'm not sure if this will be on an App but I never use my phone for anything financial so I probably won't find out.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 11th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    Card declined twice today after requesting new contactless card. I'm guessing they've just cancelled the existing card without any warning that that would happen.

Be warned, if you're looking to replace an existing card with contactless.

Impossible to get through to them on the phone today to find out for certain why declined - tried twice and gave up on each occasion after at least 15 minutes.

The Partnership Card has always seemed the poor relative of other HSBC products - outdated website and indifferent customer service (much like John Lewis itself). This takes it, though, to new depths.
    • whitesatin
    • By whitesatin 12th Oct 16, 8:09 AM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 5,660 Thanks
    whitesatin
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:09 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:09 AM
    I have only used my normal card, over the phone and don't have contactless on that credit card.

I shall see how it all goes. I've had their card for many, many years now and haven't really had problems before.
    • jaybee
    • By jaybee 12th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 1,375 Posts
    • 2,479 Thanks
    jaybee
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    I have managed to re-register and access my account although it was a veryslow process. For some reason best known to themselves I have been unable to switch to Online Only Statements.

Surely they could have had a lot of these problems ironed out before going 'live'. Not what we expect from John Lewis!
    • ArielNH
    • By ArielNH 12th Oct 16, 10:03 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ArielNH
    • 12th Oct 16, 10:03 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 10:03 AM
    Seem to be disorganised. Got in touch with the CS number on Sunday, as the usual site was blocked, and they appeared unaware of the changes. JL have contact details and email: they should have alerted users to the imminent changes. Eventually got my registration updated but the summary gives a superseded CC number. Even now, there is no acknowledgement of the issues. Think I may change cards. It is HSBC behind this JL front so perhaps should not be surprised.
    • Chanes
    • By Chanes 12th Oct 16, 10:46 AM
    • 602 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    Chanes
    I have been on the phone waiting for over an hour today and could not get through, I tried yesterday and Monday and all these calls are at national call rates! I also received the email about the changes but honestly thought they would have known how to deal with it! I tried re-registering and it accepted the details and locked my card! It's just incompetent, surely they must have checked the process!
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 12th Oct 16, 10:54 AM
    • 2,544 Posts
    • 4,355 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    I just tried registering for new online service and just keeps coming up "cannot find page". Shambles.
    Debt and mortgage free and saving for early retirement
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 13th Oct 16, 9:31 AM
    • 2,464 Posts
    • 631 Thanks
    Anthorn
    They have changed their system/format and one has to re-register. I think there must be teething problems as I am unable to log on to my account. I have managed to re-register as requested but I'm hoping that they get the issues sorted soon. There is a high volume of activity on their phone lines so I can't get through.

I suppose, as the changes only took effect yesterday, I'll just have to wait.

I'm assuming that the changes will be for the better but I don't like change, I suppose.
    Originally posted by whitesatin
    They did give warning on their web site and in an email that their systems are going to be changed, a new contactless card issued and a mobile app available.

But it fell down when they told everyone without warning that they would have to re-register, everyone went to the website to re-register and brought down the website. I managed to re-register after constant retries but I still cannot access the summary page nor statements after logging in.

More annoying that they are only issuing the new contactless card on renewal which means I have to wait for 2 years!
    Lloyds Bank Platinum 10.9%
    Amex Platinum Cashback Everyday 22.9%
    The American Express Card
    Natwest Reward
    Rainy day fund - target £3000 - latest total £3050
    Average total credit limit used = 36% (Xmas!)
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 13th Oct 16, 10:28 AM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    More annoying that they are only issuing the new contactless card on renewal which means I have to wait for 2 years!
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    Has that changed since Sunday, which was the first day that you could ask them for a replacement contactless card?

It was originally 4 September, but they backtracked on that and delayed the start date for 5 weeks.

Downside to asking for replacement cards, though, was that they cancelled the originals without any warning that they'd do that. Meaning declined transactions, embarrassment and inconvenience. If anyone had only the one card it might have been seriously difficult.

This has been a shambolic switchover - and doubtless John Lewis and HSBC will be blaming each other for it.

Amex, by comparison with this lot, is a dream.
    • Chanes
    • By Chanes 13th Oct 16, 10:57 AM
    • 602 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    Chanes
    Still cannot be contacted on the phone 30 minutes at national rates before giving up again. Shambolic is an understatement.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 13th Oct 16, 11:03 AM
    • 2,464 Posts
    • 631 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Has that changed since Sunday, which was the first day that you could ask them for a replacement contactless card?

It was originally 4 September, but they backtracked on that and delayed the start date for 5 weeks.

Downside to asking for replacement cards, though, was that they cancelled the originals without any warning that they'd do that. Meaning declined transactions, embarrassment and inconvenience. If anyone had only the one card it might have been seriously difficult.

This has been a shambolic switchover - and doubtless John Lewis and HSBC will be blaming each other for it.

Amex, by comparison with this lot, is a dream.
    Originally posted by Doc N
    Do you have a link to that information? As far as I can see there is no way to request an early card replacement. But I suppose it could be rolling out on a user-by-user basis.

My guess is that John Lewis are just agents and it's all down to HSBC which in my experience is rare for HSBC.
    Natwest Reward
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 13th Oct 16, 11:12 AM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    One further downside to getting a replacement contactless card sent out is that the cancelled existing card (which they don't tell you will be cancelled) won't allow you to access the new website.

So there you are, with existing cards cancelled, no replacement cards, no means of accessing the website, and no means of contacting the clowns responsible for this fiasco!

John Lewis has an appalling 1.5/10 rating on Trustpilot already, and this isn't going to help them any!
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 13th Oct 16, 11:19 AM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    Do you have a link to that information? As far as I can see there is no way to request an early card replacement. But I suppose it could be rolling out on a user-by-user basis.

My guess is that John Lewis are just agents and it's all down to HSBC which in my experience is rare for HSBC.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    No link, I'm afraid, but that's what they've been telling me on the phone since the summer when I asked for a contactless card. They seemed to be the only outfit not able to provide one!

They said it was coming, and a replacement could be ordered over the phone from 4 September. There was no system in place to pre-order one, so I duly phoned on 4 September, only to be told that the date had been put back to 9 October.

Again, no pre-order system, so phoned on 9 October - they said the new cards would be put in the post. But did NOT say that the existing cards would cease to be valid immediately!

If you do ask for one over the phone, bear in mind what will happen to your existing cards and make sure you have alternatives.
    • yellow218
    • By yellow218 13th Oct 16, 7:51 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    yellow218
    has anyone been able to find the app?

I managed to re-register today and was fine. Everything seemed to be working. Only neg i can see so far is the exported transactions appear to be formatted as text, so you can't actually do any equations or anything. Anyone found out how to get it back to 'number' values instead?
    • Chanes
    • By Chanes 13th Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    Chanes
    Yes, it's back up and working! But I still don't like the new format, there must be a reason for it though!
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 13th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    • 2,464 Posts
    • 631 Thanks
    Anthorn
    has anyone been able to find the app?

I managed to re-register today and was fine. Everything seemed to be working. Only neg i can see so far is the exported transactions appear to be formatted as text, so you can't actually do any equations or anything. Anyone found out how to get it back to 'number' values instead?
    Originally posted by yellow218
    Under the "Statements" tab I clicked on "Export" and got a CSV download.

Yup up and running for me too but logged in late - 2241 today.
    Natwest Reward
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,245Posts Today

5,869Users online

Martin's Twitter