Partnership Card (John Lewis)

12346»

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Something of a puzzle this morning: An Equifax Alert reports the "JOHN LEWIS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD (I)" credit account deleted on 24 November 2016 and no new information added for that credit account (yet). This does happen from time to time but usually there are two entries showing deleted and new information comprising the "Changed Status of Account Summary" for example Natwest on 27 October 2016.

Nothing changed on my online account and no emails or letters received. My guess is this is due to a change of T&Cs.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,011 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
  • Their new system is appalling. Been a Partnership card user for about 8 years, and have never had any problems until now.
    I used to overpay to "charge" the card up so i could use it for big items (like a John Lewis Kitchen, as they advised me to do in store!) but they've changed the rules so you can't do this now.
    Also, their new system won't let me pay off any outstanding balance until i've been issued with a statement by the looks of it, making it hard to reset my credit limit in time for Christmas spending.

Really annoyed by them :(
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Something of a puzzle this morning: An Equifax Alert reports the "JOHN LEWIS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD (I)" credit account deleted on 24 November 2016 and no new information added for that credit account (yet). This does happen from time to time but usually there are two entries showing deleted and new information comprising the "Changed Status of Account Summary" for example Natwest on 27 October 2016.

Nothing changed on my online account and no emails or letters received. My guess is this is due to a change of T&Cs.

Sure enough new information was added to my Equifax credit history yesterday 01 Dec 2016
    New Information JOHN LEWIS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD (I) Credit Card
  • I'm also having issues with the rubbish CSV export. The files come over as character set UTF16 (i.e. not plain text) and there isn't enough data in there to import cleanly - I have to load it into Excel, tidy it up (change date formats), save as normal text, import it and go into my software afterwards and tidy it up.

I've sent them a secure message asking for QIF export again. I doubt it will happen and will most probably be looking for a new credit card at the turn of the year.
  • Anthorn
    I received a letter from John Lewis / Partnership Card apologising for the difficulties during the recent re-organisation. No real update on anything, particularly the mobile app which I'm waiting for. But welcome anyway. At least they took the trouble to contact me by post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure